PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 13 (Wednesday March 7th & Thursday March 8th)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

PeterG
03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm posting this late, so don't have time to cut and paste (steal) info from mjsbigblog.com. I was actually only looking there for song spoilers, none posted as of yet... :huh:

Apparently tonight the men cover Stevie Wonder and the women cover Whitney Houston? :confused: Not fair to me. Making the females cover an artist most people should never touch?

ETA: The poll will let everyone know who you voted for. So if you vote before the final singer tells us how long they will love us (always, perhaps?)...WE WILL KNOW!

Fridge_Break
03-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I totally was scrounging around looking for this thread last night around 8pm :shuffle: I'm not used to Idol being on Wednesday nights still...

PeterG
03-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I totally was scrounging around looking for this thread last night around 8pm :shuffle: I'm not used to Idol being on Wednesday nights still...

I apologize for my tardiness. :lol: (By the way, hasn't Idol been on Wednesdays and Thursdays for years?)

Fridge_Break
03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I apologize for my tardiness. :lol: (By the way, hasn't Idol been on Wednesdays and Thursdays for years?)

:lol: I had just wondered how it got so close to the air time and you hadn't started a thread yet! :P I *almost* started one and then FOX's 8pm Tuesday show started and I realized I was tuning in on the wrong day. :duh:

They used to be Tuesday/Wednesday back in the day and as recent as, I thought, 2 seasons ago? I know when Survivor moved to Wednesday nights they bumped the Idol timeslots up a day to try to compete with that a bit.

jenny12
03-07-2012, 10:29 PM

:o Me too.

I didn't watch Idol much last year, but I'm kinda interested in this season since the talent level seems greater than last season. I still can't stand the judges (especially Randy), but thank goodness for the mute button.

soxxy
03-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Apparently tonight the men cover Stevie Wonder and the women cover Whitney Houston? Not fair to me. Making the females cover an artist most people should never touch?

Randy has said many times Stevie is hard to cover.....Can't recall who's done him especially well.

rjblue
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I've heard Whitney covered well many times. I can't think of any good Stevie covers.

Fridge_Break
03-08-2012, 01:13 AM
For this week only:

It's guys vs girls. The guy with the lowest amount of votes and the girl with the lowest amount of votes will be revealed tomorrow night and the judges will pick who goes home.

soxxy
03-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Joshua gave a very good performance, minus the last note. I liked Mary's advice to him.

my little pony
all stevie wonder songs sound exactly alike to me

kylet3
Another solid performance for Joshua Ledet, he's got that gospel voice. I found it a bit too growly for me but he's a good performer and will easily advance.

Fridge_Break
03-08-2012, 01:17 AM
all stevie wonder songs sound exactly alike to me

That sounded just like Superstition. Which I assume we will be hearing at some point tonight for the 129,349th time on this show.

soxxy
03-08-2012, 01:19 AM
For this week only:

It's guys vs girls. The guy with the lowest amount of votes and the girl with the lowest amount of votes will be revealed tomorrow night and the judges will pick who goes home.

I'm sure they'll perform at that time to build the "suspense."

my little pony
03-08-2012, 01:23 AM
5 pts to whoever stopped the greatest love of all from happening, i really hate that hokey song

kylet3
03-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Yikes, Elise sounding like a trainwreck in rehearsal...

ETA - Definitely not her comfort zone but she fought through it and it was okay.