PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fort
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
"Normal teenager". I'd expect, one who can attend all his/her classes, because training doesn't cut in. Able to hang out with friends, whenever. Not giving up important social events to leave the country on a competition. Staying up late, sleeping in, instead of heading for the rink every morning. Basically, not having a full time job on top of the regular school experience. It was an interview, not a script thought out in advance.

So, getting back to VM... anyone have any guesses as to what type of exhibition piece VM will do next?

pani
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
So, getting back to VM... anyone have any guesses as to what type of exhibition piece VM will do next?

Now i am sure, this will be another "play with the media" and will be something about love and romantic, if Ms Davis nervouse so much :D
And i think they will skate "FF" at CSOI.

shan
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
still don't like the way her words sound. "play with the media"..."pretend"...say what you want, it comes off bad. and to say it all, even the "We realized we didnít like just being normal teenagers" is snob. what is a normal teenager? even a girl/boy who doesn't do ice dance can be extraordinary in many ways. *shrughs*

Seriously? :rofl:

pani
03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Seriously? :rofl:

A-ha :P Unpleasent thruth.

Fort
03-10-2012, 05:23 PM
And i think they will skate "FF" at CSOI.

I think they will, too, but they will still need another piece, and I don't think it'll be the latin. Maybe this time they'll go for something a modern, a little edgy, to contrast with a FF ex.

pani
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I think they will, too, but they will still need another piece, and I don't think it'll be the latin. Maybe this time they'll go for something a modern, a little edgy, to contrast with a FF ex.

FF is fast, thats why i think another number will be slow, romatic and about love ;)

shan
03-10-2012, 05:30 PM
A-ha :P Unpleasent thruth.

again I say Seriously? :rofl:

pani
03-10-2012, 05:33 PM
again I say Seriously? :rofl:

Seriously nt everyone see angels wings on Davis :saint:

HSGP21
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Seriously nt everyone see angels wings on Davis :saint:

Are you a fan of Tessa and Scott's, or do you just want to see Meryl and Charlie suffer? Seems to be a fine line....

pani
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Are you a fan of Tessa and Scott's, or do you just want to see Meryl and Charlie suffer? Seems to be a fine line....

I am not D-W fan, i dont like what they did with ice dance and i see, what they are doing and talking about without pink glasses ;)
Like not V-M fans see them - without pink glasses ;)

shan
03-10-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't see angels wings on anyone. No one is perfect. But saying that they didn't want to be normal teenagers is not a bad thing.

VarBar
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think it is necessarily directed at V and M, and I don't think it's necessarily a bitter statement. Tessa and Scott have gone above and beyond at times saying that they are NOT a couple in the media. None of their 'close' moments seem forced or staged... if anything, I'd argue perhaps they do the opposite "No this is normal, it's not because we're dating it's because we have known each other for so long."

Would V/M make a similar statement, it would definitely be a bitter one and definitely targeting their rivals and I have this feeling quite a few people would rush to crucify them but when it comes to other skaters, it's just "refreshing honesty" and ''thank God somebody speaks their mind in this world of fake smiles.":lol:

pani
03-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Would V/M make a similar statement, it would definitely be a bitter one and definitely targeting their rivals and I have this feeling quite a few people would rush to crucify them but when it comes to other skaters, it's just "refreshing honesty" and ''thank God somebody speaks their mind in this world of fake smiles.":lol:

Agree.
And i know a lot off people hate V-M only because they skate "first love" all the time, like they think. So i am not wonder, there competitors think the same ;)
This is really funny, because people start hate them only because they didnt update there personal life every week-end :D

elle123
03-10-2012, 06:08 PM
To be honest, I don't think Meryl meant Tessa and Scott, I was just joking about it. Tessa and Scott have never teased the media about being a couple, fans and media are the ones who kept bringing that up, and they always brought a stop to that, saying they were just friends.

Now, it's funny that on the pic they used for the article, Charlie cannot still bring himself to look at Meryl's eyes :D

As for this PR debate. V-M do not owe anything to anyone, so not having an up-to-date web site does not, in any way, mean that they are "letting many fans down". They are private people, they don't do Twitter, Scott only posts those few things on his FB page, but other than that? They like to keep a low profile. I think it's also a cultural thing: Americans tend to be more marketing-oriented, it's how they conduct business. So, yeah, basically I don't think V-M care about that, and that it's very valid to me. It's their life, their career, not their fans'.

I think your viewpoints are right on. I wonder how much (if any) of the marketing is a product of pressure from the respective unions.

You know when you watch a movie where you have two very talented actors but they have no chemistry together(and no, I'm not referring to romantic chemistry)? It leaves something to be desired. I think this is something Charlie and Meryl really need to work on still but they really are very talented.

Emdee
03-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I agree partly with Pani.
I dont think Meryl Davis is an angel like some see her. Even if you watch the Vancouver podium situation she seemed to be bristling that it had slipped past her. Scott honestly displayed his emotions at the GPFand got tanned for it but he was outright and honest with his feelings. Somehow I feel a sense of unease when I watch Meryl congratulate T& S - this over the years there is not that openness. She tries to hide it but the smile does not reach her beautiful eyes . just IMO of course

And Pani I agree why is it that Charlie does not look at her openly and honestly except when they are acting the dance!