PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Sahararainfall
03-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Strangely enough, I'm not all that nervous.

If they win, I'll be ecstatic. If they don't, I'll be disappointed. But it won't change my opinion that their FD is a masterpiece, that their SD was flawed. It won't change the fact that for me Funny Face expanded them as skaters, and they were already prodigious before. It's wierd to think of Olympic champions as skaters with potential, but that's the case with these two. They are already one of the greatest teams in the history of the sport. That they are becoming better, and I believe they are, is simply astonishing to me.

FF expanded them as dancers as well as performers. The Broadway and jazz genre can be quite tricky and (as evidenced by this whole season) a hard sell, but when done brilliantly it can be quite a classic. FF may not be as well received or embraced compared to their other programs but I'm very very glad FF has become part of their CV.

aka_gerbil
03-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Strangely enough, I'm not all that nervous.
It's wierd to think of Olympic champions as skaters with potential, but that's the case with these two. They are already one of the greatest teams in the history of the sport. That they are becoming better, and I believe they are, is simply astonishing to me.

I think, for most skaters/teams, an Olympic Gold is typically the crowning, final achievement of a career. For V/M, winning so young, their OGM was just them getting started. :D

a56
03-28-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm very nervous for V/M, and I'm just wishing them all the best for the short dance later today as well as the free dance tomorrow.

musketeer
03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
The Fd practice looks AMAZING! At first I thought the video was fast forwarded, that's how great they look! Not a hair out of place, every little detail perfectly done, the pointed toes, the subtle nuances in their head movements and upper bodies...I could go on forever. And the best thing is, they look so happy!
If they skate like this, IMO, no-one should be able touch them.

Bue
03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
And yes, why not win this year and next year ;)

After a lifetime of political judging, I'm still not convinced the judges will "let" them win twice. Oh me of little faith! :lol: So then I think, is it better to win this year and reassert their dominance, or win next year and be in the best position for Sochi? You know, although two years in skating is a looooong time, this is the first time I have realized that T/S really have a shot at 2 OGMs. It is absolutely incredible.

FWIW, I have a great feeling about this competition. Bring it on!

PashaFan
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I've grown to like Davis/White but I can say with complete honesty as my faves are Nathalie & Fabian that for pure dance & magic Tessa & Scott are the best in the World. Even with errors they are still way ahead for me.
They dance to every beat of the music & are not afraid to use simple moves to show a part of their programe. Where some other couples will just skate through the music & make every move as difficult as they can, even if it does not match the music.
Watching the Grand Prix events this season has made me a fan of Davis/White but I don't think they are better than Tessa & Scott.
BUT I do think the judges are leaning more towards D/W this season, which in the long term could be better for Tessa & Scott in Sochi.
Top three short dance (This season)
1st V/M
2nd P/B
3rd D/W
Free dance (This season)
1st V/M
2nd W/P
3rd P/B
I'm just praying that Nathalie & Fabian stay on their feet.

sap5
03-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I think that may be the first time I've actually seen them (or most teams, actually) do a full run-through at an early practice.

It was a very good strategic move. They know their SD has been a question mark for them all season with all the changes. They wanted to come out and show everyone that they own their SD now, and they're here to win it. That's the mentality of Olympic Champions, and I'm glad they've got their heads back into the game.

Rafter
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
...and let the rumours begins;) Especially if they don't win, a prelude of sorts.:lol:

Seriously though I liked that. I too appreciate that the skating world is so small and that the 'rivals' can get along.

I'm hoping they all know something that we don't yet. :lol:

aka_gerbil
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm starting to feel nervous for V/M and P/B now. I just want them both to skate well.

PashaFan
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm starting to feel nervous for V/M and P/B now. I just want them both to skate well.

I know. Imagine how they feel !.

aka_gerbil
03-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I know. Imagine how they feel !.

Ack! I hope Tessa's bubble is working well today, and that P/B manage to keep everything under control, since they seem to be prone to nervous attacks.

I'm not going to survive the afternoon.

IoanaC
03-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Solid practice today as well, although less enthusiastic than in the last two days. I guess they're saving their energy for tonight. Tessa had a small bobble on the twizzles, because Elena and Nikita were on the verge of crashing into them (love these two, but they really need to learn how to avoid other skaters in practice, it's not the first time they did it.). They repeated the twizzles and the step sequence, both nice and clean. Meryl and Charlie had a good practice as well and I'm sure they'll bring it tonight. It's going to be very close, but I'm still holding out hope that Tessa and Scott will have PCS advantage. One hour and a half before the competition starts and my nerves are already getting the better of me.:)

martyross
03-28-2012, 04:32 PM
thanks Ioana! its great to hear news before the competition! im absolutely ready!

Shayii
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Solid practice today as well, although less enthusiastic than in the last two days. I guess they're saving their energy for tonight. Tessa had a small bobble on the twizzles, because Elena and Nikita were on the verge of crashing into them (love these two, but they really need to learn how to avoid other skaters in practice, it's not the first time they did it.). They repeated the twizzles and the step sequence, both nice and clean. Meryl and Charlie had a good practice as well and I'm sure they'll bring it tonight. It's going to be very close, but I'm still holding out hope that Tessa and Scott will have PCS advantage. One hour and a half before the competition starts and my nerves are already getting the better of me.:)

Thanks again for your report. You guys I don't think I can watch this I'm too and I'm afraid I'll some how jinx them with my nervousness. I too hope their bubble is working today and they have nerves of steel like the Olympics.

aka_gerbil
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks again for your report. You guys I don't think I can watch this I'm too and I'm afraid I'll some how jinx them with my nervousness. I too hope their bubble is working today and they have nerves of steel like the Olympics.

I'm going to have to do the same thing I do when UK (University of Kentucky) plays basketball; no tv, not follow pbp, and not have any sort of scores up that I'm watching until it's all over with.