PDA

View Full Version : Jill Trenary

Pages : [1] 2 3

spursfan
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know what Jill Trenary is up to these days? She was always one of my favorite skaters and I am just curious about what she is doing now.

overedge
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know what Jill Trenary is up to these days? She was always one of my favorite skaters and I am just curious about what she is doing now.

Being a mom to her kids with Christopher Dean, the last I heard. IIRC one of the kids has some developmental challenges so I would imagine dealing with that takes up a lot of her time.

fsfan22
02-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Jill and Chris Dean have separated and filed for divorce in 2010. With his demanding schedule, and him being away in the UK for up to 6 months of the year, it was too much of a strain on their marriage (source (http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/446669/christopher-dean-s-wife-blames-split-on-dancing-on-ice/1)).

Chris Dean is apparently dating former ice dancer/Dancing On Ice judge Karen Barber.

Iceman
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I recently read that Jill was a "thorn in Carlo Fassi's side", but there was no elaboration as to the reason. Anyone know anything about their relationship?

essence_of_soy
02-27-2012, 02:29 AM
I recently read that Jill was a "thorn in Carlo Fassi's side", but there was no elaboration as to the reason. Anyone know anything about their relationship?

Given that Trenary was his last big success, it's hard to say.

However, looking at several profile pieces on YouTube, Jill appeared to be a nervous competitor and a somewhat willful student.

overedge
02-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Jill and Chris Dean have separated and filed for divorce in 2010. With his demanding schedule, and him being away in the UK for up to 6 months of the year, it was too much of a strain on their marriage (source (http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/446669/christopher-dean-s-wife-blames-split-on-dancing-on-ice/1)).

Chris Dean is apparently dating former ice dancer/Dancing On Ice judge Karen Barber.

Yes, I knew that Trenary and Dean were no longer together. I meant "her kids with Christopher Dean" as in, he is their father.

berthesghost
02-27-2012, 07:00 PM
I recently read that Jill was a "thorn in Carlo Fassi's side", but there was no elaboration as to the reason. Anyone know anything about their relationship?if you're talking about Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, the comment was made in reference to an attached video of Carlo and Jill training, which IMO, speaks for itself :scream:

Johnny_Fever
02-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Does Trenary teach? Back when she was an amateur, the rumor was that her dad was loaded. Maybe she doesn't need to work. I would assume she gets child support from Dean too.

Sylvia
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Trenary used to coach part-time in Colorado Springs; I remember seeing her name listed as a secondary coach for several Broadmoor SC skaters.

dewey
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I have it tucked way in the back of my memory that Jill had some kind of a lung problem that was not life threatening but made it difficult for her to continue her pro career.

Johnny_Fever
03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah. It was a blood clot. I remember thinking how odd it is for someone so young to get a blood clot.

snoopysnake
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
I thought her blood clot was in her shoulder.

MacMadame
03-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah. It was a blood clot. I remember thinking how odd it is for someone so young to get a blood clot.

I got one when I was 23 from going on birth control. They aren't really about age but about having surgery, hormones and being forced to sit still for long periods of time (i.e., airplane travel)

Johnny_Fever
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you have to take those precautions indefinitely?

Iceman
03-07-2012, 01:19 AM
The clot was in her shoulder according to her bio. An ankle injury which was slow to heal ( she developed a staph infection from the operation on)
played a role in her bringing her competitive career to an end.