PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Basketball: Conference Championships to First Four to Final Four

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

VALuvsMKwan
03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Since my alma mater VCU Rams made it back into the show tonight by winning the CAA tournament, I thought I would start the NCAA basketball post-season thread.

GO SHAKA SMART AND THE RAMS!!! :respec: :cheer2: :cool:

Cachoo
03-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Well congrats from a Jayhawk fan. We lost today but the guys looked gassed. They have already won the regular season crown and MUST stay healthy so they head home to continue to try and work out the kinks before the tournament. I am not a big fan of the Big 12 tournament so I was relieved that they made it out healthy. Two players went down in the game that followed. Yikes!

barbk
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Was at a dinner party last night, and the guys were absolutely jubilant that CU won the Pac12 Championship and an automatic birth, and that after being ranked 10th or 12th before the start of the season in a league that was brand new to them. Last year's team really expected to get a NCAA bid, and was devastated when they didn't, so I guess this one was really sweet.

Theatregirl1122
03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Very excited about the brackets! Looks like UK actually got the hardest draw of the one seeds and UNC got the easiest. My orange are in the middle but I'm quite nervous for them.

Do we want to set up an FSU bracket challenge this year?

Cachoo
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Was at a dinner party last night, and the guys were absolutely jubilant that CU won the Pac12 Championship and an automatic birth, and that after being ranked 10th or 12th before the start of the season in a league that was brand new to them. Last year's team really expected to get a NCAA bid, and was devastated when they didn't, so I guess this one was really sweet.

A lot of KU fans watched that game to cheer for Boyle and the Buffs. I know a lot of us would like to schedule a home and home with the Buffs. I think Boyle is building a great team. I hope they make some noise in the tournament.

Cachoo
03-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Very excited about the brackets! Looks like UK actually got the hardest draw of the one seeds and UNC got the easiest. My orange are in the middle but I'm quite nervous for them.

Do we want to set up an FSU bracket challenge this year?

Sorry for the double post but I thought UK received a rough draw too. I thought they were supposed to give the overall no 1 seed the easiest path. I was glad when we were not the 2 seed to Syracuse. They play that killer zone defense. Of course we have to make it past the first game. That is not a given with KU.

Fridge_Break
03-12-2012, 03:29 AM
GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:

UMBS Go Blue
03-12-2012, 06:23 AM
vBets galore! :bribe:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/vbookie.php?

Watch closely as soon as each round is over for new vBets for the following round.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:Who? Dartmouth's not in the tournament this year. :fragile: :wuzrobbed

Cachoo
03-12-2012, 07:35 PM
This is a fun link to see which teams you would pick: The teams are given fake names but you do get the rpi and other info on their strenghts and weaknesses, their general seed and if they are in a power conference or not.
After you make your picks your bracket is opened with the actual university names and you can see who you picked to win each game, final four and national champ.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/the-blindfold-approach-to-bracket-ncaa-tournament_n_1338897.html

myhoneyhoney
03-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Went though the entire thing and ended up with Kansas vs. Michigan State with Kansas as the Champion. I put more importance on defense when choosing the teams.

Fridge_Break
03-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Went though the entire thing and ended up with Kansas vs. Michigan State with Kansas as the Champion. I put more importance on defense when choosing the teams.

You picked the wrong team ;)

Cachoo
03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Fridge Break are you a Spartan? I feel like this might be their year to get to another FF. I was so glad KU didn't end up in their region but then KU often has problems with Mid-majors before they get to the power conf. schools. Our opening game is Detroit and I just saw a bracket where Detroit was selected. And so it starts...

I ended up w/KU as the winner too and that shocked me because I was sure that the team that was KU was UNC. I wonder if they would have done that test in years past who would have ended up with last year's FF. VCU, Butler, UConn and Kentucky...That is what I love about this tournament: You just never know who will be left standing at the end.

PDilemma
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
A former student of mine is in the tournament. He is the leading scorer for CO State!!

Pretty excited for him, even though they'll probably get beat in the first round.

Fridge_Break
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Fridge Break are you a Spartan?

Loud and proud, I bleed green!! :D I graduated in 2009, the year they played in the Championship game. I may live in Florida now, but I'll always be a Spartan!

Cachoo
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Well being a KU fan we don't hate the Tiger team or coaches but we detest the Mizzou fans and it goes wwwaaayyy back. So I can tell you if the seeding holds up and you play the Tigers you will have every KU fan yelling for you plus a lot of other Big 12 (or whatever the hell we are called) members pulling for you because Missouri is going to the SEC. Personally I am glad they are leaving because I think our rivalry has become toxic to the point of being unhealthy. As far as MSU goes I like Izzo. He's scrappy and tough and his teams reflect that. And I like the story of he and his wife and her family and so on...Anyway good luck.