winterone
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Obviously it hasn't caught on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRo5TAG5Y20

Discuss.

I like the outfits sort of retro.

aliceanne
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
It makes more sense than broomball where they run around the ice in their shoes.

Aussie Willy
03-01-2012, 02:01 AM
I almost missed this thread.

Hey I am all for it. Although I did notice the boys were very selfish and didn't give the girls a go.

I read the Monica Seles was a figure skater.

LilJen
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Here I was thinking it was sliding around on shoes a la the French Open on slippery clay.

I actually think it would be great cross-training. Stay on your feet, change directions quickly, anticipate, all while trying to hit the ball.

Aussie Willy
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the next question to ask is:

Who you would like to see play tennis against each other?

First one that comes to mind is Evan and Johnny. Johnny will turn up in some Lady Gaga inspired creation and Evan will just look at him and say "You can't be serious?"

aliceanne
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM

First one that comes to mind is Evan and Johnny. Johnny will turn up in some Lady Gaga inspired creation and Evan will just look at him and say "You can't be serious?"

I believe Plushenko is an avid tennis player - maybe he can play Evan for the Platinum trophy.

oleada
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Roman Kostomarov and Alexander Zhulin are both into tennis. I recall Zhulin saying he's a Federer fan ;) His daughter with Navka plays tennis competitively.

DustPuppyOI
03-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Considering the table tennis that has been played on tours and such, does that kind of action translate to tennis... ermm... on ice? Or should there be a new sport, table tennis on ice?

LilJen
03-04-2012, 06:36 PM

It's too bad that the tradition in tennis is to wear all WHITE. Evan, the anti-tennis guy.

Jot the Dot Dot
03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I read the Monica Seles was a figure skater.

Didn't last long. Kept getting disqualified for grunting whenever she'd land a jump.