PDA

View Full Version : "Girl Gone Wild" - Madonna's New Single

Pages : [1] 2

Ziggy
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
"Girl Gone Wild," the second single from Madonna's upcoming "MDNA" album (out 26th March) is out now and it's so amazing, it deserves its own thread. :D

After the relative flop of "Give Me All Your Luvin,'" this is exactly what she needed.

An immediate, super catchy, dancefloor-filling stomper that has a "gay club where everybody is so drugged up, they are hyper-ventillating" vibe.

Which exactly what all Madonna's songs should be like.

Watch the official lyric video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBMiYJ7kzbI&

I just can't stop listening to this. :cheer:

There's a video preview and it looks like it's going to be "Erotica for the 21st century." Lots of flesh on display, men kissing, etc. She probably hopes it's going to get banned in at least 54 countries, ramping up the YT views like mad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebtC5LdoYA&

Also, Andy Gill - pretty much the only music journalist whose judgement I trust and respect - got invited to an early listen of the album and gave it a glowing review:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/first-listen-madonna-mdna-interscope-7544751.html

Lainerb
03-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I thought it debuted last week? If so it is already a flop as it didn't chart this last week.

genevieve
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
good grief, the titles of these songs :wall: they sound like they were cooked up by a focus group "what would get a 50-something pop star back on the charts with today's youth?"

Madonna should not need that kind of overthinking on her songs.

olympic
03-10-2012, 02:46 AM
I listened to it.

Meh. Good production, but her music lately lacks a lot of that tension and energy from many years ago, including this number. I want something to make me get out of my chair. This doesn't really do it.

BTW, Cyndi Lauper called. She wants her line back ;)

Louis
03-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Ziggy, I'm with you :respec:. I've listened to this song at least 100 times in the past week. One can argue it's reductive or whatever, but no one can make me dance around the living room like Madonna.

I'm intrigued by the preview of Gang Bang that's on YouTube.

Hell, I even liked Give Me All You're Luvin.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MDNA! :respec: :kickass:

BigB08822
03-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Her voice is as thin as it has ever sounded. It sounds like someone put a gun to her head and forced her to sing this. Could she be any less excited? This song is still 100x better than GMAYL.

Ziggy
03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
good grief, the titles of these songs :wall: they sound like they were cooked up by a focus group "what would get a 50-something pop star back on the charts with today's youth?"

I find it very amusing how 53-year old Madonna refers to herself as "girl" in both of the two latest singles. :D

Somebody's not dealing with aging very well. :P

I thought it debuted last week? If so it is already a flop as it didn't chart this last week.

Oh give it time and wait for the official video to come out.

But it's true that it didn't make the Billboard 100 this weekend. :/

antmanb
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
It sounds....reductive! :P

Not sure about it really. I quite like the tune, but the lyrics are typical crap madonna rhymming about dancing on the floor. She often rhymes the same words together in her songs. As far as dance tracks (and "in da club" songs of which she's had many) go I loved celebration and this doesn't even come close to that song for me.

Ziggy
03-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Video's up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkwziTrv5o

It's great but I am really :huh: about it.

The gay fans will love it but it's very likely to alienate pretty much everybody else. Not a clever decision by any means, IMO.

gingercrush
03-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Oh FFS Madonna move on from your awful crazy sex stuff. It should have ended with Vogue. She should be doing the opposite of whatever crap Gaga is doing.

Why her album couldn't combine the best things out of "Like a Prayer" and "Ray of Light" is beyond me.

This album of hers is weak and pathetic. It doesn't out gaga Lady Gaga, it isn't even as trashy as a Kesha album and Britney Spears has her beaten when it comes to true dance music. What the hell is she trying to prove here.

skateboy
03-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Not much of a song, is it?

genevieve
03-23-2012, 05:48 AM
oi...that video. A hot mess mish mash of looks from her creative apex (c. 1990), dancing that looks like Beyonce doing a Lady Gaga routine without the OTT costumes and sets, intersticed with images of Diana Aragon from GLEE playing with a commercial hairdryer (yes I know it's actually Madge). Add in a name check of a famous 1983 Cyndi Lauper song, a hook stolen from Gaga's "Judas" (which is a bad song anyway) and a bevy of nekkid bohunk gays who are kind enough not to point out the Liz Taylor-level hazy filters being used in this video....well, it's just not very good.

Aussie Willy
03-23-2012, 05:59 AM

I agree - you sum it up quite well I think.

It is just so .... fluffy. Better than the first single but really it is just fluffy.

UGG
03-23-2012, 04:34 PM
umm she is a 53 year old pop star what are people expecting from her? LOL. Sometimes because of her age, it does seem a bit desperate but...if you think about it...she is doing what she has always done. madonna's formula really has not changed since 1984. People are just freaked out about it because she could be a grandma.

Aussie Willy
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
umm she is a 53 year old pop star what are people expecting from her? LOL. Sometimes because of her age, it does seem a bit desperate but...if you think about it...she is doing what she has always done. madonna's formula really has not changed since 1984. People are just freaked out about it because she could be a grandma.
Our expectations have precedents because in the past she has done some really brillant stuff. This is a regression.