PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
oh- and did everyone see Alma and the baby in the audience!? After Cappellini and Lanotte skated.. very cute!

babies, sunglasses and little lady dogs... :P

"...So Zoueva goes from one rink to the next to coach her skaters and meet with the skating world. She has another living being to cope with, though. In her beautiful leather black hand case, you can see the nose of a little lady dog.
"Her name is Ming Xing Fu," Zoueva explained. "She does not always come with me because my mother can take care of her, but now my mother is back in Russia."
Ming Xing Fu is quite nice and well-behaved.
"She has been to the Lalique Trophy in Paris, she goes to nationals," Zoueva said.
Ming Xing Fu does not leave her case and has never been heard barking in the rink. Zoueva's coaching talent goes far beyond dancing teams."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120328&content_id=27698358&vkey=ice_news

aka_gerbil
03-29-2012, 12:51 AM
AWWWW:

http://twitter.com/#!/Shindlerlist/status/185131337739538432

Elena Ilinykh‏@Shindlerlist

Tessa and Scott were amazing today as always! It's a big pleasure and respect to skate in the same group with them. #DreamsComeTrue

5:28 PM - 28 Mar 12via web Embed this Tweet

She also retweeted one of Nikita's tweets. They seem pretty happy to be both in the final group and getting to skate between P/B and V/M.

martyross
03-29-2012, 12:51 AM
oh, Zhulin is fantastic. just tonight i was thinking how better IK's programs looked under him. but nah, it seems both TS and DW are in love with Marina.

martyross
03-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Cappellini-Lanotte are big fans as well! and tonight Margaglio was very complimentary towards T&S.

jl22aries
03-29-2012, 01:00 AM
May I ask, what did Margaglio say? And man it would be amazing if someone could share a little of what the Russian commentators's thoughts were?!

sequins
03-29-2012, 01:02 AM
I so love when their fellow and former competitiors compliment them. It is maybe more of a reward than any medal or judges score. Call me goofy but I just think it's great to get those words of praise from those in the know. To be appreciated is a wonderful thing.

Cherub721
03-29-2012, 01:08 AM
AWWWW:

http://twitter.com/#!/Shindlerlist/status/185131337739538432

She also retweeted one of Nikita's tweets. They seem pretty happy to be both in the final group and getting to skate between P/B and V/M.

Awesome! She must be friendly with V&M, since she used to train with Shpilband (and then with P&B under Zhulin). I would love to hear what Tessa & Scott think of I&K as well.

bmcg
03-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Agreed. I don't get why V&M never get to enjoy a comfortable lead like Chan does and Kim and S&S did back in the day.

Chan might not get such a comfortable lead in Nice. Reading different articles posted on the Great Skate Debate forum with quotes from different officials and it seems like there has been a lot of chatter about getting stricter with the scoring and keeping things closer. I think we will see in Mens what we saw in Pairs and Dance.

IoanaC
03-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Almost lost my voice out there tonight and my displays of enthusiasm may have driven some of my neighbours in the audience crazy.:) I'm happy, hopeful for tomorrow and if Tessa and Scott skate like they did at yesterday's practice, I'm confident they can win this.

I was at the press conference afterwards and I also witnessed the draw for the FD, which took place at the same time. Nice to see Tessa's pleased smile after she drew number 20.:) Scott was very serious, like he was already focusing on tomorrow's task. The press conference lasted just a few minutes, but had some interesting comments... First they were all asked to evaluate their performances: Scott said they were pleased with what they had done, that they had focused on each other and their unison, not on the result, and it paid off. Then, Meryl said they felt it was the best they skated the program all season and they're happy with the performance. Fabian was also pleased, especially with being closer to the top two teams than ever before.
Then came the next question, for Meryl and Charlie: if you think this was the best you've skated the program, how do you explain the result? Meryl's answer (roughly quoting from memory here): "From experience, we know there are times when the result is out of our hands, it's not up to how we skate. We didn't get the levels we thought we would."
Then they were all asked how they would approach tomorrow's FD. All three teams said they were hoping to improve and have great performances. Tessa said they absolutely love FF, they have every element under control and they're ready for it.
The last question was for Tessa and Scott, about how they train with M&C and how the coaches manage to keep a friendly atmosphere in Canton. (I feel like they've answered that question a zillion times, I'm really sick of it). Scott said the rivalry with M&C has been beneficial for both teams, that they feel lucky to train with them and the Shibutanis, and also to compete against such good teams like W/P and P/B. He also said Marina and Igor are extremely fair and don't favour anyone. Then he joked: "It's not like they've arranged for them to win GPF and for us to win 4CC. If they had, at least each of us would have won in their own country."

That was all. I have to say, underneath the smiles and friendliness, things seemed tense. Meryl and Charlie were clearly very upset and Scott's joke felt like an answer to Meryl's suggestion that she and Charlie had been scored unfairly. I may be reading too much into this short exchange, but I'm really beginning to wonder if the present coaching situation can go on for much longer. It might become uncomfortable during the next two years.

One more detail, that goes along with Elena's tweet: all the dancers that were present for the draw in the conference room clapped and cheered loudly when Tessa and Scott were announced as winners of the SD. They are clearly well-liked and respected in the skating community.

Rafter
03-29-2012, 01:33 AM
I've only watched V/M and D/W so far, and have to take a break to fix something for dinner, but between those two, I don't see how V/M aren't a country mile ahead of D/W. 1.33 points is too close.

Davis and White skated really well outside of their rhumba patterns, which were frankly awful. They were very shallow (patterns) and didn't even come close to the boards on the ends. And I won't even get into their leg positions and Charlie's posture. But outside the patterns, they skated very well.

Virtue and Moir were amazing today. It's not favourite OD/sd of theirs but they were really excellent today. I loved how fast they looked especially in the part after the first pattern and going into the twizzles. They were really flying. I also thought their knee bend during the CDs was amazing.

Twilight1
03-29-2012, 01:58 AM
IMHO I thought both teams were wonderful. D&W are unique and V&M are classical. Nothing wrong with either style but I prefer classic (though I am not a big fan of FF- it makes them happy so that is all that matters)

In terms of the rivalry, I have to agree that things have to be getting tricky at their training base. I can't really think of any rivalry like theirs except Grishuk & Platov vs Krylova & Ovsiannikov. They were on good terms for awhile but then things got ugly by all accounts I have read. G&P ultimately left to go to Tarasova. You can't compete at their level and not have hidden frustrations and possible resentment.

sequins
03-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Just watched CBC with Tracy commentating, Kurt didn't notice but she noticed D/W errors on their edges in the 'choktaws', said it was questionable. Same with V/M, just said it's a tough thing to control. I guess I understand but still too close IMO.

Lissa
03-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Ok after watching it again, yeah that French team being so close to T&S is a total & utter joke omg 69-72?

What a load of crap & Tracy Wilson annoys the hell out of me, saying the French team have a shot at the top of the podium, omg GMAB :rolleyes::lol:

sequins
03-29-2012, 02:08 AM
It's to keep those who are casual fans interested I guess. Once again I know there's been complaints about 'overmarking' and trying to 'keep it close' but what's fair is fair and this is so close it's almost laughable. Both for D/W and V/M.

professordeb
03-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Can I just say I'm kinda grinning at some of the gnashing of teeth over in another uber thread. Guess some of their fans aren't handling D/W in second.
BTW, I too thought Tessa & Scott were scored a bit close to D/W.