PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Movies - Volume 18 (action...comedies...documentaries...it's all good)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

galaxygirl
05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
I have not see the movie, but I would like a guy like Antonio Banderas!
:rollin: I loved his voice Shrek, so will have to see Puss n Boots

:cheer2: I hope you enjoy it!

mrr50
05-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Saw "The Pirates". It was fun.

Buzz
05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
The Avengers is projected to make over $200m this weekend for an overall tal do fr of about $640m! :cheer2:

Buzz
05-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Final numbers are in and they are much better than projected. The Avengers actually made $207,438,708 during it's first NA weekend opening. I am soooooo happy! :cheer2: Plus Think Like A Man s still holding it's own in 2nd spot with The Hunger Games in 3rd place.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

~tapdancer~
05-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Saw "The Avengers" today...totally loved it! Great time and I can't wait to see it again. All the characters were awesome and we (the audience) were laughing out loud many times at the witty lines throughout (mostly from Robert Downey, Jr!). The action was spectacular and so was the acting, imo.

And I'll admit it, I've seen "The Hunger Games" three times already. It was amazing as well and a great adaptation of the book.

Grannyfan
05-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Just finished watching The Search (1948, starring Montgomery Clift) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoVbVk1pnGY)

I caught this on TCM a good while back. Had never heard of it, but I really enjoyed it.

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
A terrific film.
Montgomery Clift was really marvelous in it.

Kasey
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Went to the "Avengers" last night with a friend. Hadn't seen any of the superhero movies of any of the characters in this one. If was a good enough movie for a cheesy superhero/comic genre; if you could broadly suspend disbelief for 2 1/2 hours and overlook major plot holes and intermittent character development issues, you could have fun (although it was very LOUD....now I know another reason why I dislike those kinds of movies). I love RDJ though, which is the reason I agreed to go, and he lived up to expectations. I even kind of enjoyed Scarlett Johanssen's character in it, and I generally find her to be a heinously annoying individual.

Buzz
05-08-2012, 08:31 PM
You didn't enjoy Loki? :(

PeterG
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm somewhat caught up on my DVR viewing, so I untrapped 10 (movie) holds from the library. I'm going to try to avoid some of the programs I usually watch over the summer (America's Got Talent, Big Brother, etc.) so that I can see a lot more movies. The library system where I now live is so big, and they get pretty much all major (and minor!) moves that come out on DVD. They've got 70 copies of The Help, which is currently on it's way to me at my branch. :D

agalisgv
05-09-2012, 04:20 AM
You didn't enjoy Loki? :( Whenever I see Tom Hiddleston dressed up like Loki, it reminds me of Johnny Weir for some reason.

Cachoo
05-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Oh! He does resemble Johnny. I'd like to see Johnny in that head gear. I liked the movie and I was surprised by something Banner said near the end of the film. I didn't know if that was part of Hulk lore or something new. I don't want to say anything more but I want to find out what the Marvel purists believe.

immoimeme
05-09-2012, 04:50 AM
finally saw dark knight-all i could think was poor heath ledger to win an oscar for this and not for brokeback mt! got the iron lady as my free redbox pic-enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would-streep oscar well deserved.

PeterG
05-09-2012, 06:17 AM
finally saw dark knight-all i could think was poor heath ledger to win an oscar for this and not for brokeback mt!

I thought that way as well, but before I saw The Dark Knight. :lol: I'm not a big fan of movies like that, so I felt that Ledger's performance really brought that movie up a level. As for Brokeback Mountain...I adored it. But I thought Ledger's performance there was a bit lesser than the one in the Dark Knight as it was a bit too understated and had a bit of a one-note feel to it. That's being uber-critical, because it was a very good performance and I'm glad he was nominated for Best Actor for that role.

agalisgv
05-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I was surprised by something Banner said near the end of the film. I didn't know if that was part of Hulk lore or something new. I don't want to say anything more but I want to find out what the Marvel purists believe. Just post it with spoiler tags like this :)