PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread 15: The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fort
03-09-2012, 01:52 AM
What is it going to take to get the Olympic Champions to launch a website that works and is a good place to go to for information?

No kidding. It doesn't need to be a 'personal' site, but at least there could be updated information on their competitive results and upcoming professional events. That their site has them stuck endlessly in the 2010-2011 season (which, of course, was very inaccurate anyway because they didn't compete until the end) doesn't reflect well. They should update, or remove the site completely.

HSGP21
03-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Do they have representation?

David Pelltier was working with them in an "agent" role near the Olympics... what moron thought he would be good at that?

elle123
03-09-2012, 02:51 AM
David Pelltier was working with them in an "agent" role near the Olympics... what moron thought he would be good at that?

I think they thought he would do well in a "mentoring" role because he knew the implications of being an Olympic champion but I agree, if they don't have representation, they should!

And yes, I agree - they need to update their website.

maggylyn
03-09-2012, 04:24 AM

I think they thought he would do well in a "mentoring" role because he knew the implications of being an Olympic champion but I agree, if they don't have representation, they should!

And yes, I agree - they need to update their website.

I can see why he would be considered a good mentoring choice, but I have to agree with HSGP, the idea of him as an "agent" does seem moronic.

Is this why the Olympic champions don't have good PR? I mean really, not keeping up your website? :confused:

pani
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I have often wondered if the great outcry on places like FSU played a part in B/A leaving Canton. It seems "everyone" thought they should leave for one of the reasons posted above, or some other reason rooted in one of the conspiracy theories of the day.

It could probably be argued forever whether it turned out to be a good decision (IMO it wasn't). And it's a cautionary tale for V/M.

Linichuck want to get B-A a long before 2008 ;)
I remeber russian Eurosport commentators said at 2008 WCh Gala - B-A stay along and all attention was given to V-M.They was sad for Tanith and Ben :(
And at last year WCh russian Eurosport commentator said - in 2008 at WCh when they asked Marina Zueva for interview, she said - i will talk only about V-M and not about other teams. They was wonder, but then he said- she knew even in 2008 this team will be OGM.
But Werner always talking B-A were happy with coaches, but change them because of private reason.
But for me its OK, when skaters change coaches - maybe they could feel this coaches gave them all, they can to give.
And if you start lose all time - didnt you need to change something&

As for difficulty of both FDs. Didnt ytou think P-B have difficult transitions in FD, then D-W?
And from 4CC results i feel like at least judges gave higher GOE for more difficult lifts (i think V-M have more difficult liftes then D-W in FD).

As for Charlie White. He always couldnt breath after FD. And i think this is because all there FDs - run-run-run.
And nobody pay so many attention to Virtue, who skated "without legs". You could even think this girl was ingured. A lot off my friends said after they watched her dismount from the "Goose": "Are you sure this girl have legs injury? She look stronger then all others".

pani
03-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Is this why the Olympic champions don't have good PR? I mean really, not keeping up your website? :confused:

Maybe they dont need PR and have a lot off attention without it?

pani
03-09-2012, 10:06 AM
A case in point is Misha Ge's LP in the FF. Compare his hand flapping with Patrick Chan's controlled performance.

:rofl: :respec:

clarie
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
It could be that they think of themselves more as atheletes than celebrities....who knows.. I wish they did have a "go to" place online.

pani
03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
It could be that they think of themselves more as atheletes than celebrities....who knows.. I wish they did have a "go to" place online.

Who knows. Its easy to made all this PR work when you are healthy, know all about your future plans, know you will compete a long time, because you are healthy. Different situation with V-M.
I remember Tessa said in one interview, that she think its much better to meet your fans "face to face", then in internet.
And i think they are really sweet with there fans at competitions.

Emdee
03-09-2012, 01:58 PM
At GPF they spent a lot of time after k&C signing autographs and shaking hands. It was cute to see the host of little girls running up and down getting autographs on skating boots etc. We were in the section near the skaters so were in the thick of things!

pani
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Just found this song - i think it could be good for polka.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3jjNoQ_ju4

Hugh Laurie have beautifull bloes music too ;)
For example this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFPegE70ehs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6_XSU43gEls&feature=endscreen

martyross
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I remember Tessa said in one interview, that she think its much better to meet your fans "face to face", then in internet.

good to hear this! i like how she thinks. i actually don't understand why a website is necessary... :confused:

Fort
03-09-2012, 05:09 PM
It's not that a website is necessary -- but if they don't want to have one, I wish they'd take down their official website that doesn't represent them well because it's so incomplete and out of date.

And yes, I have seen them at competition as well, signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans. I can't say I blame them for preferring a personal experience!

Shayii
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
It's not that a website is necessary -- but if they don't want to have one, I wish they'd take down their official website that doesn't represent them well because it's so incomplete and out of date.

And yes, I have seen them at competition as well, signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans. I can't say I blame them for preferring a personal experience!

Yea I think I agree with this. I mean I don't think having an official website will take away from that personal experience they prefer with fans. What about all the many many fans that might not get the chance of seeing them in person, like me. It would just be a place to go for info like that documentary they're doing (what's it called again ice, sweat, and tears?), it could be a place to find info on it or whatever. But with that said I don't think they're really interested in the spotlight and I can't say I blame them anyways.

euterpe
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
good to hear this! i like how she thinks. i actually don't understand why a website is necessary... :confused:

Skaters have many more fans that can't afford to go to competitions and meet V/M face to face. Not having a website ignores a multitude of fans. Aren't they worthy of consideration, too?