PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Zazy
03-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry, if this offend D-W ubers, but they could not read V-M thread ;)

Um, the last two people who have complained are V/M fans. :shuffle:

I've been reading this thread since the very beginning and it's kind of sad to see what it has turned into. So V/M are perfect in every way while D/W are the devil incarnate. D/W are ugly, mean, fake, creepy, should be happier when they lose, should refuse to accept their over-generous marks, etc. Right?

Gotta love fan wars.

pani
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Um, the last two people who have complained are V/M fans. :shuffle:

I've been reading this thread since the very beginning and it's kind of sad to see what it has turned into. So V/M are perfect in every way while D/W are the devil incarnate. D/W are ugly, mean, fake, creepy, should be happier when they lose, should refuse to accept their over-generous marks, etc. Right?

Gotta love fan wars.

Did you read this thread? Most people think V-M must be happy with silver, Scott is a devil and haughty and didnt get his lose in right way.

clarie
03-11-2012, 01:02 PM
OK.........can we please get this thread on track again!!!!!! :(

Emdee
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
OK back on track it is. I just hate when the attacks get personal.

How many days to worlds?

Will be an exciting next two months for me
worlds. team trophy and CSOI. I have on ice tickets for the last so shall really enjoy the show. Hope they do FF.

I think CBC is doing a good job with broadcasting here but unfortunately I will have to see the events in the evening except for friday and of course the weekend.

pani
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
OK back on track it is. I just hate when the attacks get personal.

How many days to worlds?

Will be an exciting next two months for me
worlds. team trophy

Two weeks ;)
Are you sure they will skate at Team trophy?

HSGP21
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Any reports of them being in attendance at the "one year to go" party for worlds in London yesterday. Seems they would be the perfect people to attend...!

sammyhi
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Agree.
And i know a lot off people hate V-M only because they skate "first love" all the time, like they think. So i am not wonder, there competitors think the same ;)
This is really funny, because people start hate them only because they didnt update there personal life every week-end :D

First of all Pani, you're wrong, no one hates V-M, and I think it shows your team disrespect to say so. Perhaps fans like to see their favorite skaters do a variety of types of programs, but no one has ever even implied hatred for these two. And secondly, you don't know what other people are thinking, so to say "people start hate them" because they don't update their lives, makes you sound like you're some kind of mind reader, that knows what other people are thinking. Besides, didn't they write a book detailing some personal information about her journey through competing with a painful injury and how it affected them both on a pretty intimate level? And then go on a book tour and give many interviews along the way discussing their lives both on and off the ice? Did you forget about that when you say that they like to fly under the radar? It's part of what skaters at this level are expected to do- so stop throwing stones while you're living in a glass house and try to enjoy the competitive nature of the sport.

pani
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
First of all Pani, you're wrong, no one hates V-M, and I think it shows your team disrespect to say so. Perhaps fans like to see their favorite skaters do a variety of types of programs, but no one has ever even implied hatred for these two. And secondly, you don't know what other people are thinking, so to say "people start hate them" because they don't update their lives, makes you sound like you're some kind of mind reader, that knows what other people are thinking. Besides, didn't they write a book detailing some personal information about her journey through competing with a painful injury and how it affected them both on a pretty intimate level? And then go on a book tour and give many interviews along the way discussing their lives both on and off the ice? Did you forget about that when you say that they like to fly under the radar? It's part of what skaters at this level are expected to do- so stop throwing stones while you're living in a glass house and try to enjoy the competitive nature of the sport.

Did you read this thread? People unhapy, becasue V- didnt update there official site. ;) Thats what i mean. I agree with you - this two did a lot off job in relations with FS fans. They work with speciall Olympics. But didnt post this in internet.
As for hating. I think yoiu read FSU all time and what people talking about V-M every season.

zilam98
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, yes. There's quite a bit off that first album that could work beautifully -- "I Can't Quit You Baby" would be another I'd suggest. Damn near epic for sure.

i have always suggested a blues fd for them. my only concern is what fast songs will do justice with an overall blues theme/rhythm? they cant do an entire fd with slow rhythm; they have to mix it up with some fast rhythms.

Emdee
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I am fairly sure that they will be at the Team event. The money is good and I noticed the CSOI schedule is adjusted for that this year.

pani
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I am fairly sure that they will be at the Team event. The money is good and I noticed the CSOI schedule is adjusted for that this year.

I ask, because look, like team Russia want to send not there best skaters, according ISU raiting - Kawaguti-Smirnov and Liza Tuktamisheva. Thats why i think - mayby another team will send not there best skaters too?

Blues FD. They could use one music in arrengement in different tempo.

nuge
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
it's very subtle: in the podium pics, the silver medalists have always less enthusiastic smiles :lol: yes, i think eyes tell the real feeling. i like spotting these little moments of truth in a very plastered sport.

Remember the year FP/M took the world gold and A/P got silver ? Marina Anissina couldn't disguise her feelings on the photos :(

Bournekraatzfan
03-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I like this music too, Kerry Muzzey's Bernini's Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRf7EPHzrSU).

This is beautiful and I think V&M could do something really interesting with it. It would showcase their power and fluidity, I think. There are so many great music suggestions in this thread--it would be cool if V&M saw them.

shan
03-11-2012, 06:20 PM
ETA: Yes I like The Water a lot. I think why I love these choices is cuz I think they have the potential to be real modern and different something I really want them to do. I like this music too, Kerry Muzzey's Bernini's Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRf7EPHzrSU).

"Bernini's Angels" is beautiful!

HSGP21
03-11-2012, 06:36 PM
"Bernini's Angels" is beautiful!

What a nice contrast to the Polka that would be.... I can only imagine the crowd's response in the John Lebatt center!