PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

lavenderblue
03-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Ah. (https://twitter.com/#!/miltonatthespec/status/183969926422347776):

Saw Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir earlier at #figureskating rink in #Nice. They're feeling strong, confident. Should be great #ice dance event

pani
03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Ah. (https://twitter.com/#!/miltonatthespec/status/183969926422347776):

Saw Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir earlier at #figureskating rink in #Nice. They're feeling strong, confident. Should be great #ice dance event

Thank you! Ohhh....

Pratfall
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
:D Oh , my nerves ..here we go !

( and me with no strong drink in the house:eek: )

HSGP21
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Just because no one put a picture up on twitter or mentioned seeing them yet doesn't mean that they're not there yet! I've gotten the impression from the one little press article that they did last week that they're laying very low right now. Now, I just read this and didn't see it, but apparantly they even declined to be interviewed by CBC for their pre-worlds special.

I'd say that Lavenderblue is right and they're just not putting themselves out in front of journalists/photographers immediately after getting there.

It even seemed that that latest article on them was using recycled material... didn't we see a "back to basics" article this past fall before Skate Canada?? I doubt they had a pre-world teleconference...

Freep article : Michigan a Mecca for Talent (http://www.freep.com/article/20120325/SPORTS17/203250612/Michigan-a-mecca-for-figure-skating-talent)

elle123
03-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Now, I just read this and didn't see it, but apparantly they even declined to be interviewed by CBC for their pre-worlds special.

CBC Sports did a Worlds preview that I happened to catch yesterday and Brenda mentioned that she had gone down to Canton and V/M did decline to an interview choosing to focus on training but D/W provided them with one.

Sahararainfall
03-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Bubble, bubble pre-Worlds bubble, fire, burn, ice rink bubble. :)

Yeah! Go Scott and Tessa! Be very Zen about this, controlled power. Leave the nerves to us fans since we are so good at it. LOL!

pani
03-25-2012, 08:41 PM
CBC Sports did a Worlds preview that I happened to catch yesterday and Brenda mentioned that she had gone down to Canton and V/M did decline to an interview choosing to focus on training but D/W provided them with one.

Like this was last year - Brenda went to Canton and didnt found T-S there.
Look they feel a big pressure :(
D-W said to russian journalists they didnt afraid nothing, they are ready for second gold.
And this article from Detroit - they said D-W ad hibs improves since 4CC so T-S didnt? PR Wars.....

Shayii
03-25-2012, 09:12 PM
You're reading way too much into this Pani, like Sahararain hinted at Tessa and Scott probably declined to do interviews cuz they wanna isolate themselves like they did in the olympic year. I think that's a good thing, it's keeping them focused on what they need to do later on this week. Anyways I'm so excited and I get to watch the ice dance portion live since they have it so early on, I leave for spring break late Thursday night. And I don't wanna come right out and say it, but I'm feeling real good about this one!

pani
03-25-2012, 09:15 PM
. And I don't wanna come right out and say it, but I'm feeling real good about this one!

Why you dont want come out and say this? ts great you have positive eeling about competition. :)

Shayii
03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Why you dont want come out and say this? ts great you have positive eeling about competition. :)

Lol because I don't want to jinx them. And if what I'm seeing doesn't happen, I'll feel dumb for thinking it would.

pani
03-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Lol because I don't want to jinx them. And if what I'm seeing doesn't happen, I'll feel dumb for thinking it would.

Fingers crossed ;)

Sonata
03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd love to read more about V/M, but I respect their decision not to do any press. Looking back, coming in 2nd at GPF was a good thing for this team. As Scott mentioned in an interview at 4CC, they refocused on performance instead of results. Looking forward to watching the competition this week.

lavenderblue
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
It even seemed that that latest article on them was using recycled material... didn't we see a "back to basics" article this past fall before Skate Canada?? I doubt they had a pre-world teleconference...

I'm pretty sure they still had a conference call. Not only do I recall seeing a press release posted a week-and-a-half ago or so listing all the skaters participating (can't find the link now, but I think it was on the SIRC site that's had others), the Smith article says

“We kind of were back to the drawing board,” Virtue said this week. “And tried to come up with a solution that wasn’t a third surgery.”

martyross
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
yes tessa and scott are more reserved people - that is part of their charm (:
im looking forwar to tweets from the practice rink tomorrow and possibly a pic showing tessa's dress hehe. i too have positive feelings about sthe competition giving the mes.merizing skating they always put on the ice at worlds. butwathever the outcome ill be overjoyed to watch these two extraordinary dancers. i feel lucky. go my two warriors!

Shayii
03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
yes tessa and scott are more reserved people - that is part of their charm (:
im looking forwar to tweets from the practice rink tomorrow and possibly a pic showing tessa's dress hehe. i too have positive feelings about sthe competition giving the mes.merizing skating they always put on the ice at worlds.

Yea they're really private people even Scott who's naturally outgoing and social, I respect that about them though. Do you think Tessa is gonna have new costumes for their programs? I think she's gonna use the red dress for FF and the new pick dress for the SD (this one especially cuz it looks so expensive), but we'll see soon enough.