PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 12/13 Men (Tuesday February 28th)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

PeterG
02-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Carry over from the previous thread:

Rumours at mjsbigblog is that the one who joins the top twelve is J e r m a i n e J o n e s. And that there will not be a top 25, but a top 26 and that the odds are that the 13th female will be Colton Dixon's sister, Schyler.

So I will add the mystery singer in the accompanying poll to Aaron Marcellus Sanders's option as while I can see his face, I can't remember anything he sang. (Probably because he got so little air time, not that he's not any good.)

Please consider voting after all the singers have sung. :)

mjsbigblog (http://www.mjsbigblog.com/tv-shows/american-idol/) has lots of info you want might to check out including:

- Haley Reinhart will perform her new single “Free” on the CW series, 90210 on Wednesday March 28.

- Adam Lambert will perform with Queen in Moscow on June 30th, that’s before a July 7th date at Sonisphere Festival in the UK. Lambert's CD will not be released in March as planned, but in "Mapril". The lead single went nowhere, so I'm guessing Lambert and his team are scrambling... :wuzrobbed

- Steven Tyler was on Jimmy Kimmel and Aerosmith will be touring come June

- Daughtry will debut its new single “Outta My Head” during the March 15 episode of Fox’s American Idol. And on March 20th, the band will begin the second leg of their tour

PrincessLeppard
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
- Adam Lambert will perform with Queen in Moscow on June 30th, that’s before a July 7th date at Sonisphere Festival in the UK on July 7. Lambert's CD will not be released in March as planned, but in "Mapril". The lead single went nowhere, so I'm guessing Lambert and his team are scrambling... :wuzrobbed

-

Awesome that he's performing with Queen. And yes, the album is being reworked. That first sing was pure drivel, and I love Adam. The best song on his first album was Fever. More like that, please. :)

BigB08822
02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Fever is just :swoon: I don't mind them taking more time on the album, especially if Better Than I Know Myself was actually one of the stronger tracks because it just did not do it for me.

soxxy
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
I haven't been watching. The live shows. :) Who's not to miss?

Fridge_Break
02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm tuning in tonight without knowing anything about any of these people :cheer2: Just the way I like it!

PeterG
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Apparently I am not the only one who does not like Colton Dixon's hair... (http://www.votefortheworst.com/story/668237/do-it-heejun/)

:rofl:

I haven't been watching. The live shows. :) Who's not to miss?

Heejun Han (for sweet melodic singing)

Joshua Ledet (for passionate, intense performances)

Jeremy Rosado (for melodic, soulful singing)

DeAndre Brackensick (for a young male version of Mariah Carey)

Creighton Fraker (for Sam Harris [Star Search] over-the-top vocal gymnastics)

Colton Dixon (for some alt-emo performances)

Other things to look out for

Phillip Phillips - to see if he growls in a greater range than half an octave (but delight in his guitar-playing amazing-ness if he's got one strapped on)

Eben Franckewitz - to see how many tweens go into cardiac arrest during his performance

Reed Grimm - to see an example of how Matthew Morrison, Tom Cruise and Darren Criss have nothing on him in the smugness category

Adam Brock - to see if the constipation has finally resolved itself or if he will simply continue to grunt and groan throughout his entire performance. Hopefully he's wearing dark trousers (and diapers) in case of success.

taf2002
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I really like Hee Jun, Eben, & DeAndre...hope they do well tomorrow. Eben & DeAndre are awfully young so they'll probably screw up. And Hee Jun doesn't have a lot of confidence. My favs often don't make the top 10.

I honestly can't remember any of the girls very well. The only one I can remember at all is the one I don't like: Brielle (I think that's her name...the one with the pushy mother).

Catherine M
02-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm tuning in tonight without knowing anything about any of these people :cheer2: Just the way I like it!

Me too. I haven't watched a second of the auditions but plan on tuning in tonight, now that the top twentywhatever have been named.

Will be interesting to see if I remotely like any of these people!

PeterG
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
DeAndre and Heejun are tied for first place. How many hours until the show begins? ;) I was going to include the option in the poll that showed who voted for who, but I decided to let people have some privacy. Never again!!! :drama:

Beefcake
02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
:lol: I may have to watch an episode just to see who each of these :wideeyes: names belongs to!

Chase Likens [how's that pronounced, exactly?]
Colton Dixon :kickass: [of Falcon fame?]
Creighton Fraker :lol: Really?
DeAndre Brackensick :lol: Really?
Eben Franckewitz :cheer:
Phillip Phillips :lol: Really?
Reed Grimm :kickass:
Male #13 :P

Allskate
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
There are some spoilers for song choices at MJ's, but I don't know how reliable they are. Some of them have me scratching my head.

Adam Brock – “Think” by Aretha Franklin
Creighton Fraker – “True Colors” by Cyndi Lauper
Eben Christian Franckewitz – “Set Fire To The Rain” by Adele
Jeremy Rosado – “Gravity” by John Mayer or Sara Bareilles
Reed Grimm – “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera

Is Reed the guy who played the drums? I cannot see him singing Moves Like Jagger. But, I hope he is because I cannot wait to hear Adam Levine's response. :lol:

And isn't Eben the kid? He's singing Set Fire to the Rain? Weird.

I don't even remember who the other listed guys are.

Fridge_Break
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Is it gender-bender themed or something?

flyingsit
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
The theme is apparently Producer's Choice. In other wOrds, the manipulation is already going full throttle.

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Is tonight actually live? I know in the past they have pre-taped these rounds in order to work out the kinks but that may have been when they had a new stage or something.

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
The theme is apparently Producer's Choice. In other wOrds, the manipulation is already going full throttle.

Ah yes, also known as, we will do everything to make sure so and so gets through/doesn't get through.