02-24-2012, 09:55 PM
as per her twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/icegirlash

olympic
02-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Yes. This is being discussed in the US pairs thread :(

Jenna
02-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh, darn. I liked them, especially Ashley. I hope she can find another partner.

Sylvia
02-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Here's the official USFS press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47828&type=media

ETA:

Yes. This is being discussed in the US pairs thread
In both US Pairs threads in the Trash Can, actually, but most of the discussion so far has been in the "Status of US Pairs This Season" thread.

Jammers
02-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Isn't Ashley a bit to tall for Pairs?

euterpe
02-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Ashley was clearly the star in that pair. It's his loss, IMO.

Oz_sk8ting_mum
02-25-2012, 12:42 AM
:wall:
Nooooooooo :(

Flip Jump
02-25-2012, 03:53 AM
I am sure i will not be the only one to say Josh Regan will be Caitlin Yankowsks new partner. They seem a perfect match.

Oz_sk8ting_mum
02-25-2012, 04:03 AM
I am sure i will not be the only one to say Josh Regan will be Caitlin Yankowsks new partner. They seem a perfect match.

This is interesting because when you go back and read all the comments in the Nationals Thread it was all praise for Ashley and some quite negative comments regarding Josh and now everyone thinks that he's perfect for CY when she has been called the "best female pairs skater in the USA at the current time" I'm confused :confused: is just that he's a male? .... sounds like a repeat of something that happened last year??
Ashley's post sounds sad and not like she knew it was coming poor kid.:(

Sylvia
02-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Ashley Cain also tweeted today in reply to someone's reaction to her split from Joshua Reagan: "I am very upset too. It was very unexpected. :("

She is a :kickass: skater, and I'm glad she is pretty much guaranteed a JGP singles assignment next season due to her silver medal and strong performance in Junior Ladies at Nationals.

Ashley Cain recently had launched a new official site before the start of 2012 Nationals: http://www.ashleycain.us/

Oz_sk8ting_mum
02-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Awwww she had no idea.
From her Blog
"Welcome to my blog which aims to share a passion for figure skating. I compete in single skating and pair skating. Joshua Reagan is my exceptional partner, we are the 2011 U.S. Junior champions.":(

dinakt
02-25-2012, 04:27 AM
I really like Ashley and hope she finds a good partner if she desides to continue Pairs. All those amazingly talented Ladies being dumped- being a man in a Pairs/ Dance world certainly gives one some advantages.

julieann
02-25-2012, 05:31 AM
This is interesting because when you go back and read all the comments in the Nationals Thread it was all praise for Ashley and some quite negative comments regarding Josh and now everyone thinks that he's perfect for CY when she has been called the "best female pairs skater in the USA at the current time" I'm confused :confused: is just that he's a male? .... sounds like a repeat of something that happened last year??
Ashley's post sounds sad and not like she knew it was coming poor kid.:(

At this point, CY just needs a warm body :D He obviously wanted to have a parter who is concentrating on the pair and not singles. I don't think he is to blame for that.

Oz_sk8ting_mum
02-25-2012, 05:39 AM
At this point, CY just needs a warm body :D He obviously wanted to have a parter who is concentrating on the pair and not singles. I don't think he is to blame for that.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone here. I just find it curious the comments at Nationals about him in particular and the way it seems so out of the Blue for Ashley (you don't set up a website like the one she has if you think there's a problem..do you?)

It sure is hard being a female in pairs!!
Sounds like he might be all set, I hope there is something around the corner for her as well!

Vash01
02-25-2012, 05:59 AM
I liked them at the US nationals, so I am disappointed that they split. Is there a US pair these days that can be together for more than 2 seasons (exception: E&L)?

It's tough to skate in two disciplines at a time, so it's understandable that they split, but it sounds like they did not discuss it, or if they did, she still did not expect the split.