PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Easily? I don't think any team, including the legendary Torvill & Dean, could easily do that Bollywood OD. Not saying they couldn't do it, just that it wouldn't be easy. And I'm not sure V/M could do drama like Samson & Delilah or Prince Igor. Maybe they could but we really haven't seen them do drama. On the other hand, D/W can't do romance like V/M. Both teams have their strengths. No need to tear one team down to build up another.

I just don't understand the sensitivity to any D&W comment that isn't 100% positive.

We can discuss all of the other dancers without the bad feelings that come along with any D&W critique. V&M, P&B, W&P, the Shibs. I&K and B&S in particular can be discussed in very blunt and sometimes unflatering terms yet mention anything about D&W and it causes bad feelings. :confused:

And IMO, T&D probably could have skated to Bollywood. And I also believe that teams that came along in the era when the circular or diagonal footwork sequences were required could also skate it. I'm talking about teams such as DelShoes, DenStavs and even DomShabs pre injury. Of course those teams could also probably skate V&M's programs. DelShoes and DomShabs probably wouldn't be able to match the emotion and chemistry V&M have but I think they could have handled the technical difficulty required.

Long story short, I don't think saying that V&M could skate the Bollywood OD is an insult and clearly wasn't meant that way. I don't understand why it was taken as such.

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking since nothing will really be going on until Worlds.

Shayii
03-12-2012, 02:41 AM
yuk yuk!

http://www.imagehost.it/di-VFOU.jpg

Lmao wth is this lol :lol:.

Actually, I am not tearing down D&W at all. I really do enjoy their performances. Just think V&M are the superior team.

Elle,you are right about the written word but sometimes its funny to see people get so riled up by the simplest of statements. Also hate their vicious attacks against Pani.

To me it does sometimes look like we are tearing down another team to bring up V/M IMO. And as much as I have come to like pani (I'll admit it I find her amusing and it would be boring without her), she can be an instigator and that's why she gets a lot of those posts directed towards her, though I don't agree with vicious personal attacks.

Moving on, worlds is just two weeks away!! I'm gonna be so nervous I probably wouldn't be able to watch.

zilam98
03-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Lmao wth is this lol :lol:.

To me it does sometimes look like we are tearing down another team to bring up V/M IMO. And as much as I have come to like pani (I'll admit it I find her amusing and it would be boring without her), she can be an instigator and that's why she gets a lot of those posts directed towards her, though I don't agree with vicious personal attacks.

Moving on, worlds is just two weeks away!! I'm gonna be so nervous I probably wouldn't be able to watch.

heck, if i have every opportunity to watch it, i would. cant wait for it!

lavenderblue
03-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Not to keep this going significantly, but I do just want to add this, touching a bit upon Shayii's observation:

Elle,you are right about the written word but sometimes its funny to see people get so riled up by the simplest of statements. Also hate their vicious attacks against Pani.

At what point will pani's own twisting of comments from even V/M fans -- including, apparently, support for a blues FD = working PR for Davis and White, because that makes sense -- and attacks upon those of whom she's less than fond become seen as one source of the "vicious attacks" leveled against her?

zilam98
03-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Not to keep this going significantly, but I do just want to add this, touching a bit upon Shayii's observation:

At what point will pani's own twisting of comments from even V/M fans -- including, apparently, support for a blues FD = working PR for Davis and White, because that makes sense -- and attacks upon those of whom she's less than fond become seen as one source of the "vicious attacks" leveled against her?

when pani threatens to quit the board, becomes MIA, and doesnt post for a while. then the board becomes less amusing/funny/entertaining because she's not around :shuffle: of course, there are some people who would rather prefer it that way than having more sensible--and civilized--discussions...

it's kinda like how some hollywood people are targetting the kardashians for making money out of entertaining people with their "idiocy" (not that im saying pani is being one), but hey, the kardashians are entertaining! ;) again, this is just an analogy, to make it clear

pani
03-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Easily? I don't think any team, including the legendary Torvill & Dean, could easily do that Bollywood OD. Not saying they couldn't do it, just that it wouldn't be easy. And I'm not sure V/M could do drama like Samson & Delilah or Prince Igor. Maybe they could but we really haven't seen them do drama. On the other hand, D/W can't do romance like V/M. Both teams have their strengths. No need to tear one team down to build up another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zcOyzAqHeA

Honestly, i wish V-M will made something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N3F0miVEs&feature=related

pani
03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
You're welcome! It's just silly to think that V/M need to be turned into a clone of D/W or vice-versa.

But how V-M could be D-W clones?
Look at Moir at 2010 WCH CD (Golden waltz) and White in this year FD - nothing common? ;)
They could work with this music in different way, with listnening the rythm and this will be totally dfferent program, then run-run-run.

@elenagrinenko
Elena Grinenko
In #Detroit to work w/ @CharlieaWhite & @Meryl_Davis, Scott & Tessa :-) super exited, love working with ice dancers

O, no. Please, dont touch Tessa and Scott anymore :(

pani
03-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Sorry, guys, if i really support V-M over D-W i think its better for me stay back from this thread, becasue look like i MUST LOVE D-W. I never will, sorry :D

lavenderblue
03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes, this made thread easy and civilized, when talking all the time about V-M weekness :lol:
Sorry, guys, if i really support V-M over D-W i think its better for me stay back from this thread, becasue look like i MUST LOVE D-W. I never will, sorry :D

I'm curious what methods of rebuttal you have that don't involve telling someone who disagrees with some non-D/W-related point of yours that they are in the tank for D/W.

Emdee
03-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Pani just ignore and laugh - I do. You have a lot interesting comments and ideas which I find interesting . Now I know you hve a penchant for stirring the pot - but that can be interesting as well!

So how many days to worlds?

martyross
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
You have a lot interesting comments and ideas which I find interesting . Now I know you hve a penchant for stirring the pot - but that can be interesting as well!

agree. these naysayers...they're just jealous we have Pani...and they not.

:P

Who's Elena Grinenko?

martyross
03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
when pani threatens to quit the board, becomes MIA, and doesnt post for a while.

what does MIA stand for? Made In America? :confused:

zotza
03-12-2012, 01:13 PM
14 days still?
I'm getting excited:cool:

I don't think we try to bring down another team to support V/M.It's just that some of us are only fans of one of the Canton teams and sometimes we don't like the idea of "team sport".But that's the beauty of being a skating fan,and especially an ice dancing one.You can never find people that have the same opinion as you,and there is always some kind of "drama":drama:

Proustable
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
what does MIA stand for? Made In America? :confused:

missing in action.

Rafter
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
David Pelltier was working with them in an "agent" role near the Olympics... what moron thought he would be good at that?

I agree. They were also working with an NHL agent out of Calgary at the time of the Olympics as well.

I wonder if they are being represented by Tessa's dad who is a lawyer. Or the part of his law firm that handles sports management.