PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
This might sound silly, but you know what? As long as they look as happy as they look right now, I don't care about the result. Performing should be about joy and they are projecting that.

bmcg
03-27-2012, 07:28 PM
This might sound silly, but you know what? As long as they look as happy as they look right now, I don't care about the result. Performing should be about joy and they are projecting that.

I almost think it's best they lose this year. Next year is better for a comeback.

martyross
03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Aw, I like that ending! Just about perfect for this program.

Scott looks hot... :shuffle:

he is handsome with that hair

Golightly
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I almost think it's best they lose this year. Next year is better for a comeback.

This is also true. It'll about momentum anyway, but who knows?

Bournekraatzfan
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much for the video, HSGP21! And thank you, Shayii, for attempting to post it! They are looking awesome, and that was :hat1: I am not crazy about the new SD ending, but I am hoping that what DORISPULASKI suggested is true in this case, and they will unveil a new one in competition (but I really loved the old one, and wish they could have kept that--really helped give it a ballroom feel). In any case, that was :kickass:

and thank you IoanaC for sharing your thoughts from the practice session. I hope you have a terrific time this week!
same to pingu! looking forward to reading your interviews!

and many thanks to marikat and frisette70 for those videos. WOW! I am loving the new ending! absolutely charming! They look so comfortable and smooth...and the opening pops even more. I love how their gorgeous lines are accentuated by these practice outfits. They really called my attention to how Tessa beautifully arches her back in some areas and then straightens out in others to convey changes in mood and show a different kind of movement. They really make me forget about the elements...everything is so seamless and effortless that I can just enjoy the skating and be swept away.

and I love seeing these little moments in the video frisette70 posted. so nice to see how much respect these dancers and coaches have for each other. I also noticed this in the FD practice videos. V&M and C&L smiled as they passed each other, and no one was trying to impede another skater. lovely to see.
Bet of luck to everyone tomorrow!:cheer:

aka_gerbil
03-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I would like to see them win this year and next year. Problem solved! :D

Bournekraatzfan
03-27-2012, 07:51 PM

not silly at all! I think you are so right. and they both radiate joy, don't they? so nice to see them enjoy the fruits of their labour:)

bmcg
03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I think that is the real SD ending :( Even if someone tells them they liked the old one better there isn't enough time to change the timing and placement of the last lift to get them back to center ice. For me it's an ill advised change tucked away in a corner where many will have to strain to see.

But they look happy and are skating well so I'll just sit back and enjoy the competition.

Golightly
03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I seem to be the only one who likes the new SD ending. It could be hot ;)

twinktwink
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Thankyou to everyone for the videos and links to articles. I'm getting so excited for tomorrow now!! They look so relaxed and happy. The videos of them practicing the fd are so fascinating. I love how when they're warming up alone and Scott skates up to Tessa he's teasing her and won't let her get a grip on his hand and then he ends up tickling her under the arm. Its lovely to see them having fun with each other :)

The sd is looking so quick and I like the new ending but agree it could be better placed on the ice. I loved the old ending but thought it was making the end of the routine look a little messy with the new music cut, this is much more streamlined.

The fd ending is way too cute, love it!

Its wonderful to see such lovely big smiles on their faces, warms the heart :)

Shayii
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Man, I love worlds! We're getting all these tidbits, reports, and vids I'm so happy and excited right now.

Interesting video here.... Love Pascal and Massimo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDW5Cwzxls&feature=context&context=C45ae735VDvjVQa1PpcFMBoW2FUztTA7FkB8G0n9G7 nsUH7NNdrkE=

There's something I like a lot about this video. I love how small the skating world is and everybody knows each other and are cordial to one another.

fd practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAOk8zgNTCE&feature=plcp&context=C4ff543aVDvjVQa1PpcFMBoW2FUztTA0psxT-aUd22ovy9EpX-peA%3D

Wow they just seem so ready for this. I think they should stay in their bubble for every competition they have from here on out. And yes like everybody else I love the new ending for FD. The new ending for the SD is not my favorite either, but it's not bad.

No! I want them to win lol! Besides they might look happy now, but I'm sure if they lose those smiles will be wiped off their faces despite what Scott says about it not being their main goal.

The beginning of this video is amusing, Tessa is not letting Scott hold her hand lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVp36WZLXY

aka_gerbil
03-27-2012, 08:43 PM
A few new articles:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2012/03/27/19556221.html
http://www.680news.com/sports/article/345404--canada-s-virtue-and-moir-say-their-better-prepared-than-they-have-been-in-years
http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/694156--virture-moir-peaking-at-right-time-for-worlds

sequins
03-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Interesting video here.... Love Pascal and Massimo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDW5Cwzxls&feature=context&context=C45ae735VDvjVQa1PpcFMBoW2FUztTA7FkB8G0n9G7 nsUH7NNdrkE=

...and let the rumours begins;) Especially if they don't win, a prelude of sorts.:lol:

Seriously though I liked that. I too appreciate that the skating world is so small and that the 'rivals' can get along.

sequins
03-27-2012, 09:26 PM
A few new articles:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2012/03/27/19556221.html

This one gets me a little misty-eyed, I can't believe 'the end' is nearing, yet I'm so glad that ending didn't come in 2010. As they say no matter what happens no one can ever take away what they've already accomplished, and instead of saying they have so much to lose, why can't they think about it as they and especially we, the fans have so much to gain instead.

aka_gerbil
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
This one gets me a little misty-eyed, I can't believe 'the end' is nearing, yet I'm so glad that ending didn't come in 2010. As they say no matter what happens no one can ever take away what they've already accomplished, and instead of saying they have so much to lose, why can't they think about it as they and especially we, the fans have so much to gain instead.

That one got me too. I'm not ready to think about the end, even if it is two years from now. I'm grateful as well that the end wasn't in 2010 as it so easily could have been, but I'm just not ready yet. In general, I'm not quite looking to the end of the 2013/2014 season because I have a feeling a lot of my favorites are going to call it a career. :wuzrobbed

The last time so many of my favorites retired from elgible competetion at the same time was 1994. Of course, that was a little easier to take as the post-whack boom was going strong and I think I got to see them all on tv at least 2 or 3 times a week.