PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

HSGP21
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Interesting article : Ice Dancing With The Stars (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120315&content_id=27294476&vkey=ice_news)

Would love to see her thoughts on the short dance too (The whole comparing apples and oranges v oranges and oranges idea)

pani
03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting article : Ice Dancing With The Stars (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120315&content_id=27294476&vkey=ice_news)

Would love to see her thoughts on the short dance too (The whole comparing apples and oranges v oranges and oranges idea)

Thanks!
Honestly, i think she did better work with SDs, then Grinenko, consider teams, who worked with her.
After i saw her work with Evan, i wish she will work someday with T and S :) (i adore Anna and Evan Paso).
Its interesting opinion. Only few times i read, that Tessa overdo Scott, usually i read how Scott is good :D

I just wish he would find moments for himself to be more expressive."
I think Scott will be very expressive at WCh ;)
I agree with her about Maia. When i watch there practice video last time, i feel the same - Maia couldnt dance. But she is very young.

Cherub721
03-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I love Anna T, but Scott, not expressive? ROFL. :rofl: No.

aka_gerbil
03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I love Anna T, but Scott, not expressive? ROFL. :rofl: No.

Shared brain! The phrase "not expressive" is not what comes to mind when you think of Scott.

martyross
03-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Dunno, in the movie the star is Jo, so it's right that Tessa steals the scene...(and after all the "funny face" it's hers...although in certain moments Scott's is actually the funny one :P ).. as she did in Mahler after all.. so yes, it's because of his great ability to present his lady...but if you look at Scott through the routine, he's absolutely mesmerizing..gosh, the way he moves! i get stunned each time. reminds me of Umbrellas, that makes my jaw drop. his ability simply speaks of greatness all over, like Zhulin for example.

elle123
03-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I agree, I think Scott is very expressive and makes a great Fred and it only makes sense that Tessa stands out more. " It feels sometimes maybe she overpowers him. You tend to notice her more. I don't know if it's because of Scott's great ability to partner her and showcase her or it's something he maybe needs to do differently. ..." -- I think this is spot on but I'm not seeing WHY it's something he needs to do differently, especially with this program.

martyross
03-22-2012, 11:17 PM
If Ukranian National channel will show WCh i will give you link. They did great job at ECh - most translation was "live". But they didnt show WCh usually

thanks Pani, that's kind of you!

iggie
03-22-2012, 11:35 PM
actually, i have to make a real effort to watch tessa in ff. my eyes are drawn to scott.

martyross
03-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I'd really love to see PF skated when Tessa is healthy. The lifts in that program are particularly fab.

They should be considered legends just for skating that music, in the way they did.

it's fun to look back at that season and compare T&S's version with D&S's after a few years. D&S's one seems a little forgotten nowadays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChPXvaV01A
a mature, elegant program. but T&S had more fire and colour from the very first time they performed theirs.

Proustable
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I think that generally, Scott's more expressive. I think it takes Tessa longer to match his level of musical commitment, but when she does, she nails it right along with him. She loves Funny Face, and gets it more readily then she has with other choices in the past. But make no mistake - this is a dance of equals. I do think that Tessa does more with her face, but how Scott moves.... well, wow.

aka_gerbil
03-23-2012, 12:39 AM
When I watch V/M skate, I'm usually not drawn to one or the other over the either; I'm drawn to one unit they make up together when they skate. I'm not paying more attention to Scott or Tessa, but ScottTessa. They really do have that skating-as-one thing down. :)

Macassar88
03-23-2012, 01:35 AM
actually, i have to make a real effort to watch tessa in ff. my eyes are drawn to scott.

Yeah I always stare at him when I'm watching them.

martyross
03-23-2012, 01:43 AM
When I watch V/M skate, I'm usually not drawn to one or the other over the either; I'm drawn to one unit they make up together when they skate. I'm not paying more attention to Scott or Tessa, but ScottTessa. They really do have that skating-as-one thing down. :)

sometimes i play the video with the goal of following only one of the two, in order to not miss all the individual details and nuances, but soon i completely forget my purpose and end up observing the two of them united. even though i find them both adorable and impressive, it's their connection that makes FF great.

sequins
03-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Just to repeat I love Anna too but Scott not expressive enough?!? Also they are one of very few teams ever that I don't focus on one or the other more they are so equally brilliant and good at what they do.

Also this week is taking forever to end and I just want Worlds to start now. It feels like it's been forever.

aka_gerbil
03-23-2012, 01:59 AM
sometimes i play the video with the goal of following only one of the two, in order to not miss all the individual details and nuances, but soon i completely forget my purpose and end up observing the two of them united. even though i find them both adorable and impressive, it's their connection that makes FF great.

I've tried to do the same thing, but like you, I end up watching them together.

Their connection isn't just one of the things that makes FF great; it's one of the things that makes V/M great, period.