PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Alissa?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

judgejudy27
03-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Goodbye Alissa, I am through with you. There are no excuses for that performance, and you've been around FAR TOO LONG to know better. She's injured, plain and simple, and she was in no way shape or form prepared and ready for this competition. She should have withdrawn, but now she's ruined the rest of her career and it's too late to salvage it.

I'm done with her. She's let me down way too many times, and this time she let herself down by rushing back into competition when she wasn't healthy, and tanking the absolute worst she ever has. Two weeks after she had already done the same thing, and she showed up to World in the same condition when she got the warning wake up call that she wasn't ready and the injury wasn't getting better two weeks before. No excuses. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mad:

Amen, well said. Next year she will receive Flatt-like USFSA dumpage, and deservedly so.

Skittl1321
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
A lot of people eviscerated Flatt last year for skating injured. Alissa is not immune to it. It's been known that she was injured for over a month. Her practices here have been horrible. She should have withdrew a long time ago.

But it was known Czisny was injured, it wasn't known Flatt was injured.

If USFS knowingly sent an injured skater- that is their fault. If Czisny did not disclose the full extent of her injury, then I'll put the blame on her.

kwanatic
03-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Who says she's still injured? I haven't read that anywhere but on the boards and it all seems like speculation. The report from her team prior to nationals was that her injury was completely healed. If she was injured, why the hell did she compete at Challenge Cup? Has she re-injured herself recently or something?

demetriosj
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
So it wasn't like she was competing badly all season and came out to do well at National's and 4CC. Only those who hadn't paid any attention to her before then would have been surprised that she just got better and better, and USFSA definitely shouldn't have been one of them.

Why?! Why would they not reward her (Zhang)?!! Why ignore her improvements?

Why do they always seem to pick one skater to promote and run with it, ignoring all others' accomplishments?

Why not promote all of the talented up and comers instead of a choice few?

Why do the USFS judges shoot themselves in the foot time after time by playing favorites (politics?)?

It just doesn't work.

kwanatic
03-30-2012, 03:38 PM

Why do they always seem to pick one skater to promote and run with it, ignoring all others' accomplishments?

Why do the USFS judges shoot themselves in the foot time after time by playing favorites (politics?)?

It just doesn't work.

It's true. Call it fate or just bad ju-ju but they can never manage to put together a team capable of two decent skates. In every situation one person holds up decently and the other falls apart. It's pretty terrible and very frustrating...

Jammers
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
2010 was still the worst for me. Mira 1st and Rachael i believe 6th there was no way they should not have gotten that 3rd spot back. Mirai had the look of a World champion and Rachael was steady so what happens? They both tank but especially Mirai. Can we not find two US Ladies talented enough but also strong enough as competitors to break this jinx?

demetriosj
03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=kwanatic;3527561]It's true. Call it fate or just bad ju-ju but they can never manage to put together a team capable of two decent skates. QUOTE]

maybe call it politics and bad judgement?

RD
03-30-2012, 06:11 PM
2010 was still the worst for me. Mira 1st and Rachael i believe 6th there was no way they should not have gotten that 3rd spot back. Mirai had the look of a World champion and Rachael was steady so what happens? They both tank but especially Mirai. Can we not find two US Ladies talented enough but also strong enough as competitors to break this jinx?

I know...but I think even if they were successful, we would have lost it again in 2011...

It just doesn't work.

Didn't they do this with the men one year? One of the veterans had a rough performance and the promising up-and-comers were rewarded and got the tickets to Worlds while the veteran was left at home? And what happened to them? They couldn't duplicate the success they had at Nationals. So the opposite is also quite risky as well. I'd argue even MORE so, actually.

We will never know "what if" but it's really NOT a given that Zawadzki or Zhang would be doing much better than Czisny...and remember that they can skate respectably and still get average scores, scores that Czisny could obtain even after falling twice.

demetriosj
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
We will never know "what if" but it's really NOT a given that Zawadzki or Zhang would be doing much better than Czisny....

My point exactly, we will never know because they, (especially Zhang), earned it but weren't given the chance.

Please don't say they can wait in the wings til next year.

A lot of these skaters have been waiting long enough.

& unfortunately a lot can happen in a year injury-wise, not to mention the exhorbitant cost of another year of training.

Now they may never get the chance.

They should have been given the chance when they earned it!

leafygreens
03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Why does everyone think Alissa is injured? From what I've read, she did excellent in practice and warmup, but bombed when it counted. It seems mental, to me...

fenway2
03-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Goodbye Alissa, I am through with you. There are no excuses for that performance, and you've been around FAR TOO LONG to know better. She's injured, plain and simple, and she was in no way shape or form prepared and ready for this competition. She should have withdrawn, but now she's ruined the rest of her career and it's too late to salvage it.

I'm done with her. She's let me down way too many times, and this time she let herself down by rushing back into competition when she wasn't healthy, and tanking the absolute worst she ever has. Two weeks after she had already done the same thing, and she showed up to World in the same condition when she got the warning wake up call that she wasn't ready and the injury wasn't getting better two weeks before. No excuses. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mad: Why do you keep insisting she's injured when she's said nothing of the sort? Frankly, your comments about her covering an injury are borderline slanderous.

People who were there said she looked good in warmup and fine in practice. It's not like she's never had these outings before. I remember one instance when she fell 5 times in one competition. :shuffle:

UGG
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM

It just doesn't work.

FYI Zhang was not first alternate. Agnes would have went over her so its really a moot point to say she was bypassed for Alissa. She was 2nd alternate, not first. If Alissa WD, she (Caroline) still would not be on the world team.

RD
03-30-2012, 08:58 PM
My point exactly, we will never know because they, (especially Zhang), earned it but weren't given the chance.

My question is, HOW exactly did they earn it? I'm missing something...

Wagner earned her spot as champion

Czisny earned hers through the 2nd spot- it helps that she was able to squeeze out 2 medals on the GP despite not skating her best and qualifying for the GPF. Zawadzki was unimpressive on the GP and Zhang still had a shaky FS at SA despite a good SP. Czisny's Nationals performance showed that while she wasn't impressive, she clearly improved from the disaster that was GPF. Zawadzki and Zhang just aren't in her league unless they are at their BEST.

Now, if USFS had any doubt about Czisny's abilities, you could say that they could have had a 3-skater skate-off among Czisny, Zawadzki and Zhang at 4 Continents for the 2nd spot. (But then, you would have to leave Wagner behind and that in itself would have been quite risky too.) Or, send Wagner to 4CCs for the experience, and have a 2-skater skateoff between Czisny & Zawadzki, or Czisny & Zhang for spot 2. It appears they trusted Czisny enough to send her straight to worlds without a tune-up.

brightphoton
03-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Don't be dense, RD. You know perfectly well that Alissa was held up on scores, ensuring she would get 2nd place despite two mediocre skates. Ergo, Alissa did not earn her silver medal, she was gifted it.

Additionally, Zhang had two terrific programs and her scores did not reflect it.

krenseby
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Text deleted