PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Proustable
03-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Can I just say I'm kinda grinning at some of the gnashing of teeth over in another uber thread. Guess some of their fans aren't handling D/W in second.
BTW, I too thought Tessa & Scott were scored a bit close to D/W.

Eh, it was no different in here after the 4CC SD.

aka_gerbil
03-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Ok after watching it again, yeah that French team being so close to T&S is a total & utter joke omg 69-72?

What a load of crap & Tracy Wilson annoys the hell out of me, saying the French team have a shot at the top of the podium, omg GMAB :rolleyes::lol:

P/B, IMO, are one of the most underrated, if not the most underrated, team of this quad and possibly the previous one. They've made a lot of progress in their own skating these past few years, and if one of the other teams slips up, they are definitely more than good enough to capitalize on that.

lauravvv
03-29-2012, 02:37 AM
And man it would be amazing if someone could share a little of what the Russian commentators's thoughts were?!I didn't see/hear what the Russian Eurosport commentators said. As for Russian Channel 2 commentators - Zhulin also commentated there. Before Davis/White's skate the other commentator quoted what Zhulin had said about Virtue/Moir's practice - that they looked so much more brilliant/splendid that anyone else (including David/White), and he responded that it was only his personal opinion, but the "canadians" were simply created for dances on ice, as they are just "bathing" in all of that. About Davis/White he said that they are also very good and their "latina" is good as well, but Virtue/Moir's style is closer to him. Still, he praised Davis/White's twizzles, said that they did them "as one person", also their good edges. But he said that they overall movement in the rink was not so ideal + after the skate both of them wondered about the huge difference between Cappelini/Lanotte and Davis/White in some of the components - Zhulin said that it's because of D/W's reputation. But during Tessa and Scott's skate he was harsher towards them than towards Meryl and Charlie - said that Scott had swayed a bit in the beginning of the second twizzle, predicted that they may have problems with the second rhumba sequence level, and also said that Tessa's edges during the circular step sequence lacked the usual depth. At the end, though, he said that they are real dancers, and that is what he likes so much about them, that they deserved their high marks, and it's a pity that they are not russians (:D).

One more interesting note - after Davis/ White's skate they praised Cappelini/Lanotte a lot and said that there are talks that they are going to Zueva/Shpilband (for full time coaching, obviously :eek:), and that means that they will start receiving 9s for components soon as well (Zhulin's thoughts). They also questioned why there are no any Russian skaters in Zueva/Shpilband's group yet.

sequins
03-29-2012, 02:43 AM
^Um...WOW! If C/L go to Z/S someones gotta go, that would just be way too much.

aka_gerbil
03-29-2012, 02:55 AM
^Um...WOW! If C/L go to Z/S someones gotta go, that would just be way too much.

Yeah.

Last year was the year of teams splitting up. This year may be the year of 50,000 coaching changes.

jl22aries
03-29-2012, 02:59 AM
I didn't see/hear what the Russian Eurosport commentators said. As for Russian Channel 2 commentators - Zhulin also commentated there.

Thanks so much for taking the time!

The British Eurosport commentators had nice things to say about the dance.

Here's the link in case you've missed this upload:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPBOWNw3iMs

Proustable
03-29-2012, 03:00 AM
P/B, IMO, are one of the most underrated, if not the most underrated, team of this quad and possibly the previous one. They've made a lot of progress in their own skating these past few years, and if one of the other teams slips up, they are definitely more than good enough to capitalize on that.

Maybe, but I'd argue their inconsistency and technical infelicites play a role here.

martyross
03-29-2012, 03:00 AM
May I ask, what did Margaglio say? And man it would be amazing if someone could share a little of what the Russian commentators's thoughts were?!

He thinks that this year no one can touch T&S especially in their "outstanding" free dance. previously he had said that they are the best actors. he's not so sure about the silver medal because PB are on home ice. mmh. i can't see PB getting 9.00-9.50 on PCS.

CL moving to Canton?? i'm shocked!!

thanks again Ioana!!!

jl22aries
03-29-2012, 03:01 AM
And thanks Ioana for being our insider! It's so much fun getting peeks at the behind the scenes dynamics.

And thanks MartyR!

lauravvv
03-29-2012, 03:02 AM
^Um...WOW! If C/L go to Z/S someones gotta go, that would just be way too much.I think so too. Oh, and I didn't recognize Zhulin's voice at first (I now corrected my post) - it was him who commentated. So, I think it's pretty safe about Cappelini/Lanotte, if Zhulin said that.

P.S.: Of course, it's no wonder, but after Pechalat/Bourzat's skate he said (half jokingly) that he would give the second place in SD to them - over Davis/White, as their SD "was nothing special'', but P/B had "a real dance" (:)).

bbkenn
03-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time!

The British Eurosport commentators had nice things to say about the dance.

Here's the link in case you've missed this upload:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPBOWNw3iMs

This link has the clearest picture. Thanks sooo much! I am so happy and I am so glad that they skate last in the FD. I love funny face and can't wait to see them skate their best.

Sahararainfall
03-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Yay! So happy for TS they finally nailed this SD, the side benefit of them being in the lead is not too shabby either.

Lots of good luck to TS for the FD! Stay in that beautiful bubble as long as you want, so long as you both give us lots of interviews afterwards. :lol:

Shayii
03-29-2012, 03:57 AM
I had to go out and I'm now catching up on everybody's posts. I'm happy they're in the lead, but they're not done yet, wishing them an amazing skate tomorrow!!

AWWWW:

http://twitter.com/#!/Shindlerlist/status/185131337739538432

She also retweeted one of Nikita's tweets. They seem pretty happy to be both in the final group and getting to skate between P/B and V/M.

I saw this on twitter, it's so cute! She really likes them as people and respects them as skaters.

That was all. I have to say, underneath the smiles and friendliness, things seemed tense. Meryl and Charlie were clearly very upset and Scott's joke felt like an answer to Meryl's suggestion that she and Charlie had been scored unfairly. I may be reading too much into this short exchange, but I'm really beginning to wonder if the present coaching situation can go on for much longer. It might become uncomfortable during the next two years.

One more detail, that goes along with Elena's tweet: all the dancers that were present for the draw in the conference room clapped and cheered loudly when Tessa and Scott were announced as winners of the SD. They are clearly well-liked and respected in the skating community.

Ioana I can't thank you enough for your reports, thanks for taking time to write it. Yea I'm not surprised that things seemed tense at the PC. Meryl and Charlie looked upset/shocked when their scores came up and if Tessa and Scott had come in second they would have looked the same way most likely. I think it might be hard to keep this "friendly" rivalry going when both teams wanna win so bad. And that's cute how people cheered for they when they were announced as the winners of the SD.

One more interesting note - after Davis/ White's skate they praised Cappelini/Lanotte a lot and said that there are talks that they are going to Zueva/Shpilband (for full time coaching, obviously :eek:), and that means that they will start receiving 9s for components soon as well (Zhulin's thoughts). They also questioned why there are no any Russian skaters in Zueva/Shpilband's group yet.

I love this Italian team as well, but man how many teams can Marina and Igor possibly coach? I wonder if they ever turn down people that ask to come to them. But it would be interesting if the Italians do go to Canton.

Proustable
03-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Don't K/C coach more teams than Z/S?

Shayii
03-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Don't K/C coach more teams than Z/S?

Lol I'm the last person that would know, but how do these coaches make time for everybody?