PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
03-30-2012, 12:30 PM
two more years of TS bliss! thank you guys!you are the epitome of figure skating! both programs were incredible and made me dream

sap5
03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope both V/M learn to speak more carefully in the future. Yes, we know that Tessa was simply saying that it wasn't the best skate *for them*, but as we also know, most reporters don't know anything about figure skating, and will jump at the chance to completely misconstrue and misinterpret words.

Rafter
03-30-2012, 01:52 PM
From this interview: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/03/virtue-and-moir-recapture-world-title/

"I think we are excited about the vision that Marina and Igor have for us for the next couple of years. We’re lucky to have them.”

Realisitally, we always knew a change was never on the cards. And it's clearly confirmed. Pleeeaaase Marina, let them have some outside input! Same goes for D/W.

:wuzrobbed :(

nuge
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=PashaFan;3526249]First I want to say I'm very happy for Nathalie & Fabian. It was the best they skated their free dance all season. QUOTE]

I don't think it was their best skate of this FD .The last lift looked very cautious to me :shuffle:
I'm so thrilled for them they really deserve it :)
I thought D/W and V/M were great and thought the result was correct although I enjoyed D/W more.

V/M have won it all the only reason to stay on is to equal G/P two Olympic golds.They certainly have a good chance .

Rafter
03-30-2012, 02:23 PM
First I want to say I'm very happy for Nathalie & Fabian. It was the best they skated their free dance all season. I loved Weaver/Poje free dance. Such emotion & it's been my favourite all season. But over the two rounds I think Nathalie & Fabian were the Bronze medal winners.
Next, I really enjoyed Meryl & Charlie in both dances. They are very strong & have interesting choreography. I always find something new I like about them each time I watch them skate.
Tessa & scott did not skate their best in the free dance but I still think that they were the best IMO. They are pure ice dancers. I'm very happy for them.
Also, am I the only one who thought that Marina Zueva did not look that happy when Tessa & Scott won?. She was far more involved in Meryl & Charlie IMO.
I really think it's time for one of these teams to change coaches.

Yes I noticed this about Marina. She didn't look that happy. Igor didn't either. Very muted reaction from both coaches. Really wish they'd change coaches but it sounds like its not happening.

Anyway, on to next year. I just hope Tessa and Scott pick more audience friendly music for the FD. And come out with a clever and original OD.

judgejudy27
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
One thing I wonder is if V/M win in Sochi if D/W might continue past 2014 to try again for the Olympic Gold in 2018. Personally I think it would be super dangerous for them to do so. They will be overtaken by a number of younger teams if they stay past 2014, the gap is already closing as it is.

sap5
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
And come out with a clever and original OD.

Here's to hoping, but as they both dislike the Yankee Polka, I have my doubts.

jl22aries
03-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Here's to hoping, but as they both dislike the Yankee Polka, I have my doubts.

Ah they'll rock it :)

Macassar88
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
ITA.

V&M did have mistakes but they weren't major ones and the way CoP is supposed to work is that they may have lost points (levels and GOE's) for those mistakes but what they did in the rest of the program more than made up for those bobbles. This type of situation always makes me think back to Sasha Cohen's silver medal in Torino and why I feel she won that silver despite the uproar.

And I guess I shouldn't point out the mistakes that the others teams made as well either which also helped to balance it out.

:rolleyes: to those two articles. Tessa's and Scott's reaction wasn't because they felt they shouldn't have won but because they wanted to be clean. After the season they've had I can image V&M wanted to :kickass: in both the SD and FD. Of course those are two American papers so there is that.

The other thing that annoys me is that people are using the fact that tessa and Scott said that their performance wasn't perfect as a reason why they shouldn't have won. The thing they fail to realize is that Tessa and Scott are probably two of the biggest perfectionists in the world. They wouldn't be happy unless every edge was perfect and every emotion was portrayed to its max.

Rafter
03-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Was going to post this on the other thread but I decided to put it here instead.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt-figure-skating-worldscoring-pixl3e8eu0pk-20120329,0,2967509.story?page=1

This is an article saying how even T/S were puzzled at their win. That is pure conjecture. Yes there are little bobbles here and there and V/M had to fight through the performance. Luckily it wasn't on their elements and they could still get most of the levels and superb GOE across the board. At the end that it showed with their mark that they did not get a SB for the performance wasn't the best of the season. Still the win was well deserved with their quality skate and technical merits.

It's just that at the same time D/W couldn't get the level 4s for the step sequences despite how well they think they skated. There are experts here on FSU even pointed out Meryl's edge quality may not be good enough to get top levels. The whole "everyone beside the judges thought D/W should win including Tessa and Scott" comment is pure bull.

And then there is Phil Hersh's article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/globetrotting/chi-a-very-quick-read-on-ice-dance-at-world-meet-20120329,0,2687379.column

All I can is: Oh Phil, never change :lol:.

That first article is absolutely ridiculous. What did she do, poll every single audience member? I guess she missed all the Canadians and other Virtue and Moir fans who were happy with the result.

I could be wrong but I think this is the same Reuters "journalist" who wrote that article on Chan and China that came out right before the GPF. Obviously trying to stir the pot.

Macassar88
03-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Ah they'll rock it :)

Just like Malagueña
Anyway they have shown they can pull off anything.

Subway
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Why do people think Marina won't "let" them have outside input? By all reports, Marina herself is influenced by a lot of outside things. She brings in outsiders herself. If people mean another choreographer, well, they love Marina's choreography and they're not children. If they wanted outside input they'd get it. It's her "vision" and her choreography they like.

Subway
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
One thing I wonder is if V/M win in Sochi if D/W might continue past 2014 to try again for the Olympic Gold in 2018. Personally I think it would be super dangerous for them to do so. They will be overtaken by a number of younger teams if they stay past 2014, the gap is already closing as it is. I'm not so sure the gap is closing. I'm guessing the judges don't want D/W and V/M to hit the point ceiling 2 years before Sochi. There's more room for the other teams. I believe there's a substantial gap still.

professordeb
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't know what it is about the Chicago Tribune & me cause on the first link all I get at most is the photo of P/B and a comment about the mummified scoring. On the second link, at best all I can read is the first page. If I try to go to the 2nd page, all I get are the titles. Perhaps it's just as well that I can't read them -- at least on this laptop -- cause I'm sure I'd feel like others here have posted. Phil is a tool squared.

PashaFan
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
The Eurosport webiste has a piece on the free dance saying that "Every Man, woman and child in the arena thought the Americans had won".
Was I watching something else last night?.
Yes, it was close, very close. But I still had Tessa & Scott with the Gold.