PDA

View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kwanfan1818
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
It looked to me that they were doing the step-by-step tedious things. If they had done only big tricks -- dangerous with a stage on the ice -- they might be able to see where they had similarities and differences in technique and timing, but they wouldn't necessarily know how compatible they were in approaching the smaller things. A bit like an early date where you stand on line together in the rain for a couple of hours, instead of showing up all shiny and new.

ryanbfan
03-09-2012, 09:12 PM
The link at the beginning of the thread should no longer work; I removed the video and uploaded the same video with a tag crediting me (please do not remove, thank you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_un1_OGBqE this is the new link, video may still be processing.

LadyNit
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
How fascinating to watch. Thanks ryanbfan. :)

Anyone know who the 'coach' is that we see them returning to at various points during the session? Is that David Kirby?

kittyjake5
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the link. They look really good together.

TanithandBenFan
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I can't help wondering how both might feel about this video being posted.

They couldn't have been too concerned about privacy if they were trying out in the middle of a busy mall. I'm surprised they chose that location.

DarrellH
03-09-2012, 10:20 PM
If it works out for them, I'm happy for them.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
I think I could like them together (provided they actually team up). His lines aren't perfect, but it's a huge improvement on Coughlin.

olympic
03-09-2012, 10:36 PM
^

where is Caitlin originally from
is she Polish ? ( Yankowski - Yankowska )

I believe Yankowskas is a Lithuanian name ...

ETA - I think I could like them as a pair. For the naysayers, keep in mind that they were stroking around a small mall rink with a stage in the middle and brand new to eachother. I say give them time (again, if meant to be). I find Josh is a slightly superior skater to John C., and Y/C ended up 6th in a highly competitive worlds competition

RD
03-09-2012, 10:37 PM
This tryout was inevitable, of course. The question is whether it will become a legitimate partnership.

As for whether they work together- obviously it's not going to be a finished product in just a few days. It's all about whether there's any potential, and whether the accommodations can be made long-term to make the partnership work. We'll have to see what happens. (If they DO pair up, I can only imagine the fan duel at next year's Nationals...)

DarrellH
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
This just makes my idea of velcro banners even more sensible!

zoe111
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
It's way too early to tell, and we don't know if they will officially be a pair, but i actually thought they looked ok together. Ashley is built more like a dancer and Caitlyn is very balletic, but has a more athletic build - which seems to suit Josh's build better. They look more like a pair team. With Ashley, i thought it looked like a pairs/dance hybrid and their music choices always seemed to suit her and not so much him - at least this year.

ryanbfan
03-10-2012, 06:29 AM
This is kind of amusing... I found this on a Hunger Games website.

The situation got so out of hand in fact at Galleria Dallas on Thursday that a very noteworthy figure skating tryout was reduced to no audio on YouTube. Yes, a Hunger Games fan happened to spot Caitlin Yankowskas and Joshua Reagan testing our their pairs skills.

Except that's not why I muted the audio... lol.

http://hungergamesfandom.net/2012/03/09/hunger-games-mall-tours-dominate-all-else/#comment-395

Ziggy
03-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I can't help wondering how both might feel about this video being posted.

Well if you train in a public place, it's fair game really.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
^ This. Privacy is not a reasonable expectation in an open mall rink.

MacMadame
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
I disagree. I think if you are going to video tape someone, you need to ask permission first. It's common courtesy.