PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Alissa?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33

AxelAnnie
04-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Absolutely! I, personally, also need help with pairs technical elements.

Do you mean here on the board? I would love to. I have learned so much here, and there is so much more to learn.

attyfan
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Reading through the past few pages of comments on PCS, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in an off-season "FSU Judges' School" on program components. Interest? No interest? Any requests for other off-season "FSU Judges' School" or "FSU Technical School" topics?

Great idea ... I'd love both.

arakwafan2006
04-03-2012, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=arakwafan2006;3535609]

I agree that Alissa has told the world that she has "absolutely no clue why x, y and z" happened too many times. At least make up something! She needs to have an answer to that question.

If for no other person than herslef, she ABSOLUTELY needs an answer to that question. The "i have no clue what happened" only works on the one off performance where you actually dont know what happened. Czisny made a career of terrible..scratch that... BAD performances. This most recent worlds performance was the terrible one. I am not wishing bad on her but i hope that the explaination is that there is an ailment that she has caused a hampering to her training. If the answer is that she's just weak psychologically then its time to bow out. Or, she can stick around, not get any of the funding that stronger skaters can put to use and just skate for herself.

Practice vids of her have been uploaded and they looked pretty bad. Her lutz pattern for instance was different in both vids though the camera angle was the same. I just think that she does not know how to make it happen. The falls she took were those of someone who either is scared or just learning the jumps. They looks so physically painful that i am shocked that she could finish. I dont have the complete picture but the indicator that something is wrong is that at her level she botched the double axel in both programs.

Think about this. She started out the season wanting to add a salchow and do a triple triple. then, they tried to add a double axel triple toe.FAIL! now there are no triple triples and only 1 double axel, i believe in the free... FAIL. Its like, come on...you're a champion. You mean to tell me you dont have even ONE money jump that you own no matter what?

Seriously, it might be time for her to get off of the pot because the water beneath her is still clear... you sniffin what i'm steppin in???:D

brightphoton
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I sniffin' whachu steppin' in :cool:

AxelAnnie
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I think there is a "what happened" in here somewhere. Alissa started the season with some really good skates.....adding in jumps. And then slowly she just....got worse and worse.

She was absolute magic last season......no school, training full time, new coaches. And then, implosion. It is a trajectory that just doesn't make any sense.

So, I keep waiting to find out what happened. Jason & Yuka must be reeling. Last season they were working miracles....this year they had three top skaters ..... pretty much bottom out together.

RD
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I think there is a "what happened" in here somewhere. Alissa started the season with some really good skates.....adding in jumps. And then slowly she just....got worse and worse.

I think things snowballed out of control after her GPF injury. Somehow she couldn't get the mojo back afterward...

She was absolute magic last season......no school, training full time, new coaches. And then, implosion. It is a trajectory that just doesn't make any sense.

Actually, with Czisny it makes perfect sense. It's how her career has been all this time. A very bumpy roller-coaster ride.

demetriosj
04-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Caroline should have been 2nd at Nationals, I honestly would have had Alissa 5th. Gao skated 2 good programs and Zawadzki's lead from the SP should have kept her over Alissa overall - Alissa getting 63 for her SP with that messy single axel was just not right, and then her FS wasn't good, huge mistakes on both lutzes, and she only attempted 5 triples to begin with. 3rd place was debateable but that's the absolute highest she should have reasonably placed at nationals. Alissa placing 2nd in the FS especially was a complete joke, she clearly should have been 6th in that segment, behind Ashley, Caroline, Rachel, Christina, and Angela who all skated really strong FS programs. Her FS was not much better than Mirai honestly and Mirai got hammered by the judging panel and yet Alissa didn't.

Agree with your assessment of this year's Nationals results.

Let's hope the USFS judges don't put all their eggs in one basket next year, as they traditionally do. Supporting one skater above all others.

It's a shame they don't support all of these young up and comers. With all the time and money they put into this sport.

Why focus on only one? It would just make sense to support more of them, and at the least judge fairly.

Twizzler
04-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Let's hope the USFS judges don't put all their eggs in one basket next year, as they traditionally do. Supporting one skater above all others.

Seriously??? It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that all eggs have already been put in the Gracie Gold basket.

Nomad
04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I think the main problem was changing the long program from comp to comp. How can you be consistent if you're doing a different jump layout every time you compete?

FiveRinger
04-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Reading through the past few pages of comments on PCS, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in an off-season "FSU Judges' School" on program components. Interest? No interest? Any requests for other off-season "FSU Judges' School" or "FSU Technical School" topics?

OMG--where do I sign up? I know what I like, aesthetically, but I couldn't begin to argue points as to why one skater really should place ahead of another. Even someone pointing out good resources available (online or not) where fans can learn the basics about skating would be really helpful. Maybe someone can set up tutorials on YouTube....:D

demetriosj
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Seriously??? It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that all eggs have already been put in the Gracie Gold basket.

then I guess everyone else might as well give up and quit! they're going to be ignored anyway no matter how they perform, just like at this year's Nationals. why invest the time and money if she's already been preordained?!

that's the kind of thinking they promote when they pick one and run with it.

Twizzler
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
then I guess everyone else might as well give up and quit! they're going to be ignored anyway no matter how they perform, just like at this year's Nationals. why invest the time and money if she's already been preordained?!

that's the kind of thinking they promote when they pick one and run with it.

^^This. I agree completely. :blah: All of the other ladies must sense that this is what's going on as well.

Frau Muller
04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I think there is a "what happened" in here somewhere. Alissa started the season with some really good skates..........

She started with the now-classic "Skate America Prop-up" of any top American lady in the field. Kostner deserved that win.

judgejudy27
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Even if all the eggs have been put in the Gold basket there are still 2 or 3 spots to make the team, so that isnt any reason to give up for the others. It is not like you need to be U.S #1 to have a chance as past instances show. Anyway Gold could fall apart at any moment (not that I am hoping that happens but she is as of yet untested as a senior).

arakwafan2006
04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Am I the only one who comes to this site wondering if there will be a post pertaining to alissa retiring? So nerve destructing...