PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

HSGP21
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think it is necessarily directed at V and M, and I don't think it's necessarily a bitter statement. Tessa and Scott have gone above and beyond at times saying that they are NOT a couple in the media. None of their 'close' moments seem forced or staged... if anything, I'd argue perhaps they do the opposite "No this is normal, it's not because we're dating it's because we have known each other for so long."

skatingfan04
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Funny, because I've never one seen any couple pretend to be together. Being affectionate towards each other doesn't mean that they're trying to start up dating rumours. It just means their friends. It's the fans that start all of those silly rumours up. Strange statement from Meryl (although I am seeing it out of context).

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQADqQRO0UU&feature=context&context=C4769539VDvjVQa1PpcFMYgqoS6agco6H9ft46MVAZ y-EIdtjMSGk=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hW8OnvSVY&feature=context&context=C4769539VDvjVQa1PpcFMYgqoS6agco6H9ft46MVAZ y-EIdtjMSGk=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvncVAD4MY8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eg1febRVR0&feature=related

They seem to be about 13 or 14 in these.:D Does anyone else find it odd (and strangely prophetic, given what we know now) that the ISU used a couple of 14 year olds for their compulsory dance instructional videos?

pani
03-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Funny, because I've never one seen any couple pretend to be together. Being affectionate towards each other doesn't mean that they're trying to start up dating rumours. It just means their friends. It's the fans that start all of those silly rumours up. Strange statement from Meryl (although I am seeing it out of context).

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQADqQRO0UU&feature=context&context=C4769539VDvjVQa1PpcFMYgqoS6agco6H9ft46MVAZ y-EIdtjMSGk=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hW8OnvSVY&feature=context&context=C4769539VDvjVQa1PpcFMYgqoS6agco6H9ft46MVAZ y-EIdtjMSGk=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvncVAD4MY8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eg1febRVR0&feature=related

They seem to be about 13 or 14 in these.:D Does anyone else find it odd (and strangely prophetic, given what we know now) that the ISU used a couple of 14 year olds for their compulsory dance instructional videos?

Yes, link was in this thread. :)
Its OK, because not top skaters could be found in ISU videos.

pani
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't think it is necessarily directed at V and M, and I don't think it's necessarily a bitter statement. Tessa and Scott have gone above and beyond at times saying that they are NOT a couple in the media. None of their 'close' moments seem forced or staged... if anything, I'd argue perhaps they do the opposite "No this is normal, it's not because we're dating it's because we have known each other for so long."

Who is this teams if not V-M?
I am happy Meryl show her reall face, becaus this is real fight between this two teams and a lot off pressure were put on there shoulders.
In GPF Scott talk to face of his competitiors, judges and this were related to competition. Davis said this because this is war :lol:

~tapdancer~
03-10-2012, 04:06 PM
To put it in context, skatingfan04,they were specifically asked about being an off-ice couple to improve their marketability with the media.

pani
03-10-2012, 04:15 PM
To put it in context, skatingfan04,they were specifically asked about being an off-ice couple to improve their marketability with the media.

There PR is Tanith Belbin. All USA media every time show Belbin, talk with Belbin not about skating, but - o, your boyfriend skate today, what o you think about this? "This was best i ever saw life" :lol:
Maybe its Belbin was asked to made nude photos (and White, like person,who need to made big PR in USA).

Golightly
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
To be honest, I don't think Meryl meant Tessa and Scott, I was just joking about it. Tessa and Scott have never teased the media about being a couple, fans and media are the ones who kept bringing that up, and they always brought a stop to that, saying they were just friends.

Now, it's funny that on the pic they used for the article, Charlie cannot still bring himself to look at Meryl's eyes :D

As for this PR debate. V-M do not owe anything to anyone, so not having an up-to-date web site does not, in any way, mean that they are "letting many fans down". They are private people, they don't do Twitter, Scott only posts those few things on his FB page, but other than that? They like to keep a low profile. I think it's also a cultural thing: Americans tend to be more marketing-oriented, it's how they conduct business. So, yeah, basically I don't think V-M care about that, and that it's very valid to me. It's their life, their career, not their fans'.

pani
03-10-2012, 04:28 PM
To be honest, I don't think Meryl meant Tessa and Scott, I was just joking about it. Tessa and Scott have never teased the media about being a couple, fans and media are the ones who kept bringing that up, and they always brought a stop to that, saying they were just friends.

And who is this team? Sorry, but if people try to madfe devil from Scott, why you all try to show D-M "angels all in white" :D
Its understanding, she talk about team, who could look at each other eyes ;)
Charlie work hard to look at Tanith eyes.
Its funny, but i really cant understand, how T-S could bfriends with this people.

DORISPULASKI
03-10-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't think Meryl was talking about Tessa & Scott, who have been very, very clear that they are not a couple off the ice.

But pretending to be a couple, when not, is an old ice dance strategy, and the couple who played it best over the years I've been watching ice dance was Torvill & Dean.

From the article, it looks like the marketing group suggested this time-worn strategy to D&W, and D&W refused to buy into it. I am sure Tessa & Scott would/have done the same.

pani
03-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't think Meryl was talking about Tessa & Scott, who have been very, very clear that they are not a couple off the ice.

But pretending to be a couple, when not, is an old ice dance strategy, and the couple who played it best over the years I've been watching ice dance was Torvill & Dean.

From the article, it looks like the marketing group suggested this time-worn strategy to D&W, and D&W refused to buy into it. I am sure Tessa & Scott would/have done the same.

Do you think Davis know T-D strategy? :lol: And who, who was this couples? :D
The truth is - nobody isnt ideal and not an angels. And all understand, what Ms. said.

Fort
03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
And even more context, earlier in the article someone else (who is not connected to them) said that to get endorsements, they "need to have a story that helps them emotionally connect with the American Public". The way I am reading this article, the interviewer brought up the possibility of portraying themselves as a couple in public as a way of providing the 'story'.

Who knows if Meryl meant anyone specific, or if she was just trying to answer what seems to me to be a ridiculous and (I assume) not serious question.

DORISPULASKI
03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
If you think all 4 of these kids haven't watched youtubes of Grishuk & Platov, Torvill & Dean & Usova & Zhulin and the other great dancers of the past, I'm just surprised at you. In fact, I would be very surprised if some of their coaches when they were novices & juniors didn't assign such viewing.

My 13 year old grandson is a big fan of Robert Johnson and of the Beatles. John Lennon & Robert Johson were both dead before he was born. Kids with enthusiasm for something (in his case, rock'n'roll & blues, in the case of today's ice dancers, ice dance) are just like that-and with youtube it's easy these days to soak up knowledge of the greats of the past.

martyross
03-10-2012, 04:59 PM
still don't like the way her words sound. "play with the media"..."pretend"...say what you want, it comes off bad. and to say it all, even the "We realized we didn’t like just being normal teenagers" is snob. what is a normal teenager? even a girl/boy who doesn't do ice dance can be extraordinary in many ways. *shrughs*

pani
03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Maybe only you see in T-D programs "they play with media like they are a couple" :)
Sorry, but G-P never show they are a couple off-ice.
Usova & Zhulin were husband and wife and didnt "play" in family.
So you couldnt tell who were that teams?
And yes, i am sure D-W watch only videos, Zueva showed them and think they are best ever. Did you hear, who is best team in there opinion? Punselan-Swallow. She never saw T-D i am sure :)
And sorry, but maybe your favorite team is kids for you (Davis is 25 - but still play in Disney dall), but for me V-M are not a kids :) O hope they see who is there friends and who isnt.
And V-M its team consist off 2 people, not 4 :))))))))))))))

pani
03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
still don't like the way her words sound. "play with the media"..."pretend"...say what you want, it comes off bad. and to say it all, even the "We realized we didnít like just being normal teenagers" is snob. what is a normal teenager? even a girl/boy who doesn't do ice dance can be extraordinary in many ways. *shrughs*

Thanks ;)