PDA

View Full Version : ANTM Cycle 18 - Yanks vs. Brits

Pages : [1] 2

Cyn
03-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Did anyone else know this was on? I didn't even realize until an hour ago that a new cycle was starting up tonight :o.

Tyrant is pitting 7 American chicks (none w/ any prior NTM experience) up against 7 British gals (all of whom are previous contestants on Britain's Next Top Model).

I don't have a TV in the office so I can't do PBP, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like this is going to be one of the bitchier, :drama: :argue: seasons in a long while.

As far as the hamsters go, some of the British chicks have potential, but most of the American ones are absolutely trainwrecks - WOOF :scream:. Whoever does the makeovers is really going to have their work cut out for them.

After the last disaster of the "All-Stars" Cycle, I decided I was pretty much done, but given the choice between this or American Idol, I'll take the cheesy snarkfest that won't make my ears bleed (for now, at least :lol: ).

danceronice
03-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Agh, I didn't even know it was on!

emason
03-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Did not know this was on; totally missed it.

Cyn
03-01-2012, 04:26 AM
During a commercial break, I started channel surfing and got caught up in watching something else and missed the rest of it :o.

The CW website usually uploads episodes after a few days (plus Comcrap should have it On Demand by this weekend) -- If I watch it, I'll post a summary and some snarkage about it.

Nomad
03-01-2012, 05:09 AM
What a weird concept. I remember most of the Brtish girls. Catherine, Big Angry Louise, Alisha, and Sophie were all runners-up on their cycles. Jasmia came in third; Anneliese made it about halfway through her cycle and Ashley must have been booted early, because I don't remember her at all.

CarolineL
03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Ashley was in Sophie's cycle, she came third or fourth. She was quite a personality, very abrasive (ok, bitchy) and her Scottish accent got unintelligible when she was angry or drunk (both of these occurred a lot). She is my favourite going in.

Tesla
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
It was atrocious. I'm wondering why the UK women are doing this. Are they getting paid? I'll still watch it.

skipaway
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Next week's photo shoot was called "creepy" by TVGuide magazine. Tyra's dressing them up as Toddlers

walei
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I actually enjoyed it way more than the past two seasons...

Nomad
03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Ashley was in Sophie's cycle, she came third or fourth. She was quite a personality, very abrasive (ok, bitchy) and her Scottish accent got unintelligible when she was angry or drunk (both of these occurred a lot). She is my favourite going in.

Oh, her. Yes, now I remember. Better her than Stephanie, the incredibly self-absorbed princess who would not shut up. I think she was in Big Angry Louise's cycle.

Tesla
03-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Next week's photo shoot was called "creepy" by TVGuide magazine. Tyra's dressing them up as Toddlers

Not just toddlers, but toddlers as in Toddlers and Tiaras.

maatTheViking
03-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Not just toddlers, but toddlers as in Toddlers and Tiaras.

Is Tyra just batshit insane? These cycles are so strange compared to the early ones, where I had a strange sort of respect for her.

Tesla
03-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Is Tyra just batshit insane? These cycles are so strange compared to the early ones, where I had a strange sort of respect for her.

I think she's forgone looking for a model and is now just in it for the entertainment.

ETA If anyone is interested, EW has next week's pictures. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/01/americas-next-top-model-kris-jenner-photos/) I think "creepy" might be a bit of an understatement, but that's just me.

duane
03-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I watched the first 25-30 min or so. It just didn't keep my interest.

Bonita
03-02-2012, 02:40 AM
The really manly US girl, OMG. I like the plus size girls and the native American and the one who survived bottom two from Scotland. I don't need the subtitles, perfectly understandable to me.