PDA

View Full Version : US Ice Dance splits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Tammi
05-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Any word on Cannuscio/Bramante's new coach(es)?According to the article, they will continue to train with Isabella's current coaches, Karen Ludingtin, Sasha Kirsanov and Christie Moxley.

Debbie S
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Hate to be nit-picky, but I keep seeing it in this thread. It's Laura Bonacorsi. :)I'm pretty sure it's "Lauri". Not only is that the name used in skating bios, it's also the one on her FB and Twitter accounts.

Penniless Rostrum
06-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Samuelson & Gilles have been removed from The Team C envelope but are still on the international selection pool listings; one might think they have retired/split, anyone have any info? I hate to see Emily sidelined like this along with Jana K, IMO they are the best female dancers out there, such a shame to see wonderful talent being held back by lack of a suitable male!!!

Iceymom
06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Lot's of terrific ladies out there are held back in ice dance because of a lack of a suitable male. Nothing new there. Sad that U.S. mentality makes it difficult to attract young men into dance of any kind. It is the most physically demanding of sports out there and the common perception is that it is a gay sport.

Rochelle
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Samuelson & Gilles have been removed from The Team C envelope but are still on the international selection pool listings; one might think they have retired/split, anyone have any info? I hate to see Emily sidelined like this along with Jana K, IMO they are the best female dancers out there, such a shame to see wonderful talent being held back by lack of a suitable male!!!

:confused: Interesting. They're still listed as one of the headliners for Skate For Hope (http://www.skateforhope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Headliners) in two weeks (June 16).

rhumba
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Lot's of terrific ladies out there are held back in ice dance because of a lack of a suitable male. Nothing new there. Sad that U.S. mentality makes it difficult to attract young men into dance of any kind. It is the most physically demanding of sports out there and the common perception is that it is a gay sport.

Uhmm...many talented men also out there and unable to find suitable partners too, e.g. Cowan, Travis (not sure if he's still available?), Tyler Brooks, Ian Lorello (with Lauri? ), etc. Keiffer was sidelined for a year until O/C split.

Debbie S
06-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Samuelson & Gilles have been removed from The Team C envelope but are still on the international selection pool listings; one might think they have retired/split, anyone have any info? I hate to see Emily sidelined like this along with Jana K, IMO they are the best female dancers out there, such a shame to see wonderful talent being held back by lack of a suitable male!!!Not anymore. :(

isamelia
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I think we need to hear from Gramps on this one.

Wishing the best for Emily & Todd.

semogal
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Well this just stinks. I love Emily Samuelson, she is such a beautiful skater (and a nice person) and I will be very sad if this is the end of her skating career. Dare I hope she has found a better partner?

Twizzler
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Uhmm...many talented men also out there and unable to find suitable partners too, e.g. Cowan, Travis (not sure if he's still available?), Tyler Brooks, Ian Lorello (with Lauri? ), etc. Keiffer was sidelined for a year until O/C split.

Tyler Brooks has a partner (don't know her name) and Ian and Lauri are skating together in Detroit.

Sit_spin
06-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Does anybody have more info on the status of Samuelson/Gilles?

AJ Skatefan
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Not anymore. :(

In a million depressions over this......I was hoping to see them improve this year and get the open Skate America spot.

casken
06-02-2012, 08:59 PM
He was never big/strong enough for her anyway, so it's for the best.

jojowest
06-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Tyler Brooks partnered with Madeline Rutledge from the Detroit Skating Club

Sylvia
06-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Madeleine Rutledge was a singles skater (ETA: she qualified for Junior Nationals last season but did not advance to the Intermediate Ladies final round) and is new to dance - I think she's around 14 years old. Will Rutledge/Brooks be training in Colorado Springs?