PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Rafter
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Get over yourself. No one said anything about you.

Pani posted her son's homophobic comment. I said I didn't particularly want to read that. How is that a personal attack?

I don't get why you don't have pani on ignore. :rolleyes:

As for the comment being homophobic, I'm not sure. I've certainly heard A LOT worse homophobic comments than that in my life. And let's face it, a lot of mens singles skaters, particularly those from NA, do skate effeminantely. Ie. Sandhu, Joey Russell, Abbott, Rippon, Weir, etc.

HSGP21
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120229&content_id=26917584&vkey=ice_news

Hmm... Polka can be combined with a waltz, march or polka... I hope Tessa and Scott go for a Waltz!

Is it me or do the Finnstep and the polka seem ridiculous to do in consecutive years, similarly "steppy" and upbeat. I want some deep, smooth edges!

sequins
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
For a minute there when I clicked that link on^ and saw Lil' Wayne I thought it was a mistake:lol: and I'm so ready to ditch the SD as it stands right now. A polka/waltz just sounds so wrong though I agree V&M should go for that.

Subway
03-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Maybe we couldnt, because some posters didnt care about T-S and want all time talking about pani and her comments. And even want to talk about old thread.
And all its only because Davis isnt breautifull in my opinion thats why you wish to talk about my son. Sorry, but i didnt let to do this anymore- talk about your childrends, but dont touch people who you didnt know.
Sorry, but i dont want to talk about this anymore, if Subway mad ethis thread not about V-M. That's not true it's because you introduced your son's opinion about single male skaters being gay. And you want to forbid people from reacting. I bet nobody wants to talk about your son but you should keep his opinions out of this thread if he has nothing to do with Virtue and Moir. Don't give us that - you made him part of the thread. Leave him out of it in the future and see how easy it is not to talk about him.

Subway
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't get why you don't have pani on ignore. :rolleyes:

As for the comment being homophobic, I'm not sure. I've certainly heard A LOT worse homophobic comments than that in my life. And let's face it, a lot of mens singles skaters, particularly those from NA, do skate effeminantely. Ie. Sandhu, Joey Russell, Abbott, Rippon, Weir, etc. Really - and what does "effeminately" have to do with gayness? It's not synonymous and many pairs and dance men are also girly. But it's good of you to list the effeminate ones in singles. That's productive.

It's still homophobic but to the real point, it's hypocritical to say "my son says" and pretend people are attacking your son and going off topic. pani thought her son's opinion was on topic. Whenever her opinions are challenged she acts like it's a personal attack. What is more personal than a son? Who brought it up? Her. She speculates about people she doesn't know all the time, especially when she disagrees or wants to manipulate them, but she calls attention to it if it happens to her.

Sonata
03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
For a minute there when I clicked that link on^ and saw Lil' Wayne I thought it was a mistake:lol: and I'm so ready to ditch the SD as it stands right now. A polka/waltz just sounds so wrong though I agree V&M should go for that.

The Lil'Wayne picture is funny. Made me imagine V/M doing hip hop. Then I remembered their more modern numbers - Everybody Dance Now and Pink Floyd - and I realized they would rock it :respec:

aka_gerbil
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120229&content_id=26917584&vkey=ice_news

Hmm... Polka can be combined with a waltz, march or polka... I hope Tessa and Scott go for a Waltz!

Is it me or do the Finnstep and the polka seem ridiculous to do in consecutive years, similarly "steppy" and upbeat. I want some deep, smooth edges!

I'm hoping they'll go for the waltz as well, and I also agree that doing the polka then the Finnstep in consecutive years is a little crazy. Let's have some variety, and as you said, deep, smooth edges.

I really wish that that the juniors and seniors were switched around for next year. I bet V/M would have rocked a Hip-Hop section. Haven't they both had Hip-Hop lessons? Or, maybe it's Scott that's had the Hip-Hop and Tessa who's had modern dance...

ETA:

The Lil'Wayne picture is funny. Made me imagine V/M doing hip hop. Then I remembered their more modern numbers - Everybody Dance Now and Pink Floyd - and I realized they would rock it

Hee! Shared brain. :)

elle123
03-01-2012, 01:49 AM

Hip hop and polka - what a dichotomous pair for the SD. Next year will definitely be challenging for jr skaters competing at sr nationals.

And I agree, I want to see more deep, smooth edges too! Regardless, Tessa and Scott will kill it!

Proustable
03-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Is the Finnstep guaranteed, though? I quite like the dance, but my understanding was that it wasn't set in stone.

The Accordion
03-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Good Lord.

I wonder if Virtue and Moir have ANY idea that they inspire threads with this kind of content!

I agree with the posters who say - let's get back to talking about Virtue and Moir!

jl22aries
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Aaand I have added two more to my ignore list.

Agree with a post in the last thread marveling about their gorgeous sd last year. I LOVED the concept, costumes, expression, execution. I think it is up there with their tango od and their quickstep ('05?) as far as my favorite non fd's go. And side note tessa's makeup and hair was perfection at their world's sd performance.

pani
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
The problem with using polka+waltz in ballroom style is next year SD with Finnstep pattern. This could be two SDs in similar styles. So its more reasonable to made polka SD in country style and to use ballroom style for the OG.
But T-S in ballroom SD could be unbeatable.

Emdee
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
The ballroom SD will show their lovely lines and elegant carriage. Will we see Scott in a Tux?

Pani, will you be in Sochi? Is the Finnstep confirmed.

pani
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
The ballroom SD will show their lovely lines and elegant carriage. Will we see Scott in a Tux?

Pani, will you be in Sochi? Is the Finnstep confirmed.

Yes and Scott in Tux look very elegant. But in Finnstep the y need to use this ballroom style...
I want to be in Sochi at GPF. ;) But i will not go at OG.

Subway
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
In book Tessa said her problems began from CDs in 2008. She felt pain at first only during CDs and they even stop practice CDs during some time. And she felt worst at 2008 WCh.
I was wonder they went at 4CC in 2009, because this was first and last time all team skated Finnstep and they didnt knew steps before. At 4CC its look for me like Tessa didnt know steps very well. But she is a fighter.

I don't know what the book said but previously Tessa has said it started in 2007 - around November. Maybe she meant 2007-2008 season.