PDA

View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Skittl1321
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Are tryouts ever done in public mall rinks? Not a snark. I'm asking because I don't know...

I don't know about in Dallas, since there are a lot of rinks- but they may also be trying to avoid his former partner, so perhaps it was where they could get ice.

I skate at a mall rink, and in past years, nationals bound skaters and pairs have practiced there. If that's where their coach is, I'd assume that a try-out would take place there too if that's where they could get the ice. (We have a more serious training rink not to far from us, but they lose their ice all the time to hockey and arena football. The mall rink is more reliable to have ice time, oddly.)

I say "practice" because try-outs aren't one time things. Don't skaters usually skate together for a week or more, often at both skater's home rinks, before deciding on a permanent partnership? It isn't like trying out for a play, where you do it once, maybe get a call back and wait for the list to go up. And if a skater has multiple try-outs it could be a month before you hear back. I don't know which of the two has more "leverage" to decide. Caitlyn obviously needs a partner, and has been sitting out longer, but there are at least 3 men looking right now too, so she might have the advantage.

Spiralgraph
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
chachacha is related to Caydee Denney, so she's going from thread to thread bashing Caitlin because now Caitlin has a partner. Insecurity and nastiness are a terrible combo, and chachacha is the living incarnation of that.

Thanks for that information. I agree with you.

Sylvia
03-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I say "practice" because try-outs aren't one time things. Don't skaters usually skate together for a week or more, often at both skater's home rinks, before deciding on a permanent partnership?
Yes.

I don't get it. A growing multitude of decent US pairs is something we should all root for. It will only help the US pairs program and perhaps encourage more competition / better performances. That is why I pull for all of them [D/C, too]
I agree. Thank you for posting this.

Cheylana
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
chachacha is related to Caydee Denney, so she's going from thread to thread bashing Caitlin because now Caitlin has a partner. Insecurity and nastiness are a terrible combo, and chachacha is the living incarnation of that.
Thank you for the context.

I don't get it. A growing multitude of decent US pairs is something we should all root for. It will only help the US pairs program and perhaps encourage more competition / better performances. That is why I pull for all of them [D/C, too]
Same here! (well...with an extra dose of lurve for MBMB ;))

Vash01
03-09-2012, 06:41 PM

I am a fan of skating, independent of countries, so I am not really rooting for US pairs; just rooting for pairs which used to be my most favorite discipline in FS. I think D&C are pedestrian skaters, and they are getting high marks only because COP totally ignores the finer points of pairs skating. Hopefully a better pair will come along, for the sake of pairs skating, not just in the USA.

I don't see how the current US pairs are better than the past. In the past the US had Babilonia-Gardner, Watson-Oppegard, Meno-Sand, Ina -Zimmerman, and even Ina-Dungjen were close to winning a world medal just before they split. Right now I don't see any US pair that is a contender for a world medal. I like Yankowskas, but without a decent partner she may not win a medal. I am not sold on Reagan as her partner, and it may just have been a tryout, so we don't really know. It's too early to get excited. He looked awfully short to me. MBMB could develop but then they may not. The COP certainly makes it easier for the N.American pairs to score higher than they did in the past. They don't have to worry about their postures, lines and unison. I still don't see any US pair coming close to the top 5 in the world (S&S, V&T, K&S, P&T, and may be one of the Canadian pairs, and not counting out Sui-Han).

ryanbfan
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I took the video and I posted this yesterday... Thanks for linking me Sylvia.

I'm gonna quote myself from another thread so people know what was going on...

They were just seeing how things looked. I filmed everything they did. They did 2 lifts, a few SBS spins, a spiral with josh doing a spread eagle about 3 times, and after they finished Josh came out and did a few triples. Honestly they were mostly just stroking around together.

The reason why there was a big audience is people started lining up at 7 AM for the Hunger Games Q&A that was at 6PM. By the time they came out to skate it was 4PM and the majority of people there for the Q&A were lined up and waiting. No one knew who they are and definitely no one was paying attention.

Yes David Kirby was there. Honestly he didn't seem to care too much for them as a pair. But we will see.

pani
03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I think Ashley was better, than Joshua in Cain-Reagan team. So i am not sure this is good choice for Caithlin

love_skate2011
03-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Caitlin looks off for Raegan
but its too early to tell, maybe with some decent performance
they have some potential but for now...

Zemgirl
03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I think Ashley was better, than Joshua in Cain-Reagan team. So i am not sure this is good choice for Caithlin
It's certainly a better choice than having no partner - and since she has been clear about wanting to skate for the US, it's not like she has unlimited options.

Vash01
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
It's certainly a better choice than having no partner - and since she has been clear about wanting to skate for the US, it's not like she has unlimited options.

Good point. I hope she can find a partner who is as good as she is.

love_skate2011
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
^

where is Caitlin originally from
is she Polish ? ( Yankowski - Yankowska )

Sylvia
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
where is Caitlin originally from
New Hampshire, USA.

viennese
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
These two skaters look good together.

No disrespect to Reagan's previous partner, who was a unique and elegant pairs skater. I enjoyed their performance very much. With her lithe, tall frame, I thought they looked like a hybrid of pairs and dance.

bek
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I can't help wondering how both might feel about this video being posted.

ryanbfan
03-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't help wondering how both might feel about this video being posted.

And if they want it taken down, I'll take it down, no questions asked.