PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 12/13 Men (Tuesday February 28th)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 05:48 AM
do you mean jacob?

Yes, I think so. I blocked him out of my mind completely until Joshua's performance began bringing back memories.

Taf, I started out watching live and then quickly gave up. I let it finish and then watched only performances and I fast forwarded through about all but 3 or 4. Horrible horrible night. Those guys suck for the most part and not one of them seems exciting or has big time sex appeal. Who will I possibly :swoon: over?

mtnskater
02-29-2012, 06:02 AM
I used to be an avid fan of Idol but have disliked it since last season. Quit watching last year when it became "Country Idol" The judging panel is so boring with nothing but slobbering praise for even the most mediocre performance. Watched part of tonight because I was sick and tuned in live part way through Colton. I do not once again get this panel's selection for the top singers. What a wierd group of quirky, nerdy singers with alot of strange voices. The growling singer who made the ugliest faces when singing took the cake and the panel,praised him as one they picked for the win. Will not be tuning in.

Allskate
02-29-2012, 06:05 AM
I really don't know who I want to make it through. Based on the total of what I've seen, I guess I'd say Phillip and Creighton, and maybe Jermaine, but I don't feel strongly about them and can't think of anyone else.

The "judges" were ridiculous. Such a joke.

Adam sounded a bit nasally. He reminds me of Gokey. He's too old to be that dorky and appeal to the voters.

DeAndre's voice was quite weak at the beginning. No power. And definite pitch problems. He never should have made it this far IMO. He does have his hair going for him. :lol: Who on earth picked this song for a high school student?

Odd song choice for Colton. Not the kind of song I would have imagined for him. I don't know why they changed it up for tonight.

Jeremy had pitch problems. It was too boring for a top 24 song. (And I like Sara B.)

Aaron was fine until that last "goodbye."

I didn't think Chase was anything special. Maybe it's because I'm not into country? He does look like Brendan Fraser!

I think Creighton was one of the best of the night, but that doesn't say much. It was not good for him that the judges were talking about people who had to be cut and the role of image and backstories. It made no sense that they were nicer to other people who sang worse. Maybe they don't want "different." :confused:

Who the heck picked "In The Air Tonight" for Phillip? Terrible choice and annoying arrangement. He was one of my favorite guys during the auditions, but this did nothing for me. Maybe the producers decided they were going to try to make him and Colton seem like harder rockers than they are?

Set Fire to the Rain was an idiotic choice for Eben.

I couldn't hear HeeJun very well. I don't think it was the accent. The music was just louder than he was.

Joshua Ledet is not my cup of tea. Too much screaming. His singing style is like Jacob's, but his personality seems much better. Nice kid, but I don't want him to make it through. I definitely prefer Jermaine.

PeterG
02-29-2012, 06:29 AM
I absolutely l o a t h e the change of whittling the top 26 into the top 13 in one week. I am very unhappy because going from 24 then 20 the next week (and then 16 and finally 12) gave people time to settle in and get over their nerves. All of the men tonight have sung much better in the past.

Plus they have started the live shows in front of the large crowd instead of the small audience which they used to have for the first three weeks, which consisted of family and friends and a select number of the public.

This change is S T O O P I D.

:mad: :revenge: :wall: :angryfire :argue: :soapbox:

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 07:05 AM
I like going from 24/25 to 12/13 in one week. Get it over with!

PeterG
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Wow, they certainly saved the best for last. The last three guys were definitely better than the other ten all combined.

Heejun did a great job as always. Such a wonderful tone and pitch perfect as well.

Joshua Ledet has so much passion. Seeing how much he puts into his singing really shows how soulless so many of the other performers are.

And Jermaine Jones. What a great way to close the show. Again, pitch perfect and so smooth and soulful. As long as these three get through, I'll be fine. :respec:

I like going from 24/25 to 12/13 in one week. Get it over with!

Well if you're not a fan of the show, that would make sense. But for those who like American Idol, we see no need to rush things.

If we move too quickly with picking the final group, we end up with more of those who get in on an "impulse vote". There's less time for tweens to hear how bad Eben might be week after week, making the rest of us suffer longer. Plus those who got less air time now get even less air time. Plus for everyone we do like, there's two less performances we will get from them with this format. :(

Aceon6
02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
In case you're waiting to watch this, it was like the first night of a high school talent show. Even the good people were too nervous to perform well.

Rob
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I have absolutely no idea what the judges were hearing with Deandre Brackensick. It sounded unbelieveably awful in my living room. I could tolerate the last 2 and Phillip Phillips voice. But the only decent song choice was the big guy.

Heejun WTF - is there something wrong with my TV?

Christina
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
The first guy who sang was just squicky and was trying too hard. He looked like he should be in a polyester suit from the 70s hitting on someone at his used car salesman job. It was almost horrifying.

I think Eben will make it through - he's cute, a teenager and though he had a really bad song choice, he wasn't revoltingly bad. If the listener is a teenage girl. There is a reason the phrase "texting like a tween" exists, after all.

Sassafras
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
TV was in one room and I was working on the computer in a room across the hall. My ears were bleeding. From what I heard, I will not be playing the show back to actually see them.

Speaking of Jacob from the previous season. As soon as he sang in the auditions a friend got on Facebook and proclaimed him the winner. I couldn't wait for him to get off my screen. As I recall, my mute button was well used.

skatesindreams
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I missed this last night; doesn't sound as though I should be sorry!
I hope the ladies will do better.

I often wonder what the judges are listening to.
It's not what I hear!

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
The judges are listening to the Producers...duh!

taf2002
02-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Ok the big question...why are there 25 "likes" in this poll? The question was "which performance did you enjoy?" Really....there were 25 enjoyable performances?

merrywidow
02-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Fraker & Ledet were the only 2 I really liked. IMO one of the girls will probably win this year.
Check out dialidol.com if you want a shock!

PeterG
02-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Fraker & Ledet were the only 2 I really liked. IMO one of the girls will probably win this year.
Check out dialidol.com if you want a shock!

dialidol.com results (http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp) (contestant's name followed by their odds of getting through):

Eben Franckewitz 1
Chase Likens 2-4
Adam Brock 2-4
Jermaine Jones 2-5
Joshua Ledet 4-6

Phillip Phillips 5-13 - ELIMINATED
Creighton Fraker 6-13 - ELIMINATED
Reed Grimm 6-13 - ELIMINATED
Colton Dixon 6-13 - ELIMINATED
Heejun Han 6-13 - ELIMINATED
Jeremy Rosado 6-13 - ELIMINATED
Aaron Marcellus 6-13 - ELIMINATED