PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

VarBar
03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
No! I want them to win lol! Besides they might look happy now, but I'm sure if they lose those smiles will be wiped off their faces despite what Scott says about it not being their main goal.

I am with you, Shayii, how can losing ever be better than winning? But I won't love Tessa and Scott any less even if they don't win.

Thank you to all those who provided links to videos and photos.

I think their first SD version is still my favorite and I really want my ending swirl back.

Scott's new hair style is so cool.:hat1:

martyross
03-28-2012, 12:25 AM
where is Pani?

HSGP21
03-28-2012, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVp36WZLXY&feature=channel

I love their new warm up (The back crossovers circle)...such pure pure skating! And the little spread-eagle/head on his chest moment is not only adorable, but totally sets the mood for their program. Brilliant, T and S, just brilliant!

Shayii
03-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Ioana thanks again for taking time to write your reports, they are very much appreciated!!

second fd practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNc1S83hLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ahh the new ending!

brilliant!! just listen to people's reaction!

Wow they are just so ready, Scott especially was so into this dance like I've never seen before; they just made me fall in love with this program. This looked like they were actually competing instead of practicing I hope the go all out Wed and Thurs too.

Thanks for that, martyross. After so many years of missing the podium, and especially after last year, I'm hoping P/B can still manage to pull it off in this competition and get the bronze.

Yes as much as I love Weaver and Poje and their programs, it would be nice if the French team can win bronze, but I wouldn't complain if W/P do.

where is Pani?

Making sacrifices to ensure that Tessa and Scott win :D.

elle123
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
All this Scott and Tessa cuteness is getting me all giddy :) Scott and Tessa will be skating the SD at 16:09 EST according to the schedule.

And yes, why not win this year and next year ;)

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/WC2012_IceDance_SD_TimeSchedule.pdf

Proustable
03-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes as much as I love Weaver and Poje and their programs, it would be nice if the French team can win bronze, but I wouldn't complain if W/P do.

My ideal podium would be V/M, W/P and P/B.

aka_gerbil
03-28-2012, 01:25 AM

For this worlds, that's mine as well, except I'd switch W/P and P/B.

Shayii
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
All this Scott and Tessa cuteness is getting me all giddy :) Scott and Tessa will be skating the SD at 16:09 EST according to the schedule.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/WC2012_IceDance_SD_TimeSchedule.pdf

Thanks for posting that link, I need to calculate when I should wake up cuz I plan on watching the ice dance and pairs competition live. Military time gives me a hard time lol.

That's would be a nice podium though I would put D/W in there too.

sequins
03-28-2012, 02:13 AM
And yes, why not win this year and next year ;)

and while they're at it throw in the year after that in Sochi, double gold:D, then I'm good.

IoanaC
03-28-2012, 02:24 AM
and while they're at it throw in the year after that in Sochi, double gold:D, then I'm good.

Oh yeah. Me too.:)

I hope they have another good practice tomorrow morning, before the big competition starts, as a confidence booster. I'll be there, but I may not have time to write anything, since the pairs SP begins shortly after.

walei
03-28-2012, 02:33 AM
I have decided to wake up at 3:15 AM to catch the SD, that's when Weaver / Poje will take the ice.

Starting to get nervous for them I really want them to win!

Emdee
03-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes, where is Pani.
Havent heard from her for the last few days!

Sahararainfall
03-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks for all the links to pics, videos and articles! So nervous now, but that's okay so long as VM themselves stay cool and confident.

Oh yeah. Me too.:)

I hope they have another good practice tomorrow morning, before the big competition starts, as a confidence booster. I'll be there, but I may not have time to write anything, since the pairs SP begins shortly after.

Thanks for all your reports here and at FF. Hope you have a great time watching the event. Don't worry about us, we'll just be wringing our fingers with nerves here. :lol:

Hope every competitor have a nice clean and safe skate. Good luck to Tessa and Scott and to the other skaters, but a little bit more extra to Scott and Tessa. :)

Sahararainfall
03-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Yes, where is Pani.
Havent heard from her for the last few days!

Maybe in her own bubble meditating. :lol: Part of me wants her to stay there as her worries can be too much on my nerves, but she is a fellow uber fan so come out come out now pani. Stop worrying and just enjoy Scott and Tessa's dance. Judging from the articles recently, we'll only just be seeing them competitively for the next 2 years so let us just enjoy every single second of it. Easier said than done I know. :lol:

Proustable
03-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Strangely enough, I'm not all that nervous.

If they win, I'll be ecstatic. If they don't, I'll be disappointed. But it won't change my opinion that their FD is a masterpiece, that their SD was flawed. It won't change the fact that for me Funny Face expanded them as skaters, and they were already prodigious before. It's wierd to think of Olympic champions as skaters with potential, but that's the case with these two. They are already one of the greatest teams in the history of the sport. That they are becoming better, and I believe they are, is simply astonishing to me.