PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66

my little pony
02-28-2012, 04:27 AM
my faves were milla and then gwyneth from the neck down. i loved her dress but not her hair, makeup and lack of earrings.

something about rooney's dress and hair are sort of deep space 9-ish

IceAlisa
02-28-2012, 04:29 AM
ITA about Gwyneth's hair and make up. That poofy pony tail was fug although in front the hair looked sleek and elegant. So that would make Milla the winner in my book because hers were perfect.

something about rooney's dress and hair are sort of deep space 9-ish Or that she's been assimilated by the Borg or at the very least is on her way.

AragornElessar
02-28-2012, 04:33 AM
my faves were milla and then gwyneth from the neck down. i loved her dress but not her hair, makeup and lack of earrings.

something about rooney's dress and hair are sort of deep space 9-ish

ITA about Gwyneth's hair and make up. That poofy pony tail was fug although in front the hair looked sleek and elegant. So that would make Milla the winner in my book because hers were perfect.

Or that she's been assimilated by the Borg or at the very least is on her way.

ROTFLOL at the both of you. Sad too you're both right w/the DS9/Trekkie references about her look last night.

Michalle
02-28-2012, 04:34 AM
My mind refuses to acknowledge that Glenn Close didn't win for Dangerous Liasons. I always remember that she did.

AshleyN
02-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Best for me were Jessica Chastain, Milla Jovovich, and Gwyneth Paltrow, in that order I think. And she wasn't there as an audience member, but I loved Louise Roe's (http://tinypic.com/r/11uys1d/5) dress for her gig with ABC. Interesting and different and about as professional looking as you get with an evening gown.

Not sure about the worst - honestly I didn't think there were any real disasters. I'd probably go with Berenice Bejo or Kristen Wiig (mostly for the hideous non-colour). I didn't love Rooney Mara's dress, but I didn't completely hate it either, and I do give her props for the fact that she takes risks, which was nice considering how boring most of the red carpet was last night.

AragornElessar
02-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Just saw a wonderful piece that Seamus O'Regan did for CTV National News on Christopher Plummer, his long overdue Oscar win and his very long career. Also realized something that I missed last night and should have noticed while he was giving his speech...

That little pin he wore on the lapel of his tux? That pin, is the pin that all Members of the Order of Canada are given to wear in lieu of the actual Order. We have a good friend who was made a Companion of the Order two years ago for his long and lengthy charity work in our area, so I certainly *should* know what that lapel pin looks like.

Completely missed it last night though. :o

Also been awhile since I've last watched Star Trek : The Undiscovered Country and you know something? Anyone else in full on Klingon makeup spouting Shakespeare would have been beyond campy and tacky. Mr. Plummer is one of the very, very, very few who not only made it work, but knocked it out of the park.

AxelAnnie
02-28-2012, 06:02 AM
I have a friend who's been a seat filler for years at the Oscars. She told me today that last night Angelina didn't look good because she was way, way, way too thin--scary thin. She also said that in real life Glenn Close looks really beautiful.

I thought Glenn Close looked absolutely breathtakingly beautiful last night.

And, I too thought Angelina Jolie looked frighting. Now, I always think she is a little scary, so I take my opinion with a grain of salt...but arms:yikes: But I couldn't figure out a couple of things about her

1. She has to know her arms look hideous......why the sleeveless look? If she is proud of them............well....................:scream:

2. The whole leg thing was so odd..............but as she was showing that leg, all I could think was "Goodness, her arms are like twigs, and her leg is more like a tree stump............they don't go together.":eek:

AxelAnnie
02-28-2012, 06:03 AM
My mind refuses to acknowledge that Glenn Close didn't win for Dangerous Liasons. I always remember that she did.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

AND...........Debbie Reynolds won for The Unsinkable Molly Brown, followed by Julie Andrews for Sound of Music (and not Mary Poppins, for heaven sake).

Eden
02-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Iran: Oscar win is victory over Israel. (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-02-27/iran-oscar-israel/53267320/1)
Israel's Footnote, was nominated in the same category.

Iranian head of Cinematic Agency, Javad Shamaghdari, issued a statement after "A Separation" won an Oscar for best foreign-language film.
According to him: "This is the beginning of the collapse of the influence of the Zionist lobby over American society."

Anita18
02-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Iran: Oscar win is victory over Israel. (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-02-27/iran-oscar-israel/53267320/1)

Iranian head of Cinematic Agency, Javad Shamaghdari, issued a statement after "A Separation" won an Oscar for best foreign-language film.
According to him: "This is the beginning of the collapse of the influence of the Zionist lobby over American society."
ZOMG! :rofl:

Or maybe...they felt it was a better movie? :shuffle:

Allskate
02-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Rooney Mara must also be studying there now. Pre-ceremony Robin Roberts quipped about whether the Oscars is Rooney's "Super Bowl" (an obvious reference to the fact that her granddad co-owns the current Super Bowl champions). She very seriously is all, no, the SB is nothing, nothing like the Oscars whatsoever. Ok, thanks for clearing that up, Rooney. :rolleyes:

I read an interview and article on her and she is apparently very shy and quiet. Everyone who knows her thinks she's the wrong person to be getting fame and having to do a bunch of interviews because she does not like talking about herself. Or talking in general. :lol: Also, she is not a football fan and used to find it annoying that she was required to go to football games on Sundays. So, yeah, to her the Oscars are nothing like the Super Bowl. And, um, I guess that's enough talking. :lol:

Ares
02-28-2012, 06:57 AM
I refuse to believe the Fashion Police crew think that Joan is as funny as their extreme laughter insinuates. Overacting x 1000, no Oscars for them.

vesperholly
02-28-2012, 09:05 AM

1. Tacky, especially considering how classy the director/producer who won has been in his speeches, and 2. Harvey Weinstein begs to differ.

Rex
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I know! Why is Kelly even allowed to comment about fashion? She's been disastrous the last few times I've seen her on the red carpet.

And the less said about her hair, the better.

Kelly is a waste of flesh; I can't stand her. She'd be nothing if people didn't like her parents.

Holley Calmes
02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
1. She has to know her arms look hideous......why the sleeveless look? If she is proud of them............well....................:scream:

2. The whole leg thing was so odd..............but as she was showing that leg, all I could think was "Goodness, her arms are like twigs, and her leg is more like a tree stump............they don't go together.":eek:

Having been around athletes and dancers for decades, I pretty much know what I'm looking at. I have seen plenty of anorexics. I have also seen very, very thin women who were not anorexic and had good muscle tone. Angie is not one of these. She looks like her body is eating up her muscles. Her legs didn't look like stumps to me but very bony and fragile. I was scared to watch her walk in those shoes. She just doesn't look healthy, and like I said earlier, with the camera adding about 7 pounds..yikes again.

I am not a big fan of hers, but I certainly don't wish her ill. For her children's sake, I hope she'll start taking better care of herself.