PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Beefcake
02-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Soon to be a major motion picture: Angelina Jolie in My Right Leg (http://style.mtv.com/2012/02/27/angelina-jolie-oscars-dress-leg/). :slinkaway

And the immediate onstage "tribute (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/27/article-2107113-11F11F8A000005DC-950_634x352.jpg)". :lol:
That improv was definitely :rofl: ... but not surprising coming from Jim Rash. He is the best thing about "Community" (or at least top 2 alongside the Troy-Abed awesomeness). And, now, he's an Oscar winning writer. :)

IceAlisa
02-27-2012, 05:40 PM
And it works - all throughout the telecast I thought 1) she looked great 2) she and the homeless guy she brought as her date were shown way too much 3) the leg thing was awesome 4) the leg thing was OTT and stupid 5) damn she's got nice legs :grope: 6) she's just fcuking with us 7) what a famewhore 8) honey badger don't give a shit :respec: 9) seriously, WHAT is up with Brad's %#@$ hair??? :drama:

About Brad: fantastic work on his face with fillers, Botox and possibly laser. Not so fantastic: the hair and the beard. Really, why Brad?

Angelina, OTOH, seems to be going au naturel, interestingly enough. For someone with so many tattoos, she seems to be shying away from the needles. The dress was structured well--I liked the slit and the neckline but the velvet seemed too heavy somehow. Another fabric would have been better IMO. Her face and arms are too thin but she is still very beautiful.

Garden Kitty
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
That improv was definitely :rofl: ... but not surprising coming from Jim Rash. He is the best thing about "Community" (or at least top 2 alongside the Troy-Abed awesomeness). And, now, he's an Oscar winning writer. :)

Oh my, is he the dean on that show? I totally didn't recognize him. :lol:

IceAlisa
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Oscar backstage/after party gossip (http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/oscars/sean-young-arrested-behind-scenes-oscar-drama-163736104.html)

Beefcake
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh, Sean Young ... poor thing looks like a Barrymore. Not Drew unfortunately, but Ethel or what-not in their mature years ... unfortunate choice of hair and styling, not to mention that she continues to be batshit.

Cheylana
02-27-2012, 05:56 PM
And you KNOW she didn't like that...being mocked. She and Sean Penn go to the Take Myself Too Seriously School of Art.
Rooney Mara must also be studying there now. Pre-ceremony Robin Roberts quipped about whether the Oscars is Rooney's "Super Bowl" (an obvious reference to the fact that her granddad co-owns the current Super Bowl champions). She very seriously is all, no, the SB is nothing, nothing like the Oscars whatsoever. Ok, thanks for clearing that up, Rooney. :rolleyes:

pair mom
02-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I admit, I have not seen The Descendants but I was only making a joke. To somewhat answer the question, though, I have never seen even one movie where I felt George Clooney was playing someone other than George Clooney. NOT.A.SINGLE.ONE. Even in something like Men Who Stare At Goats it was just George being silly, he never became someone I had not seen him be before. My opinion, though.

^this^
And while I have not seen The Descendants movie, I hated the book! Waste of time...all I could imagine was George's smug face!

my little pony
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Oh, Sean Young ... poor thing looks like a Barrymore. Not Drew unfortunately, but Ethel or what-not in their mature years ... unfortunate choice of hair and styling, not to mention that she continues to be batshit.

could winning skating with the stars have saved her? :drama:

Rex
02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Add Eminem and Kanye to that list too...no sense of humor!
I'm so done with Kanye and his attitude.

I can't believe anyone could do that leg thrust move without meaning it as a joke. It was so over the top! She needs a cheeseburger.

Rex
02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Rooney Mara must also be studying there now. Pre-ceremony Robin Roberts quipped about whether the Oscars is Rooney's "Super Bowl" (an obvious reference to the fact that her granddad co-owns the current Super Bowl champions). She very seriously is all, no, the SB is nothing, nothing like the Oscars whatsoever. Ok, thanks for clearing that up, Rooney. :rolleyes:

Her interviews are always awkward to me; she is all at once, entitled sounding and humorless.

Holley Calmes
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Not the best Oscars but not the worst. My faves: Cirque...Ellen's JP Penny commercials...Penelope Cruize's beautiful blue dress that looked like water rippling when she walked....Wizard of Oz focus group....Tom Cruise is incredibly well preserved...hated Tina Fey's dress-it looked like a fungus....the Descendent dude's mimic of Jolie's leg....Gary Oldman looking fairly normal and healthy....Bridesmaids tribute to Scorcese...Colin Firth's incredible classiness....Clooney's kiss.....Emma's beautiful skin....

Was a bit puzzled by the old fashioned girls in blue pretending to distribute popcorn down the aisles. I mean...I understand what they were going for, but it didn't work for me.

Amazing how handsome Brad Pitt is when you watch clips from "Moneyball". Amazing how disheveled he looked on camera live.

Amazing how gorgeous Clooney looked with some grey in his curls in clips from the Descendents. Amazing how gorgeous he STILL looked when the camera caught him. I don't think he's the world's greatest actor, but he sure is easy on my eyes.

Angelina, dear....Rex asked you to eat a cheeseburger, but I'm going to ask you to eat several. Such a beautiful woman...looking so freakishly thin. Do these women really think they look good? Don't forget-the camera ADDS about 7 pounds! Can you imagine what she looks like live??

Hurray for Octavia's full figure in that silver dress! You looked gorgeous Octavia! (Although I was terrified she was going to trip going up the stairs.)

julieann
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Some people have been vocal about not wanting her to win again. EW anonymously interviewed some voters and one of them explicitly said she'd won enough. I was actually starting to feel bad for her because there really does seem to be resentment towards her and she seems like she's not only a very talented woman, but a class act who the people who work with her love.

She actually holds the record for most Oscar losses. :lol:

How can someone win enough? If they do films and is lucky enough to be up against four other nominees, they should be allowed to win for that performance if it's the best of the year. People forget it's her performance that won her the Oscar. I think Meryl has been nominated times when I don't think she deserved it, but all her wins are justified and I'm sure she will win at least one more.

Thought it would go to Glenn - she's been so robbed in the past. Or Viola Davis. But Davis' role was basically a supporting one IMO. But I'm happy for Meryl. I've seen The Iron Lady and while the picture itself is not perfect, her transformation into Thatcher is nothing short of amazing.

Davis was sort of in a higher supporting roll but Meryl was playing a real woman in history with an accent! That is much tougher even though the movie wasn't great; her performance was.

And while I have not seen The Descendants movie, I hated the book! Waste of time...all I could imagine was George's smug face!

I would have rather seen Clooney in Moneyball and Pitt in the Descendants.

pollyanna
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
I thought she was talking about her excitement when her makeup man won the Oscar earlier in the show? IRC Robin was commenting on Merly seeming as excited by his winning as by her own win.
Very possible - GMA is background noise whilst I get myself and son ready for work and school, resp. Point was, I cracked up first because of the belt popping - how many times has that happened to me? :lol: - and then her saying it was a wardrobe "misfunction." Meryl Streep is charming and totally unpretentiious.

Favorite gowns of the night: Penelope Cruz, Milla Jovovich and Gwyneth Patrow. Loved Penelope's and Milla's hair. Gwyneth's, not so much. :P I thought Glenn Close look amazing EXCEPT for her dress, which I thoroughly disliked. I would love to age half so well.

overedge
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Davis was sort of in a higher supporting roll but Meryl was playing a real woman in history with an accent! That is much tougher

I disagree. Playing a real person, there is something to copy and refer to (especially if it's a well known and well documented person). Playing a fictional character, the actor has to make that character come to life and seem believable, within the boundaries of how the writers have defined that character. The second is a much greater challenge for an actor IMHO.

Holley Calmes
02-27-2012, 06:50 PM
oh...and I loved Kenneth Branaugh's hair.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/photos/oscars-2012-red-carpet-photos-slideshow/kenneth-branagh-photo-1330300205.html