PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Rafter
03-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time!

The British Eurosport commentators had nice things to say about the dance.

Here's the link in case you've missed this upload:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPBOWNw3iMs

Wow. One of them, don't know which one, said " to me me, these are the best dancers I've ever seen." What a compliment!!

Rafter
03-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Is it too much to hope that they win and still leave Z&S anyway? :saint:

This is my hope as well.

Would love to see what Camerlengo would do with them.

Rafter
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Almost lost my voice out there tonight and my displays of enthusiasm may have driven some of my neighbours in the audience crazy.:) I'm happy, hopeful for tomorrow and if Tessa and Scott skate like they did at yesterday's practice, I'm confident they can win this.

I was at the press conference afterwards and I also witnessed the draw for the FD, which took place at the same time. Nice to see Tessa's pleased smile after she drew number 20.:) Scott was very serious, like he was already focusing on tomorrow's task. The press conference lasted just a few minutes, but had some interesting comments... First they were all asked to evaluate their performances: Scott said they were pleased with what they had done, that they had focused on each other and their unison, not on the result, and it paid off. Then, Meryl said they felt it was the best they skated the program all season and they're happy with the performance. Fabian was also pleased, especially with being closer to the top two teams than ever before.
Then came the next question, for Meryl and Charlie: if you think this was the best you've skated the program, how do you explain the result? Meryl's answer (roughly quoting from memory here): "From experience, we know there are times when the result is out of our hands, it's not up to how we skate. We didn't get the levels we thought we would."
Then they were all asked how they would approach tomorrow's FD. All three teams said they were hoping to improve and have great performances. Tessa said they absolutely love FF, they have every element under control and they're ready for it.
The last question was for Tessa and Scott, about how they train with M&C and how the coaches manage to keep a friendly atmosphere in Canton. (I feel like they've answered that question a zillion times, I'm really sick of it). Scott said the rivalry with M&C has been beneficial for both teams, that they feel lucky to train with them and the Shibutanis, and also to compete against such good teams like W/P and P/B. He also said Marina and Igor are extremely fair and don't favour anyone. Then he joked: "It's not like they've arranged for them to win GPF and for us to win 4CC. If they had, at least each of us would have won in their own country."

That was all. I have to say, underneath the smiles and friendliness, things seemed tense. Meryl and Charlie were clearly very upset and Scott's joke felt like an answer to Meryl's suggestion that she and Charlie had been scored unfairly. I may be reading too much into this short exchange, but I'm really beginning to wonder if the present coaching situation can go on for much longer. It might become uncomfortable during the next two years.

One more detail, that goes along with Elena's tweet: all the dancers that were present for the draw in the conference room clapped and cheered loudly when Tessa and Scott were announced as winners of the SD. They are clearly well-liked and respected in the skating community.

Thanks for this! All very interesting. I'm sure things are very tense. With the way Davis and White were marked during the GP season and especially the GPF they probably thought they'd be in a different position now.

Cute about the other ice dancers cheering for Tessa and Scott!

Twilight1
03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
The top 4 teams are my top favourites so if their is any mix after the free as long as they stay top 4 I will be happy. Though for sentimental reasons if P&B keep 3rd spot and V&M maintain 1st, I will be a touch more happy.

It is actually nice to enjoy many dance teams....10 years ago I was more partial to specific teams. ;)

Bue
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
PashaFan, there's a video of C/J's SD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idizve-nN8 Lloyd seemed to recover well from the twizzle disaster, but it wasn't their best.

Wow. One of them, don't know which one, said " to me me, these are the best dancers I've ever seen." What a compliment!!

It would be more of a compliment if Simon Reed wasn't such a complete idiot :P Earlier in the broadcast he was going on and on about how D/W are undefeated since last Worlds, and how it had been such a shock when D/W overtook V/M last year because V/M "looked to be the dominant pair". Did they really Simon, given, you know, major surgery and V/M missing most of the season? Then when he finally realized that D/W aren't undefeated this season, he saved face by saying that D/W have won all the comps that really matter, like the GP Final. Because the GPF is so much more prestigious than 4CC :rolleyes: So while it is great that he is a V/M uber, he also appears not to have a clue about ice dance ;) But I love him for the entertainment value.

sap5
03-29-2012, 02:31 PM
It would be more of a compliment if Simon Reed wasn't such a complete idiot :P Earlier in the broadcast he was going on and on about how D/W are undefeated since last Worlds, and how it had been such a shock when D/W overtook V/M last year because V/M "looked to be the dominant pair". Did they really Simon, given, you know, major surgery and V/M missing most of the season? Then when he finally realized that D/W aren't undefeated this season, he saved face by saying that D/W have won all the comps that really matter, like the GP Final. Because the GPF is so much more prestigious than 4CC :rolleyes: So while it is great that he is a V/M uber, he also appears not to have a clue about ice dance ;) But I love him for the entertainment value.

Yeah, Simon doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, but he's fun to listen to. I used to LOL the way he used to slobber all over Tanith Belbin whenever she came on the screen.

PashaFan
03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
PashaFan, there's a video of C/J's SD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idizve-nN8 Lloyd seemed to recover well from the twizzle disaster, but it wasn't their best.

Thanks for the Video link. I don't think they skated that bad. I don't understand such an awful mark.
Was that Isabelle Delobel next to Marina & Gwendal?. She looks different.

Shayii
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I can't believe this, I've joined the club of people that have dreams about V/M. I dreamt that T/S performed a different version of funny face with Fred Astaire, and instead of Audrey Hepburn it was Julie Andrews. They were all in matching costumes, gray suits, but the girls had skirts (it was actually really cute). It looked like they were in an earlier time period as well, like the fifties. And after the quartet finished their performance the crowd erupted and gave a standing ovation that lasted pretty much forever. I woke up and I was like ok that was weird lol.

Anyways so excited for today, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to watch live, but wishing Tessa and Scott the best of luck and hoping they seal the deal!

aka_gerbil
03-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I've been nervous for V/M and P/B ever since I got up this morning. I just hope both teams skate up to the very best of their respective abilities today.

martyross
03-29-2012, 06:28 PM
ok the champagne is ready.. mmh, no,actually its just a can of coke haha. since im not able to have weird dreams on them, i'll make up for it calling myself 'T&S's walrus'. yuk. go guys!

elle123
03-29-2012, 09:17 PM
YES YES YES!!!!Before the marks come up, I just wanted to say excellent skate by Scott and Tessa ... my heart is going crazy.

Macassar88
03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

elle123
03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
... and they're back on top where they belong!

Congrats Scott and Tessa - you deserve it!

walei
03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
BOOYAH HUGE SCORE!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE FUNNY FACE!! In fact, this is the first dance routine that Scott and Tessa has done that has been UNDEFEATED. Not even their Mahler can claim this feat!!!

Sorry for my rambling but it's 4:20am, I feel more like a zombie than Natalie and I have no intention to go back to sleep LOL

a56
03-29-2012, 09:22 PM
:cheer: Congrats 2 time World Champions Tessa and Scott!