PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68

lavenderblue
03-30-2012, 09:54 PM
No Eurosport yet, but here are the other two things:

Free Dance with K&C (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvf7LSkRYi8)
Medal Ceremony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKJ8bb2SMtU&feature=colike)

Bue
03-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes I noticed this about Marina. She didn't look that happy. Igor didn't either. Very muted reaction from both coaches.

I've given up on trying to analyze the situation. I figure that T&S and M&C know their coaches better than we do and if it still all works, then it works. And Igor and Marina were even less effusive when T&S won 2010 Worlds - they looked downright miserable! I suspect their reaction would have been similar had M&C won here. Maybe they're constantly wondering and worrying how they can balance the situation... despite all the nicey-nicey, I'm sure it can't be that easy at Worlds.

Bournekraatzfan
03-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Thank you, lavenderblue. The first video made me think of pingu, who I hope is enjoying Nice.

martyross
03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
and now i'm ready for the yankee polka! :lol: i would have never even searched for a video of this dance but what wouldn't you do for Tessa and Scott?:P
the theme doesn't seem to suit their aristocratic style but i'm sure Tessa will enjoy the process of getting pretty costume(s). the one for 2007 4CC was a cutie but she's all grown up now. i just have glimpes of her, skating around dressed as a cowgirl. woohoo :swoon::swoon: has this dance anything to do with cowgirls? :lol:
P.s. an italian website, Artonice, suggests: what T&S would capable of produce under two choreographers like Krylova/Camerlengo? Just sayin.

pani
03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Do you belive T-S didnt have support during FD? They did. Audience was very warm to all skaters and T-S had standing ovations.
Last season at arena nobody care about D-W FD, but they won. In Nice public were more friendly, so they enjoy a lot off perfomances.
Why we need to pay attention to opinion from the unhappy ubers or some crazy fans, who wish T-S will fall?
Today at small medal ceremony people support T-S a lot.
Tessa said they will skate in Sochi :D They will compete at team WCh in two weeks. This medal was very importatnt for them because of her injuries in last two years. They have motivation, they wish to try different programs.
And FF look different at the arena. Scott not only play character, but singing during step sequense :D
In this competition if any team will win people will be alwayse unhappy.
You was very kind with D-W last season, when they won, but not all people could do this - remeber what FSU said about Mahler ;)
This was amazing competition, a lot of greate programs. Not only D-W had standing ovations. Even Rhalf-Hill had - people really love there tango :)

Now we could start discuss what new exibition they will show and what they could use for nest year and for OG in Sochi.
By the way, did you read Krylova interview from this WCh?

Rafter
03-30-2012, 11:00 PM
No did not read Krylova interview. Didn't know there was one. What did she say?

Bournekraatzfan
03-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Do you belive T-S didnt have support during FD? They did. Audience was very warm to all skaters and T-S had standing ovations.
Last season at arena nobody care about D-W FD, but they won. In Nice public were more friendly, so they enjoy a lot off perfomances.
Why we need to pay attention to opinion from the unhappy ubers or some crazy fans, who wish T-S will fall?
Today at small medal ceremony people support T-S a lot.
Tessa said they will skate in Sochi :D They will compete at team WCh in two weeks. This medal was very importatnt for them because of her injuries in last two years. They have motivation, they wish to try different programs.
And FF look different at the arena. Scott not only play character, but singing during step sequense :D
In this competition if any team will win people will be alwayse unhappy.
You was very kind with D-W last season, when they won, but not all people could do this - remeber what FSU said about Mahler ;)
This was amazing competition, a lot of greate programs. Not only D-W had standing ovations. Even Rhalf-Hill had - people really love there tango :)

Now we could start discuss what new exibition they will show and what they could use for nest year and for OG in Sochi.
By the way, did you read Krylova interview from this WCh?

all good points, and I am glad you enjoyed the event and were able to see it live.

do you by any chance have a link to the Krylova article? thank you in advance:)

pingu
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Thank you, lavenderblue. The first video made me think of pingu, who I hope is enjoying Nice.

Uhm...may I know why? I'm just curious :)
Btw yes I am enjoying Nice and I'm having a great time, I think this has been the best competition I have ever been at so far :D

martyross
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Tessa said they will skate in Sochi :D
i get shivers just imagining it!

Scott not only play character, but singing during step sequense :D
wee..he sings loud? that would be cool,haha!

exactly... all the fuss about competitions is silly in general. <shrug>

im so curious to hear what the beautiful Krylova said. is something about TS? don't keep us on edge plz :D

Rafter
03-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Regarding possible FDs for Tessa and Scott, I can see them skating to so many things.

Personally I'm hoping they go for the classical/ balletic route in 2014. Hopefully to a Russian composer. :)

I could see them skating to Rach2, Clair de lune, Black Swan/Swan Lake, etc. Next season I'd like to see them skating to something really powerful that builds towards the end.

martyross
03-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Regarding possible FDs for Tessa and Scott, I can see them skating to so many things.

Personally I'm hoping they go for the classical/ balletic route in 2014. Hopefully to a Russian composer. :)

interesting idea. IK had a gorgeous ballet program. very Russian. but they were training under Zhulin :D
and then there's always Scott's beloved country :D

Emdee
03-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Not country nooooooooooooo!
The elegant Tess will be very much out of place as a milkmaid!

leafygreens
03-31-2012, 12:09 AM
This medal was very importatnt for them

Just curious, when is a gold medal not important to a skater?

martyross
03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Not country nooooooooooooo!
The elegant Tess will be very much out of place as a milkmaid!

Oh she would be deliiiicious as a milkmaid! I run to post your sugestion on scott's fb!! Thank you a lot!!:D:D:P

bbkenn
03-31-2012, 12:41 AM

Thank you very much. That was great. I actually thought Igor S. was very happy when they won, Marina seemed more subdued, but I don't think it was about them winning.