PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Alissa?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

victoriaheidi
03-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Icenetwork has its own "World Rankings (http://web.icenetwork.com/rankings/index.jsp?disc=ladies)," which are not the same as the ISU's "World Rankings."

I've seen theirs multiple times over the years, but I never understood how they ranked. Does anyone know how the IN process works?

kwanfan1818
03-13-2012, 08:09 AM
When a new thread is started and there is already discussion on the same topic going on elsewhere, I normally will point out where it is to the thread starter so they can go read the posts there. I'll take FM's jab as a compliment and am waiting for my check from USFS. :)
When you get it, you better stop taking all of those bank transfers from Piseev's account ;)

geod2
03-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I've seen theirs multiple times over the years, but I never understood how they ranked. Does anyone know how the IN process works?

Just click on the button called "Complete Summary" to the right of the rankings.

http://web.icenetwork.com/rankings/index.jsp?disc=ladies

That small window expands with a detailed explanation.

AndyWarhol
03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
I would wager that Alissa eats as much ice cream as Sasha ate all those cookies she used to bake.

Marco
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
and the choreo is not any more empty than last season's, IMO.

At least the music was colourful last year and she skated to it.

The music this year was basically toneless for the first 2 minutes and she barely interoreted it at all.

Leticia
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Czisny could have taken "Kostner Route", where she dumpens the jump content and create the atmosphere that she is clean. Czisny's skating skill is superb, and she has the killer spins!!

But oh well, this route can only be taken this year, as phenoms(elizaveta, Gracie etc.,) are joining seniors next year.

Iceman
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
When you get your check, Sylvia, throw a FSU party!!!! lol

Vagabond
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I mentioned it to her the next time that I saw her. She told me that she'd found it too difficult to maintain while traveling and had become more flexible about consuming dairy products.

Thanks.

So, apparently, it's a well-known fact that Alissa Czisny is not a vegan. :P

jlai
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
I wish Sylvia were a paid USFS person so I could :bribe: :bribe: her into sending the right ladies to JGP. :drama:

Cheylana
03-13-2012, 04:53 PM
What a :rolleyes:, kneejerk thread, full of (mostly) pointless whining.

Alissa had one bad competition. It happens.
Well, let's get the facts straight; it wasn't one bad competition. It's two really awful competitions (Challenge Cup plus GPF), two mediocre competitions (US Nationals and the GP Paris event), one okay competition (Skate America) and zero great competitions this season.

I do agree that whining is pointless, but that could be said of thousands of threads started on FSU. How about all those "Starting Order" threads and "OMG, so-and-so is skating first, he's screwed!" and "my favorite skater has to go last, her nerves won't be able to take it!" :lol:

Anyways, Alissa will go to Worlds, and I do love her skating, so I hope she works through the kinks and knocks it out of the park. :kickass:

The original version of the article to which pinky166 was referring ("Five Favorite Things with Alissa Czisny") said that Czisny "had recently become a vegan." The version currently posted on icenetwork (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101115&content_id=16099560&vkey=ice_news) says Czisny is a vegetarian; here's a cached version (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2hXyt5ueuesJ:www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php%3F32938-%2591Fresh-start%2592-for-Czisny-after-personal-disappointment/page2+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us) where someone had copy-and-pasted the original article (post 29). If you read further down the thread to which you linked ("Fresh Start for Czisny (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75652&page=6)"), there's some discussion about vegan vs. vegetarian, but most people indicate that Czisny said "vegan." (I knew I'd read somewhere that Czisny had gone vegan, because that was the first I'd heard of it, and I mentioned it to her the next time that I saw her. She told me that she'd found it too difficult to maintain while traveling and had become more flexible about consuming dairy products.)
Thank you for clearing this up! :kickass::kickass:

geod2
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Didn't Alissa stand up six triples at the 2010-11 GPF? Or am I remembering wrong?Yes, that’s right 6 triples with only one UR call. She also completed a 2A, stumbled out of it, but stayed standing.

Well, let's get the facts straight; it wasn't one bad competition. It's two really awful competitions (Challenge Cup plus GPF), two mediocre competitions (US Nationals and the GP Paris event), one okay competition (Skate America) and zero great competitions this season. Ignoring the SP, her Skate America competition was better (Gold medal),
but IMO her TEB performance was better because of the FS (her main vulnerability):

Skate America -> 6 Triples, 6 negative GOEs, 3 UR/DGs, one fall, TES = 51.37, TSS = 113.28 (Gold)
TEB ---------------> 5 Triples, 0 Negative GOEs, 0 UR/DGs, no falls, TES = 60.06, TSS = 121.90 (Bronze)

I’d much rather see a repeat of the TEB FS than the Skate America one.

Anyways, Alissa will go to Worlds, and I do love her skating, so I hope she works through the kinks and knocks it out of the park. Amen (and fingers crossed!).

-

skatesindreams
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I appreciate the insight into Alissa's psyche & into her training regimen & diet.
I didn't realize so many people here know Alissa so intimately. And that so many are trained dieticians. You learn so much at FSU.

I take everything I read in these threads with a "boatload of salt"!

Cheylana
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Ignoring the SP, her Skate America competition was better (Gold medal),
but IMO her TEB performance was better because of the FS (her main vulnerability):[/FONT][/SIZE]

I’d much rather see a repeat of the TEB FS than the Skate America one.[/FONT][/SIZE]

You know, I almost lumped Skate America into the mediocre competition category, but I figured I'd be :lynch: since Alissa did win. :lol: Also I gave her some credit for having a nice SP at that competition.

geod2
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
You know, I almost lumped Skate America into the mediocre competition category, but I figured I'd be :lynch: since Alissa did win. :lol: Also I gave her some credit for having a nice SP at that competition.

For some crazy reason I'm not so worried about her SP at Worlds.

It's unlikely you'll be :lynch: ....... there seems to be more concern about what she eats than how she's skated. :lol:

-

Cheylana
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
there seems to be more concern about what she eats than how she's skated. :lol:
True :lol: there also seems to be massive boredom and anxiousness for Worlds to get started. :lol: