View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OrioleBeagle
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
New video I found on YouTube http://youtu.be/_fFe04cB3gI

Vash01
03-09-2012, 09:24 AM
New video I found on YouTube http://youtu.be/_fFe04cB3gI

Thanks for the clip. I don't see much height difference between them. How tall is he?

pinky166
03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the clip. I don't see much height difference between them. How tall is he?

6'1" apparently but looks more like 5'10" to me..

Yukari Lepisto
03-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Cool video. Why were they skating there?

I agree with Vash01, i don't think the height difference's enough.. But that double-handed lift position's already so much better than Caydee's.. lol

shan
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
This is already being discussed here:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3505738&postcount=750

and

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3505806&postcount=118

robinhood
03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I miss Caitlin!
For me the height difference is ok, but there's not many conclusions we can get from that video. They were skating in a very small rink and couldn't even try to do crossovers together at full speed...they have nice lines together, though

chachacha
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Well he is for sure no 6'1 and he is to small for her. He looked so much better with Ashley. He should look for someone who will fit his size or he will be going down a dead end road. But regardless good luck to them both if they think it will work!

olympic
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
6'1" apparently but looks more like 5'10" to me..

She looks like she comes up to just above his breastbone, and that would be about 8 - 9" taller than her. She's 5-2 or 5-3 so that's about right. Maybe 5-11.

The height difference would work out.

I paid attention to the lifts as best I could w/ the grainy video, but he looked like he could press her above his head fairly easily. He locks his elbows without any struggle.

I know they didn't do much otherwise, but their line together is very nice, especially in the SBS spins.

The fact that they were performing in a rink like this means to me that this is beyond a tryout, no? Closer to a done deal? I mean, why else would they do this??

Skittl1321
03-09-2012, 01:51 PM
The fact that they were performing in a rink like this means to me that this is beyond a tryout, no? Closer to a done deal? I mean, why else would they do this??

Didn't look to me like they were performing...they were practicing, ignoring the audience. Skaters use the Galleria for practice ice all the time. Outside of skating, they are unknowns-if they see the video, I bet they are surprised someone took it. Heck, even within skating he is an unknown. For all anyone lining up, who isn't a complete figure skating fanatic, knew they were some random local skaters. (Then again, Jeremy Abbott's Mom blogged about watching him skate on a Basic Skills session- and some parents were OMG!, and others were "Who let that adult out on the ice?"- completely oblivious.)

I hope they are still in try-out mode, because they didn't look like a fantastic fit... They could get there though. Who knows.

Lacey
03-09-2012, 04:10 PM
We're not there. Only time will tell if it works.

julieann
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Heck, even within skating he is an unknown.

:confused:

Maybe to people who don't pay attention. I must admit I don't care about jrs all that much because they are too prone to growing and breaking up. But I do know him from winning jr nationals last year and getting 6th at the Cup of Russia this season and 6th at nationals so he is hardly unknown.

I think people are really over critiquing one video.

Cheylana
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Well he is for sure no 6'1 and he is to small for her. He looked so much better with Ashley. He should look for someone who will fit his size or he will be going down a dead end road. But regardless good luck to them both if they think it will work!
Caitlin is several inches shorter than Ashley so this comment makes no sense to me.

agalisgv
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Caitlin is several inches shorter than Ashley so this comment makes no sense to me.
chachacha is related to Caydee Denney, so she's going from thread to thread bashing Caitlin because now Caitlin has a partner. Insecurity and nastiness are a terrible combo, and chachacha is the living incarnation of that.

Sylvia
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
chachacha is related to Caydee Denney,...
Actually, I don't believe chachacha is related to Denney but suspect there is a Colorado Springs connection.

olympic
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Didn't look to me like they were performing...they were practicing, ignoring the audience. Skaters use the Galleria for practice ice all the time. Outside of skating, they are unknowns-if they see the video, I bet they are surprised someone took it. Heck, even within skating he is an unknown. For all anyone lining up, who isn't a complete figure skating fanatic, knew they were some random local skaters. (Then again, Jeremy Abbott's Mom blogged about watching him skate on a Basic Skills session- and some parents were OMG!, and others were "Who let that adult out on the ice?"- completely oblivious.)

Yes, but it seemed more than just a tryout. You use the term 'practice' in your post above, so that would also go to my point that this is beyond a tryout. No?

Are tryouts ever done in public mall rinks? Not a snark. I'm asking because I don't know...

I hope they are still in try-out mode, because they didn't look like a fantastic fit... They could get there though. Who knows.

I do think he's got a bit more going for him than John Coughlin as far as skating skills are concerned, and look how well Y/C did at '11 Worlds! My concern was, watching the video, how well he could lift Caitlin and it doesn't appear to be a struggle (it was just a simple press lift but it was OK).

chachacha is related to Caydee Denney, so she's going from thread to thread bashing Caitlin because now Caitlin has a partner. Insecurity and nastiness are a terrible combo, and chachacha is the living incarnation of that.

I don't get it. A growing multitude of decent US pairs is something we should all root for. It will only help the US pairs program and perhaps encourage more competition / better performances. That is why I pull for all of them [D/C, too]