PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Why V-M will not skate in USA SOI?

flowerpower
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM

I expect they would if they were asked, assuming it did not conflict with training and/or CSOI. USA SOI is in progress right now, so that prevents them from hiring eligible competing skaters (except perhaps for limited guest appearances).

If what you're really asking is whether USA SOI would be as willing to hire them as CSOI would be to hire D/W, and whether or not that relates to IMG representation, that is a question that I cannot answer, and which I'm not going to worry about. ;) They'll get the representation that suits them best, I expect. And they'll make a change if they find it necessary.

aka_gerbil
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I know. Next season they will have it all. They took all V-M shows :(
OK, but why they didnt ask Patrick, but ask D-W? :confused: And i think Canada have great ice dancers, who could skate in CSOI. And i think some pairs (Megan and Eric and Kirsten with Dylan) will be great like guests in this tour.
But Zueva put D-W everywhere - all tine bring them in Russia, even if V-M had better support in Moscow, now into Canada, because they need support at WCh in London.
Why V-M couldnt work on there own PR and there owm practice and choreo?

Simmer down. Not everything that happens is a conspiracy against V/M, Zoueva actually doesn't do the booking for CSOI, and there's nothing in this world that will make the crowd in London not support V/M. I think to say that they're beloved there is probably an understatement.

flowerpower
03-14-2012, 08:38 PM
V/M have incredible support in London, but being Worlds there will be an international crowd. I expect a lot of Americans will attend, and many Japanese fans, plus some Europeans as well.

There will be strong support for the skaters overall (though skating at home will no doubt be special, assuming V/M competes there).

DORISPULASKI
03-14-2012, 08:38 PM

Well, this year, D&W didn't get an invitation to skate in USA SOI either...There were only 10 tour stops, all of them before Worlds.

The decline of SOI in the USA is very sad. We'd love to see V&M skate here. Maybe next year. :bow:

pani
03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Simmer down. Not everything that happens is a conspiracy against V/M, Zoueva actually doesn't do the booking for CSOI, and there's nothing in this world that will make the crowd in London not support V/M. I think to say that they're beloved there is probably an understatemnt.

When V-M was asked to made dancing show in Halifax, they asked Zueva to made choreo and she brought all her USA teams there, when Canada had W-P and C-P, who wasnt represented in this show.
Zueva has a great influence on V-M. :P
Did CSOI asked russian teams, when they were main B-K competitiors?
Canada did even better promotion for D-W althe time, then they did for V-M.
I thought at least D-W will not skate at Canada in show.... But maybe USA and Canada are really close friends :) (like fomer USSR countries)

pani
03-14-2012, 08:43 PM
V/M have incredible support in London, but being Worlds there will be an international crowd. I expect a lot of Americans will attend, and many Japanese fans, plus some Europeans as well.

There will be strong support for the skaters overall (though skating at home will no doubt be special, assuming V/M competes there).

If VM will compete in London ;) Will wait what ahppened in Nce.

flowerpower
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
When V-M was asked to made dancing show in Halifax, they asked Zueva to made choreo and she brought all her USA teams there, when Canada had W-P and C-P, who wasnt represented in this show.
Zueva has a great influence on V-M. :P
Did CSOI asked russian teams, when they were main B-K competitiors?
Canada did even better promotion for D-W althe time, then they did for V-M.
I thought at least D-W will not skate at Canada in show.... But maybe USA and Canada are really close friends :) (like fomer USSR countries)

Keep in mind that the "Shall We Dance on Ice" show was a Disson-associated special. V/M were the headliners (as OGM's) but I doubt that they had any influence over hiring. I wish that W/P and/or C/P had been included, but it was essentially an American show.

ETA: I agree we do not yet know for sure what they will do next year. I am making no assumptions.

Shayii
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Elena Grinenko tweeted pictures with four Canton teams, including Tessa and Scott (https://twitter.com/#!/elenagrinenko/status/179704486510596097). :)

Thanks for posting that lavenderblue. It looks like Tessa is using Scott has a standing support lol.

D-W will be in CSOI. T-S are real angels i want to say....
http://www.starsonice.ca/news-mar12-12.php

Oh Pani why are you so paranoid lol. I mean what are Tessa and Scott supposed to say, ask them to ban M/C. I for one think it's cool that all four of them are gonna be in a show together, I hope they do a group number with just the four of them.

pani
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
It looks like Tessa is using Scott has a standing support lol.

She wish to look super-thin :D (i mean she is thin, but every girls wish to look even thiner on photos).

Oh Pani why are you so paranoid lol. I mean what are Tessa and Scott supposed to say, ask them to ban M/C. I for one think it's cool that all four of them are gonna be in a show together, I hope they do a group number with just the four of them.

If Sсott will skate with Meryl i will have heart attack :lol:

I hate, when people thinking about them like about 4. Why not thinking about them like about 6? (D-W, V-M, Shibs). Or like about 10? (V-M, D-W, Shibs, C-B, T-S). They could skate like synchro skaters :lol:
I think this is what Marina want to do. She said after WCh - she did from individual sport team sport :D
This is good for group, but V-M beter, then this (IMHO). Maybe i am wrong and they are really the same skaters, like all other Canton teams :)

flowerpower
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
^^
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but D/W are only guesting in three cities. Typically guests just do one number (or sometimes two) of their own. The group number choreo and transitions are planned out for the regular cast members. We might see V/M and W/P together - now that would be a treat!

clarie
03-14-2012, 10:10 PM

That would be really neat if they did that :).

martyross
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
^^
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but D/W are only guesting in three cities. Typically guests just do one number (or sometimes two) of their own. The group number choreo and transitions are planned out for the regular cast members. We might see V/M and W/P together - now that would be a treat!

i can survive the disappointment at this news :D

pani
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
^^
We might see V/M and W/P together - now that would be a treat!

Andrew could made liftes with Scott, like they did on podium at 4CC. :D

martyross
03-14-2012, 10:24 PM
i adore the pic with Elena Grinenko. Tessa and Scott look almost angelic (sappy thing to say i know)