PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Alissa?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

bek
03-11-2012, 11:23 PM
My problem with Phil's whole tirade is this: Wasn't Phil one who argued that Gracie Gold should be sent to Four Continents. Who exactly did Phil think Gold would replace?

Alissa is responsible for ALISSA's skating, and I actually think its smart for the USFSA to spread the wealth.

smarts1
03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Ugh Phil is a retard. I had a feeling Alissa wasn't going to be sent to 4CCs this year. She gave a whole lot of excuses last year when she didn't do well at 4CCs after nationals, so what was the incentive for sending her to 4CCs this year? Make more excuses for herself if she didn't perform well again?

Anyways, Alissa will probably do okay at Worlds. She probably won't medal, but I'm sure (at least hoping) she won't tank as much as she did at Challenge Cup. She'll probably crack top 6.

fenway2
03-11-2012, 11:50 PM
My problem with Phil's whole tirade is this: Wasn't Phil one who argued that Gracie Gold should be sent to Four Continents. Who exactly did Phil think Gold would replace?

Alissa is responsible for ALISSA's skating, and I actually think its smart for the USFSA to spread the wealth.
Phil would have argued Gold be sent over Wagner than Czisny. He has no objectivity when it comes to his favorite. Why isn't he urging Czisny to return to school ( yes i know she graduated) or hit the pro circuit as he has so many skaters before her? No, instead he makes excuses for her. Her poor performances are someone else's fault. :rofl: My problem with Hersh is he doesn't report. He plays favorites and comes off as a bully to some and a cheerleader or enabler to others.

nubka
03-12-2012, 12:19 AM
BTW, how the heck do people know what Alissa eats?

Because we all know everything! :D

Skittl1321
03-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Because we all know everything! :D

It's the hidden cameras...

demetriosj
03-12-2012, 12:45 AM
My problem with Hersh is he doesn't report. He plays favorites and comes off as a bully to some and a cheerleader or enabler to others.

Amen..

RD
03-12-2012, 01:26 AM
The question every time Czisny enters a competition is, which Czisny is going to show up?

Bad/mediocre Czisny has materialized every single time this season. I hoped Worlds would be different and she'd take advantage of the extra training time to get herself ready, and I wondered why she wanted to even bother with this competition in the first place. If she tanked it (which she did), would it be worth it? What would it do to her confidence for worlds?

You can virtually forget about Czisny medaling here. I don't see a massive 180-degree turnaround in just two weeks. She'll likely have a better showing at worlds (because honestly, it can't get much worse), and we just have to hold our breath and just hope good Czisny makes that rare appearance. As for Wagner, well, many questions surround her as well. We need a podium challenger and if Czisny does not improve dramatically it looks like it will be on Wagner to play the role instead...

(and for once, I'd like to see Czisny take a little more responsibility for her poor performances...the END RESULT is out of your control, yes, but your skating is definitely not!!)

arakwafan2006
03-12-2012, 04:39 AM
It's just that Alissa seems so tortured this year. The questions about her diet are just weird to me. It's not like she's transparently thin or like she looks like she is a diabedic. She actually looks her normal size. Alissa just does not have what it takes to sustain a competitive career. I wish more than anything that she would prove me wrong but i dont see it coming.

I still say that she's way too "well what did you think would happen?" in her interviews. I suppose on the other hand, everyone is not champion material. At the end of the day, she's accomplished a lot. 2 time national champion. a freekin Chrysler commercial. She did a lot. We'll always remember her. I would draw Sasha Cohen paralles but i cant because Sasha was pretty consistent with her medals at worlds.

I hope A.S. gets it together. I bet Julianne Berlin and Theresa McKendry (sp) are probably saying " see...it wasnt us..."

pinky166
03-12-2012, 06:14 AM
BTW, how the heck do people know what Alissa eats?

It's a known fact she's a vegan, meaning, pretty much nothing unhealthy and probably not much at all. Sooo many foods are off limits for vegans.

brightphoton
03-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Alissa started her vegetarianism about 2 years ago. I don't know how serious she's been with it since.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101115&content_id=16099560&vkey=ice_news

Iceman
03-12-2012, 06:35 AM
She noted, "I finally realized that my results in skating didn't define who I am as a person."[20

No, of course not, but they do define who she is as a skater, don't they?

Alissa does eat ice cream. Chocolate is her fav. Wouldn't think that counts as one of the healthiest foods.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101115&content_id=16099560&vkey=ice_news

Triple Butz
03-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Alissa is never going to be a consistent skater, but I don't get all the doom and gloom and suggestions that she's injured or has an improper diet are a little inappropriate coming from people who don't know her and are drawing conclusions from what they've read on the internet.

The fact is, we are sending the best possible team to worlds. Ashley can pretty much be counted on for solid skating, but there is no other senior in the US who can consistently deliver. Agnes had one GREAT sp this season, and all other performances have been seriously lacking. Caroline has been wonderful in her last two outings, but she had a disastrous FS at Skate America and didn't even win her sectionals. Mirai, as we all know, has been just as up and down as Alissa. Rachael is a shadow of her former self. Gracie is still a junior and chose not to compete as a senior, so Alissa is our best bet.

Alissa has medaled at every major event this season save the GPF, which only she qualified for in the US. She's certainly not a lock, but if she delivers, we all know she will be in the medal hunt. If she bombs, at least she is getting decent PCS and her spins are always point-getters. Can't say the same for most of the other ladies. Nothing to do now but think positively!

victoriaheidi
03-12-2012, 07:17 AM
I will say that I agree with everyone who says that she needs to start taking more responsibility for what happens on the ice. As someone else said, she can't control her placement, but she can--to an extent--control her numbers, and she can most certainly mentally work to control her performances. What happens on the ice isn't the responsibility of her coaches, her choreographer, her competitors or Phil Hersh. Her 2:50 and 4:00 are HERS and what happens during that time is her responsibility.

I also feel like Alissa needs to start making us believe that she's a champ. Ashley got some flack for saying things like "it's my Nationals to lose," but I respected her desire to aspire to something. Alissa's very cagey and coy about this stuff, but I feel like she has the goods. Maybe if she went around and told reporters, "this is my Worlds to lose," she'd begin to believe it and she'd be confident enough to make it happen. She needs to act like a grown woman and a champion and not like a giggly teenager. Is she adorable? Yes. Can I take her seriously? Not as easily as I can take Ashley seriously.

pinky166
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
She noted, "I finally realized that my results in skating didn't define who I am as a person."[20

No, of course not, but they do define who she is as a skater, don't they?

Alissa does eat ice cream. Chocolate is her fav. Wouldn't think that counts as one of the healthiest foods.

Vegan icecream probably. It's soy-based or tofu-based and it's actually pretty healthy. She was a vegetarian before but now she is a vegan, I've read it in a few articles, so she obviously takes it seriously.

Frau Muller
03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
But there's no specific Czisny thread so I don't see the harm in this one. :) ...!

'Nice try' by the USFS Paid Forum Police to force closure of a thread.

BRAVO to Phil Hersh for telling it like it is. I respect that man. A lot. USFS cannot pay him off.

As for Alissa...now we understand why she selected a funeral dirge as music for her LP. C'est tout.