PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree partly with Pani.
I dont think Meryl Davis is an angel like some see her. Even if you watch the Vancouver podium situation she seemed to be bristling that it had slipped past her. Scott honestly displayed his emotions at the GPFand got tanned for it but he was outright and honest with his feelings. Somehow I feel a sense of unease when I watch Meryl congratulate T& S - this over the years there is not that openness. She tries to hide it but the smile does not reach her beautiful eyes . just IMO of course

And Pani I agree why is it that Charlie does not look at her openly and honestly except when they are acting the dance!
it's very subtle: in the podium pics, the silver medalists have always less enthusiastic smiles :lol: yes, i think eyes tell the real feeling. i like spotting these little moments of truth in a very plastered sport.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Would V/M make a similar statement, it would definitely be a bitter one and definitely targeting their rivals and I have this feeling quite a few people would rush to crucify them but when it comes to other skaters, it's just "refreshing honesty" and ''thank God somebody speaks their mind in this world of fake smiles.":lol:

:respec:

Proustable
03-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Whatever.

As for what should they skate (gala or otherwise)....

I don't care what they skate to for polka. Hopefully it's not too much polka to handle.

For their FD next season, I want a blues/rock number. The ratio of blues and rock can vary, but a Led Zeppelin medley (with "You Shook Me" as part of it) would be damn near epic. It would be different enough that it would make people stand-up and take notice, rely and expand upon their desire to portray character, still allow them their on-ice relationship (some of Led Zep's stuff is very sexy) and memorable moments. It has the contrast against the short dance (ideal in general) Ideally, Ingo Steur would choreograph it, but you can't have everything.

I want two gala presentations next season. One to something by MIA - "Sunshowers" or "Amazon." They have really complex beats that I think would be marvelously entertaining to see them move to. Perversely, I also want to see them skate to something menacing/off putting -like "The Immigrant Song" as sung by Karen O (on the Fincher/English version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo")

As for the Olympic season, I most definitely do not want a Tango. They did a tango in the 04/05 season. They did "Malaguena" the next. They had the Tango OD, the Tango CD (twice) and their first SD was a Tango/Waltz mix. I like the ballet idea, but I wonder if the audible beat rule would impede that. I think FF is actually good training for the Finnstep (as near as I can tell), but I can imagine it being considered lesser if it's too close to the earlier FD.

For their gala during the Olympic season, Joni Mitchell's "River."

taf2002
03-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Every time I come to this thread I see pani talking about D/W & Meryl Davis in particular. But if someone else mentions her then pani says she comes to this thread to discuss V/M & to please not mention D/W. :confused:

Where did all the hate come from? Did she kill your dog?

sarakimm
03-11-2012, 02:40 AM
After reading this thread I am mystified by one thing....who or what is pani????

elle123
03-11-2012, 03:28 AM
After reading this thread I am mystified by one thing....who or what is pani????

Pani is a regular poster who usually elicits plenty of castigation.

In any case, can't wait to see Scott and Tessa's new exhibition piece. Hopefully it will be skated as newly crowned world champions!

martyross
03-11-2012, 04:04 AM

the short form of panic?

zilam98
03-11-2012, 04:30 AM
the short form of panic?

panic! at the disco :lol:

rustyskater
03-11-2012, 05:18 AM
I agree, who is panti?

lavenderblue
03-11-2012, 05:24 AM
For their FD next season, I want a blues/rock number. The ratio of blues and rock can vary, but a Led Zeppelin medley (with "You Shook Me" as part of it) would be damn near epic. It would be different enough that it would make people stand-up and take notice, rely and expand upon their desire to portray character, still allow them their on-ice relationship (some of Led Zep's stuff is very sexy) and memorable moments. It has the contrast against the short dance (ideal in general) Ideally, Ingo Steur would choreograph it, but you can't have everything.

Yes, yes. There's quite a bit off that first album that could work beautifully -- "I Can't Quit You Baby" would be another I'd suggest. Damn near epic for sure.

aka_gerbil
03-11-2012, 05:47 AM
For their FD next season, I want a blues/rock number. The ratio of blues and rock can vary, but a Led Zeppelin medley (with "You Shook Me" as part of it) would be damn near epic.

Yes, yes. There's quite a bit off that first album that could work beautifully -- "I Can't Quit You Baby" would be another I'd suggest. Damn near epic for sure.

Yes and yes on those particular Led Zep choices. I've listened to more blues music as of late than I care to admit to, but this would be PERFECT. (FWIW, they're skating very well to this in my head. ;))

geoskate
03-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Why is this thread so obsessed with Davis and White?

I come here to read discussion about Virtue and Moir. I prefer the positive comments about them, because I'm a huge fan, but I find the few negative comments interesting, if wrong (IMO).

I don't see how all the Davis/White comments are particularly relevant to the thread title. For me being a Virtue/Moir fan doesn't mean that I have to be anti-Davis/White (for that matter, it doesn't mean that I have to even be interested in D/W) so I don't understand why this thread often becomes more of a negative-Davis/White thread than a positive-Virtue/Moir thread.

Wouldn't it be more practical to start an non-UBER Davis/White thread for those who wish to post negative Davis/White comments, and leave this thread for actual discussion of Virtue/Moir?

Emdee
03-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Pani is a passionate and ardent fan of T&S. I certainly missed her frank comments when she was MIA.

Why shouldnt the thread mention D&W they are currently their greatest and only competitors? IMO comparison is a natural biproduct. Sometimes the board can be a bit vicious but sometimes the most innocent fact when stated will arouse the ire of the D&W crowd and bring on post after post of castigation.

I do enjoy some of the aspects of D&W skating but I do recognize where they fall short in comparison to T&S. Why should I not say so? Life is not all lovey dovey.

Shayii
03-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Wow so many things seem to happen in a small time span on this thread lol. Anyways I agree with geoskate. Sure comparisons between M/C and T/S will naturally come up, but man it seems to happen very often and it's all negative, it just rubs me the wrong way so I just ignore it and pay attention to the positive. Lol proustable I love how you have the next two years planned out for them. We need to come up with a plan, it'll be like mission impossible how to get some of these great ideas everybody is coming up with to Tessa and Scott lol. And a song I would like not necessarily love to see them do an ex to just for fun is ET by Katy Perry.

pani
03-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Pani is a passionate and ardent fan of T&S. I certainly missed her frank comments when she was MIA..

I do not want you to disappoint, but I wasn't MIA :D

Ms Davis came in this thread, becasue of her words about V-M ;)
And why D-W ubers could post all that about negative posts about T-S after GPF and 4CC? And why i couldnt discuss what Ms Davis said in interview?
Sorry, if this offend D-W ubers, but they could not read V-M thread ;)

And as for "panic" :D Yes, its truth, because when all of you want D-W gold and will be so happy for them and with V-M silver, i will not :(
I dont like when people destroy natural talent :(