PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
instead i wasn't that nervous because they looked absolutely secure, they didn't seem to be at a competition but just performing their characters. gee, phenomenal. i even sang along with the songs because it was so beautiful. when you have two genius who consistently skate like that at Worlds, you can be sure they deliver and just enjoy their brilliance. a little surprised at their reactions.
being Olympic champion and win an other World title, that's huge and monstrous. best dancers of all time!!

clarie
03-29-2012, 10:31 PM
I'll be watching again tonight in a much more relaxed frame of mind and really be able to enjoy all the nuances of their program. There are so many little details that escape the first time watching. I couldn't get into the Pbp thread.......probably just as well for now, I think. I can just imagine all the "wuzrobbed"s in there. So far it's pretty safe in here and I hope it stays that way.

I just love this team and hope they stay around for a long time, if not competing, then touring.:)

martyross
03-29-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvxo-NwTG00

Video!

i hope Pani is happy and...relieved :P for this AMAZING VICTORY!

Lissa
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Just got home & came on here & great news!! :D

Of course they belong at the top & cannot wait to watch it tonight on CBC!!

I hope someone gets the EUROsport video up soon to hear the British guys, they have such a love on for T&S!:P

venja
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Where is Pani?

Probably fainted somewhere upon finding the result of the competition. Can't wait to hear hear her reaction.

puglover
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Where is Pani? I actually watched them live and felt quite relaxed throughout. I just knew they were going to do it. That was a great way to end the year and hopefully they can now enjoy the weather and the beautiful French countryside.

Lissa
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Whoever has the Eurosport coverage can you please put up the vid soon??;)

Rafter
03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
This is my only disappointment, that it wasn't their best performance. But it was good enough :)

I am quite surprised by the scores actually. I thought D/W really brought it tonight and expected a smaller margin.

I thought Davis and White were really excellent today. They had a ton of energy and really sold it but during the performance I remembered thinking that she wasn't hitting the edges during the two footwork sequences. I am not surprised they only got level 3 on them.

One thing I find interesting is the shift between GPF and now. Was there some sort of backlash against the super high marks D&W received at the GPF?

Lissa
03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I thought Davis and White were really excellent today. They had a ton of energy and really sold it but during the performance I remembered thinking that she wasn't hitting the edges during the two footwork sequences. I am not surprised they only got level 3 on them.

One thing I find interesting is the shift between GPF and now. Was there some sort of backlash against the super high marks D&W received at the GPF?

The problem was they were not deserved, way too high at the GPF, as someone said, the judges that gave them those must have been high on some good stuff :lol:

Also I am so proud of Scott for standing up for skating & saying he was not happy & being courageous enough to speak his mind!

martyross
03-29-2012, 11:35 PM
yes i loke scott even more after this season,he's a real person who speaks his mind frankly.i happen to agree with th things he's said but even if i didnt i would respect him as a person. he's not fake,he appears for what he is.you don't like it? who cares!that's how life works. obviously he ll be the scapegoat for month. if he doesnt care about it,we shall not either. be yourself,no matter what they say!

bbkenn
03-29-2012, 11:36 PM
WHEEEEEEE!!!! Awesome worlds for ice dance... V&M are world champions again, P&B on the podium, and I&K are Russian #1s. :40beers:

I was holding my breath the entire time.... soooo nice to see V&M back on top and I think the French crowd was loving it too!!! My only regret is that Tessa never got a new FD costume after Skate Canada... I love the red, but wanted more variations from the movie. :P

I dread going into the pbp thread. :P

Don't it's pretty bad. Some are calling V&M the judge's darlings, etc. I don't care, though, I am SOOOOO happy. Yeah, V&M World Champions!!! My predictions came true for all top 3 spots, that's how much faith I had in V&M. Yeah me.

Lissa
03-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Wow D&W fans in their thread are pulling T&S apart, saying the crowds reaction was way better for D&W & how it was probably due to Scott's complaining, LMAO sour grapes ....

D&W are amazing skater's but they are no where near T&S in talent & that is not up for debate ;)

pani
03-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I love your funny face :D
When i saw this FD i love it from the first pratice. They flyght today across the ice.
Canada EH :D
D-W wasnt so fast, like they usually was, so from the judges sidfe i could saw some weekness in there steps.
But audience love this FD. But T-S was reall actors and first step sequenc ewas something speciall. I am so happy now :)
And i think D-W fans mut respect this T-S victory, like a lot off you did in this therad.
I am very happy for Natalie and Fabien.
W-P was so good! Keithlyn is an Angel, she was so happy for P-B :)
It was really deserve

elle123
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Wow D&W fans in their thread are pulling T&S apart, saying the crowds reaction was way better for D&W & how it was probably due to Scott's complaining, LMAO sour grapes ....

D&W are amazing skater's but they are no where near T&S in talent & that is not up for debate ;)

I'm not sure either team skated their best today (I think that goes to Andrew and Kaitlyn) but that being said - Tessa and Scott were still amazing and they 100% deserved that gold. Naysayers can go fly a kite!

Bournekraatzfan
03-29-2012, 11:53 PM
CONGRATS Tessa and Scott!:cheer: That was gorgeous! The diagonal step sequence was unreal--such deep edges and gorgeous flow! The combo lift is my favourite FD lift in the competition--I can't help but marvel at her stability. I really loved this program from beginning to end. I thought they had a touch more speed (hard to tell on tv), attack, and abandon at the GPF, but felt that this performance had the most refined character depiction. Did you see how playful they were in the second section? They really made the music and the movie themes come alive! I thought they had the most nuanced interpretation of the music, and was happy to see them rewarded for it in the PCS. I was also happy to see their exquisite SS acknowledged here...the PCS at the GPF had me :confused: Their edges were silky smooth today, and every position looked so polished and beautiful. Brilliant.

Congratulations also to Meryl and Charlie on yet another fine performance! During the performance, I predicted they would get level 3s on the footwork sequences (I watched Meryl's feet closely), but that didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the dance. Their FD was gorgeous and I didn't want it to end.

I am also thrilled for Nathalie and Fabian! I wanted that bronze so badly for them. I don't even like the choreography of their FD but really enjoyed watching it because they are such strong skaters and skilled performers. Gorgeous edges and very good positions. They skated with a lot of passion and I am so happy they got to share this moment with a home crowd!

and Kaitlyn and Andrew should be so proud. They made Anjelika cry! I felt they hit a perfect balance of being in the moment and surrendering themselves to the emotion of the dance while staying clean. Skating two strong programs and earning 4th place in such a deep field is a huge accomplishment, and I hope this just pushes them to greater things!

Also really enjoyed I&K and loved, loved, loved C&L!

Congratulations to all the top teams!

I hope everyone here is enjoys the skating this week, and I look forward to celebrating in this thread!