PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Skaters have many more fans that can't afford to go to competitions and meet V/M face to face. Not having a website ignores a multitude of fans. Aren't they worthy of consideration, too?

How did they ignore there fans?

VarBar
03-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Skaters have many more fans that can't afford to go to competitions and meet V/M face to face. Not having a website ignores a multitude of fans. Aren't they worthy of consideration, too?

I promise I won't feel disconsidered if Tessa and Scott choose to never start their own website. They don't owe me anything.:)

pani
03-09-2012, 07:48 PM
And information about them we could find at ISU bio page, SC bio page, at Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Virtue
You could post message on Scott FD page. And i think Iggie did a great job with blog about T-S.
You know, i remeber times, when there were a lot off unofficial sites. Fans try to find any information about skaters and post it.
But when skater start made there own official sites... Sorry, but for me its look, like they want to have more attention. They need to have more fans.

Shayii
03-09-2012, 08:37 PM
And information about them we could find at ISU bio page, SC bio page, at Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Virtue
You could post message on Scott FD page. And i think Iggie did a great job with blog about T-S.
You know, i remeber times, when there were a lot off unofficial sites. Fans try to find any information about skaters and post it.
But when skater start made there own official sites... Sorry, but for me its look, like they want to have more attention. They need to have more fans.

Yea I'm not gonna feel slighted if they never get an official site (well at least one that's updated). But I disagree with you. Just because somebody starts a website doesn't mean they're an attention whore that just wants to get more fans IMO.

pani
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Yea I'm not gonna feel slighted if they never get an official site (well at least one that's updated). But I disagree with you. Just because somebody starts a website doesn't mean they're an attention whore that just wants to get more fans IMO.

But why they did this? I notice, that during time such official sites didnt update.

Rafter
03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Neither Tessa nor Scott has asthma. Charlie White does---that's why he was so exhausted.

And why was Meryl so exhausted?

Anyway, I'm under the impression that virtue and moir practiced/trained in Colorado Springs one more day than Davis and White and the Shibs did so that might be one reason that Tessa and Scott didn't look as winded.

Rafter
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Ridiculous post.

:rolleyes:

pani
03-09-2012, 09:04 PM
And why was Meryl so exhausted?

Anyway, I'm under the impression that virtue and moir practiced/trained in Colorado Springs one more day than Davis and White and the Shibs did so that might be one reason that Tessa and Scott didn't look as winded.

Now i want to know, when they will come to Nice? I mean last yeat V-M came early in Moscow, then all others Canton teams. How this will be this time?
Maybe every skates need different time for acclimatization. Maybe V-M need a little more time, then other Cantonies?

Shayii
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
But why they did this? I notice, that during time such official sites didnt update.

You mean why do they make the website? IDK it could be a number of reasons and you're right it might be to get more exposure and more fan followings but I don't think that's a bad thing.

pani
03-09-2012, 09:28 PM
You mean why do they make the website? IDK it could be a number of reasons and you're right it might be to get more exposure and more fan followings but I don't think that's a bad thing.

O, i dont think this is bad thing. I only mean, not all skaters want to post all there private photos on website and update things about there everyday lifes, like Shibs and W-P did.
I think for this teams its really funny and interesting to do this now, when maybe V-M (especially Tessa) dont want to be so open for the public.

martyross
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
oh well, it could be just to follow the trend of having a "professional website", just to say "i exist as a skater" out there in the net. i made one for myself long time ago (ain't a skater though, ahah) but yea, it seems that after a while they're abandoned. twitter is much more cool.

martyross
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Nikita Katsalapov praised Scott in this interview http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1253635.html#cutid1!

"Scott is the best partner, really, I think he is amazing. When I look at him skating, I think I want to skate like he does."

elle123
03-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Who knows. Its easy to made all this PR work when you are healthy, know all about your future plans, know you will compete a long time, because you are healthy. Different situation with V-M.
I remember Tessa said in one interview, that she think its much better to meet your fans "face to face", then in internet.
And i think they are really sweet with there fans at competitions.

I think you're right about this, Pani. Also, based on interviews and reading articles I think Tessa and Scott really value their privacy and separating their skating from their personal lives. Not saying that this means they can't have an updated website, but as far as social media and the PR, I think they enjoy being "under the radar".

elle123
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Nikita Katsalapov praised Scott in this interview http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1253635.html#cutid1!

"Scott is the best partner, really, I think he is amazing. When I look at him skating, I think I want to skate like he does."

Always great to hear Scott and Tessa receiving accolades from their follow competitors. I think it's a testament to their skating. It's one thing for us as fans to praise them, but it's a whole other thing for highly trained and skilled skaters to do it.

Emdee
03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
One of the things I really enjoy about Scott and Tessa is their body language after the skate. They immediately turn to each other when the program is over give a quick hug and some words and then the bows. I feel this carries on unison of the program rather than some couples who end up very separate for some time and a whole couple of minutes later hold each others hands or hug and bow. With the latter I feel a disconnect. I particularly noticed this when rewatching the Olys recently.

Scott and Tessa come across as caring and affectionate - no wonder people think they are a couple.