PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

mpal2
02-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm already wondering what week it will be when Gavin DeGraw is the musical guest on results night.

kwanfan1818
02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
She has talent. Just not as an opera singer. It's like seeing Sasha Cohen doing a dance lift with three men and doing a couple of twizzles and calling her an ice dancer.

cruisin
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
She has talent. Just not as an opera singer. It's like seeing Sasha Cohen doing a dance lift with three men and doing a couple of twizzles and calling her an ice dancer.

I listened to a few youtube videos, of her singing. And, I agree with you, an accomplished opera singer, she is not. However, she does have a nice voice and can do more than stand around looking pretty :). Of course, it remains to be seen whether the girl with a nice voice can dance better than the girl who stands around just looking pretty :D.

Read, somewhere, that Jaleel actually has some dance experience. Don't know how reliable it is.

skatingfan5
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Of course, it remains to be seen whether the girl with a nice voice can dance better than the girl who stands around just looking pretty :D.Now, now ... according to Maria's wiki entry, she has done more than "standing around just looking pretty":
Menounos also presented at the Earth Day Network's Climate Rally in Washington, DC on April 25, 2010. She encouraged people to go green and threw carrots into the crowd. I wonder if Derek will somehow work throwing carrots into the choreo? With Earth Day coming up in April, they could use "It's Not Easy Being Green" for their music. :D

danceronice
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Gladys might be older, but she's still GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS! (Also, if her appearance on Man v. Food is anything to go by-she cooked wings at her restaurant for Adam and was quite kind about his crush-she's got a sense of humor about herself.)

And oh THAT'S who Jaleel White is. Never having watched Urkel I have no idea. (Yes, I know the show was called Family Matters.)

Seriously, I know Gladys, Martina, and Melissa. That's it. And I know Melissa for being SAG President, Anna Sheridan on B5, and Bruce Boxleitner's (ex?) wife. Little House is the first show where I pulled "THIS TOTALLY SUCKS AND IS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK IT'S STUPID AND I WON'T WATCH IT." (The Little House books hold a very high place in our house. "Laura" was a runner-up for my name, but lost to the title character from Eunice Young Smith's Jennifer Hill books.)

Cheylana
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Read, somewhere, that Jaleel actually has some dance experience. Don't know how reliable it is.
Jaleel definitely has dance experience (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXEPXdB3-w). :D

Grannyfan
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I remember Maria Menounos as a news person on Channel One when we got it at the school where I worked. Anderson Cooper was one of their reporters, too.

Fridge_Break
02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
This cast seems like a bit of a letdown from the names that were swirling about. But none the less, I'll still watch and enjoy the season. I'm surprised with a few of those that ended up being cast that weren't mentioned on any of the rumor lists, Jaleel White and Gladdys Knight being a few.

skatesindreams
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Better this cast than some of those that were rumored to be taking part!

barbk
02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think I'd recognize any of these folks except Gladys and Martina. None of the other names look familiar.
I think they must be having a much harder time casting these days.

purple skates
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
You don't recognize Gladys Knight? :drama: Motown, baby - Motown!

skatemommy
02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
As the mom of a tweener now teenager I can tell you that Roshan is a really good dancer. Better than the two girls on the "Shake it Up Chicago" show they portray on Disney. Really good....

nubka
02-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Once again, no Louis Van Amstel... :( :( :( :( :(

Nan
02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think I'd recognize any of these folks except Gladys and Martina. None of the other names look familiar.

And I recognize more names this season than either of the last two seasons. ;)

I think name recognition depends a great deal on your age and how much you follow current television and pop culture.

KikiSashaFan
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Once again, no Louis Van Amstel... :( :( :( :( :(

or Lacey :(

I am thrilled there's no one from Jersey Shore though, and :cheer: for Gavin DeGraw