PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

zilam98
03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Once again, Funny Face is technically undefeated this year.

IMO, V/M skating to a blues program would be the exact opposite of boring. I'm thinking more along the lines that they'd manage to set the ice on fire. :kickass::smokin:

my thoughts exactly! :respec:

pani
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
W&P chose this season's FD music based on a fan tweet, so maybe there's hope? ;)

Where V-M will found fans tweet? :lol:
But i am sure, they will not use any music if we will post it at any place in internet. They didnt made this with music fans gave them on disc after OG and in Moscow. Belive me, that music was better then FF ;)
But again - music could be good, but they could use typical Zueva choreo, no?
I mean in FF they could show how book-store girl become a top-model, but they made on more simple and sweet FD :(

pani
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
my thoughts exactly! :respec:

"the first love FD again, again eyes to eyes one more time. Boring"
Thats what FSU will tell again.

zilam98
03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
"the first love FD again, again eyes to eyes one more time. Boring"
Thats what FSU will tell again.

blues and first love? oh boy, you sure know your music.

Bournekraatzfan
03-11-2012, 07:49 PM
IMO, V/M skating to a blues program would be the exact opposite of boring. I'm thinking more along the lines that they'd manage to set the ice on fire. :kickass::smokin:

ohhh yeaaahhh.....;:hat1:

pani
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Do you work on D-W PR? :))))))))))))))))
V-M in best case will have only 2 FDs. They spend one FD on something, like FF :( If they must lose all time to ideal ice dancers, i wish they will show something realy innovated, unusual, mature.
Yes, in Delobel-Shonfelder style.

aka_gerbil
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Exactly. The Blues are definitely not first love. Led Zep is most certainly, definitely not about young, innocent first love. Not by a long shot.

pani
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Exactly. The Blues are definitely not first love. Led Zep is most certainly, definitely not about young, innocent first love. Not by a long shot.

And all will sleep during this LZ song. Thats what V-M must to do, yesss.

zilam98
03-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Do you work on D-W PR? :))))))))))))))))
V-M in best case will have only 2 FDs. They spend one FD on something, like FF :( If they must lose all time to ideal ice dancers, i wish they will show something realy innovated, unusual, mature.
Yes, in Delobel-Shonfelder style.

boy are you PARANOID!!! im not promoting d/w or anything. READ AGAIN, PANI! dont be short-sighted or closed-minded. just because someone else disagrees with you about v/m doesnt mean they are for the rival team. again, are you LITERATE, pani? for sure, english is not your first language (heck, probably not even second language. it's not my first language either), but dont go around accusing people or making insinuations like that just because you'd like to think you're the biggest v/m fan in this board. you can disagree, but you dont have to bash around like that.

Bournekraatzfan
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
... The FD only works when they have the correct facial expressions, the correct hand movements, the timing just so, etc. None of their previous FDs were so dependent on correct expression.

This FD was really a stretch for them. ... This time, they are re-creating a musical, on ice. To do it right, they have to look and move exactly the way Fred and Audrey did. They have to watch the movie hundreds of times to understand the subtle movements that make the image look the way it did, and then adapt it onto ice. That's incredibly hard, and requires artistic skills that I don't think any other team in the world has at the moment.

Even if they don't win, I think this program was absolutely the right step for them at this time. This program really focused on their artistic side, teaching them to focus on expression, and how to play to the audience. Now they have next year to take it to another level, and be ready for the Olympics. I credit Marina for bringing this idea back to them.

going back several pages....
I wholeheartedly concur with the above sentiments. beautifully stated, sap5. Can you have a chat with the judges? ;)

Seriously, though, it is those subtle nuances that go into making this grand program...that is what makes FF so special for me. They don't just rely on the music to take them where they need to go...they work with the music to build that connection to the audience. They bring the characters, the era, and the spirit of the film to life. and just as you said, no matter what the competitive result, this is a decision they can be happy with. They did something no other team is doing right now (to my knowledge), and it is something that makes them so happy.

iggie
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
is it okay for me not to post in my blog (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com/) till worlds? or should i find some way to keep it up over the next few weeks? if so, any ideas?

aka_gerbil
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
is it okay for me not to post in my blog (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com/) till worlds? or should i find some way to keep it up over the next few weeks? if so, any ideas?

I think it would be fine. There's not much of anything coming out right now. :)

iggie
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
thanks and thanks again for finding the article on the teachers, aka gerbil.

if anyone finds articles or photos or videos from this season that they want me to upload to the blog, send me a pm. i'm usually reading the stuff here anyway and posting the interesting info.

Emdee
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I would really like something smoking hot - mature love - sultry - sexy with tones of raw emotion like I saw in Farrucas.

aka_gerbil
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
thanks and thanks again for finding the article on the teachers, aka gerbil.

You're welcome!

I would really like something smoking hot - mature love - sultry - sexy with tones of raw emotion like I saw in Farrucas.

Exactly. I think a blues number would do all of that--smoking hot, mature love, sultry, sexy, raw emotion, etc. It would be using their connection, but in a very grown-up way.

ETA: I think the very last thing they need to do is skate a program like what D/W would skate (kind of like how the last thing D/W would need to try would be to skate a program like V/M would skate). V/M and D/W are stylistically quite different, and what works for one isn't going to work for the other. It's just silly to think that V/M need to be turned into a clone of D/W or vice-versa.

ETA: From Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/elenagrinenko/status/178938886096031744

@elenagrinenko
Elena Grinenko
In #Detroit to work w/ @CharlieaWhite & @Meryl_Davis, Scott & Tessa :-) super exited, love working with ice dancers