PDA

View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

2sk8
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd totally agree with this in a training facility, but not in a rink in the center of a mall when a large public event is about to start - I actually think it was kind of an odd choice for them to skate there in those circumstances unless they actually wanted to be noticed & posted about. Either way, I wish them the best if they decide to go forward with the partnership.

numbers123
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I disagree. I think if you are going to video tape someone, you need to ask permission first. It's common courtesy.

I agree - part of the trouble with social media and cell phone technology is that anyone can post anything about anyone at anytime. And on social media like Facebook, you can try to screen/prevent for such things, but unless someone tags you, you are out there despite your wishes.

I had assumed that this video had some sort of permission to post, but appears to not have had.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry, I can't agree. If you want to keep something private, don't do it in public.

Sylvia
03-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Speaking for myself, I think it's generally a good idea to ask skaters' permission before posting any practice videos online.

Copied over from the U.S. Pairs thread:

I liked what I saw with Caitlyn & Josh from the video.

Granted they were skating on a postage size rink around a stage and doing basic stuff but if they do decide to go forward with this partnership I'm interested in seeing what they can accomplish.
Me too!

I'm still confused as to why they even bothered skating on that rink? Don't they have a real practice rink someplace that they ordinarily use? At least NHL size?
I think we fans may be reading more into this little practice session than we need to be. ;)

ryanbfan
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Like I said, if they want it removed, I will remove it no questions asked. As of right now it stays.