PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66

Fergus
02-29-2012, 07:09 PM
That film made countless women think he's one of the hottest studs ever. He oughta milk it. ;)

Just women, eh? ;) :swoon:

The nuns sabotaging the Nazis at the end is one of the greatest gettaways in film history. :)

I think the reason why my better-half hasn't popped the question to me yet is 'cuz he knows I'm gonna use the "Maria Processional" at our ceremony. :D

my little pony
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM
I think the reason why my better-half hasn't popped the question to me yet if 'cuz he knows I'm gonna use the "Maria Processional" at our ceremony. :D

now you have to invite me, i would love on that forever

Sparks
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Me too! Then we can sing, "How do you solve a problem like the Fergus..."

Fergus
02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
now you have to invite me, i would love on that forever

Me too! Then we can sing, "How do you solve a problem like the Fergus..."

:biggrinbo

My veil won't be shmushed like Julie's either. I'll make sure to get a better-trained maid-of-honor than Liesl. :drama:

Plummer's autobiography, In Spite of Myself, is as charming and slightly naughty as I expect him to be in real life. It's proving to be a very fun read. :)

Beefcake
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
I've never seen The Sound of Music. Though I've seen a lot of comedy bits parodying SoM scenes.

Hopefully, my gay card is grandfathered in, and there will be no ramifications from this confession. :slinkaway

Holley Calmes
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
No wonder. The worst example of the trashiest of trash. The fact that it's, according to some estimates, the highest grossing film of all times makes it even a bigger monstrosity :lol:

Trashy? No. It's kind of the opposite of trashy...squeeky clean, cringworthy wholesomeness, abrasively sweet.....not trashy. If it was trashy, I would probably have loved it.

michiruwater
02-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Agreed. I hate SoM and I've never understood why so many people adore it. It's both boring and sickeningly sweet.

liv
02-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Love me some SoM. It's sickeningly sweet, has catchy tunes, beautiful scenery...the sweet governess who bursts into song, the mischievious children, singing nuns, the evil baroness, funny uncle max and big bad Nazis... and climbing over hills into Switzerland!

Who can't love the quote from Max that goes like this " I love rich people, I love the way I live when I'm with them."

No, it's not deep, yes I lose interest after the gazebo scene, but gotta love a wedding where nuns are singing a ridiculous song as you walk up the aisle, LOL :D

It's so campy it's great!

masofs
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Love me some SoM. It's sickeningly sweet, has catchy tunes, beautiful scenery...the sweet governess who bursts into song, the mischievious children, singing nuns, the evil baroness, funny uncle max and big bad Nazis... and climbing over hills into Switzerland!

Who can't love the quote from Max that goes like this " I love rich people, I love the way I live when I'm with them."

No, it's not deep, yes I lose interest after the gazebo scene, but gotta love a wedding where nuns are singing a ridiculous song as you walk up the aisle, LOL :D

It's so campy it's great!

Ita. I know it's cheesy but I love it. It was my childhood movie. :)

KikiSashaFan
03-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I love The Sound Of Music. :shuffle:

I love it too, one of my favorites. When I was a kid I had to on VHS and watched it so many times it wore out and my mom had to buy another one :lol:

snoopysnake
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
It's not a TV commerical where they get paid when it's shown. If he's like most actors, especially before 1977, he doesn't get residuals. He got paid to make the movie and that's it. Before George Lucas very cleverly gave Fox a "deal" where instead of all the money up front, he kept the merchandising rights to Star Wars (and got staggeringly rich off them), even most producers and writers and such didn't continue to make money off a film. Even now I think it would be a very rare case where actors get a percentage of gross (anyone who takes a percentage of net is likely never to see a paycheck) after the initial release. So I'm sure whatever Mr. Plummer was paid for Sound of Music was nothing like some modern acting paychecks and is long gone.

And I kind of agree with him as far as the obsessing over SoM goes--I mean, it's a pretty good movie, it's pretty, some of the songs are catchy, but as far as something people are going to fixate on....um, why?

snoopysnake wants a Captain Von Trapp singing action figure.
Hooray for Christopher Plummer's Oscar win!

Vash01
03-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Agreed. I hate SoM and I've never understood why so many people adore it. It's both boring and sickeningly sweet.

I loved Sound of Music when it came out and I love it now. I loved just about everything about it.

vesperholly
03-01-2012, 07:44 AM
SoM gave the world one of my favorite memes (http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_****s_i_give.jpg). :lol:

equatorial
03-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Trashy? No. It's kind of the opposite of trashy...squeeky clean, cringworthy wholesomeness, abrasively sweet.....not trashy. If it was trashy, I would probably have loved it.

I admit that I used a wrong word to describe SoM. A more appropriate choice would've been "a pile of w@nk" ( (c) SHARPIE). :cold:

Japanfan
03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I loved Sound of Music when it came out and I love it now. I loved just about everything about it.

Me too. Christopher Plummer was oh so very handsome and gallant. . .lovely to see him get an Oscar at the age of 82.