PDA

View Full Version : What are the options for Ksenia Makarova ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

kwanfan1818
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I vote "Other": Skate better than Korobeynikova and Leonova in Nice and get everyone in a frenzy.

alij
02-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I vote "Other": Skate better than Korobeynikova and Leonova in Nice and get everyone in a frenzy.

She has been replaced on the Worlds team by Shelepen, so that is not an option

Vash01
02-24-2012, 12:02 AM
can she skate for Canada? of course she will have to wait to become eligible, but at least it's close to where her parents live, and the competition not as fierce as in Russia or even the USA (sorry, my Canadian friends; I didn't mean to offend you).

kwanfan1818
02-24-2012, 12:23 AM
She has been replaced on the Worlds team by Shelepen, so that is not an option

Last word from Piseev was that the Russian Fed will decide after Jr. Worlds. Shelepen's announcement that she was chosen to replace Makarova has been removed from her social media.

love_skate2011
02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
can she skate for Canada? of course she will have to wait to become eligible, but at least it's close to where her parents live, and the competition not as fierce as in Russia or even the USA (sorry, my Canadian friends; I didn't mean to offend you).

:rofl:

but the waiting period would me more than 2 years
and she will have to wait after the 2014 Olympics

Nomad
02-24-2012, 07:40 AM
She's only 19. She could still compete at the 2018 Olympics if she switched countries.

love_skate2011
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
^

of course she always has that option go to Canada, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine but the waiting period, can she wait that long enough ?? :confused:

Nomad
02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Is the alternative any better? Piseev has no problem dumping skaters who don't deliver. Sokolova, Doronina and the rest of the Crapova sisters, and now Makarova. The writing is already on the wall. At this point she'll be lucky to get B assignments.

Marco
02-24-2012, 08:35 AM
^

of course she always has that option go to Canada, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine but the waiting period, can she wait that long enough ?? :confused:

At this stage I am not even sure Makarova can take on Phaneuf and Lacoste. if she moved to other, smaller, former Soviet federations, she should be ready to receive the Soldatova treatment on her PCS.

Kelvster
02-24-2012, 09:53 AM
I think we all saw how depressed she looked after the long programme at Euros. She probably realized that it was her last chance at a medal at such a major event.

It's quite a shame because her skating is pleasant enough. Saw her live last year at COC and after the really dismal SP, she kind of delivered in the long. I don't think she'll ever land the lutz though! (Such horrific attempts during last season if I am not mistaken)

No point switching country at this stage though because her destiny may be the same as Soldatova otherwise.

I think she should keep competing for Russia, while adjusting her expectations so she'll know that any assignments that she gets will be a bonus. Otherwise, she may like to treat the Worlds in Nice as her last big competition (assuming she's going) and then go to college in the US or something afterwards~~, then (whilst at college) re-assess the situation after all the Russian babies have had their go at Sochi. :)

PashaFan
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
She needs to get in the gym & get stronger. She always looks like she will break in two.
I really hope she hangs in there.

gingercat
02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
I would love to Ksenia move back to her old coaches regain all of the muscle she lost and begin to enjoy and love her skating again. She is a lovely girl and she looks like passion and joy have been taken from her. It is so very sad to watch. I wish her happiness in whatever she chooses, but I hope she allows herself a chance to return to the kind of skating she obviously loved. Competing or not she deserves a chance to love her skating again.

gingercat
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
To Pashfan - look at pictures of her when she was in the US with Petrenko - she had muscle and power and speed - she looks like she went on a "Russian Diet" when she was training there and lost all of her strength - the pictures are worth a thousand words. VERY SAD! She is a lovely and talented skater - it has all been taken from her. Who knows how she would have done against the young power houses - that does not really matter. It is just a shame to see what was done to her.

PashaFan
02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
To Pashfan - look at pictures of her when she was in the US with Petrenko - she had muscle and power and speed - she looks like she went on a "Russian Diet" when she was training there and lost all of her strength - the pictures are worth a thousand words. VERY SAD! She is a lovely and talented skater - it has all been taken from her. Who knows how she would have done against the young power houses - that does not really matter. It is just a shame to see what was done to her.

The first time I saw her was at the 2010 Europeans.
Is there any earlier programes of her on Youtube?.

Sylvia
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
The first time I saw her was at the 2010 Europeans.
Is there any earlier programes of her on Youtube?.
Yes, 2009 International Cup of Nice (her first senior international? she won) are the earliest ones I've seen on youtube. Makarova also competed on the JGP in the fall of 2009 and qualified for the Final, placing 4th.