PDA

View Full Version : US Ice Dance splits

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

LilJen
03-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Can someone please fill me in on what happened with Yang/Baker? I thought that there was some injury last fall or summer, but I hear now that they split?

Sylvia
03-18-2012, 02:19 AM
I posted this in the U.S. JGP Assignments discussion thread back in September 2011:
"It is my understanding that Joylyn Yang's back injury has resulted in her retirement. Yang/Baker's names have been removed from both the Team C envelope and ISP."

ETA: Yang/Baker's split was never officially announced (their IceNetwork profile is not updated with news of a split).

shan
03-18-2012, 03:09 AM
I posted this in the U.S. JGP Assignments discussion thread back in September 2011:
"It is my understanding that Joylyn Yang's back injury has resulted in her retirement. Yang/Baker's names have been removed from both the Team C envelope and ISP."

ETA: Yang/Baker's split was never officially announced (their IceNetwork profile is not updated with news of a split).

And their website has a thank you message.

http://www.yangandbaker.com/YangandBaker.com/Welcome.html

It is sad that she had to retire.

LilJen
03-18-2012, 02:18 PM
:wuzrobbed That is really unfortunate. They had a great career and looked to have a great future. I liked their creative programs, and of course the thought of having some great ice dance out of the PNW (which I still can hope for, right? since Baker's parents and Ben Agosto are still there) is exciting. Hoping that Jean-Luc can find a good match. Actually, after seeing this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW0yXFFCBbQ) I think that he and Evan Bates could do a real :kickass: disco exhibition. (On second thought, maybe "Joelyn Zhang" retired upon hearing her name butchered by that announcer.)

I think he's fab.

ETA: Their SD at 2011 Nationals. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Zy_V2VKVM&feature=related) Who would EVER have thought "Indian music" and "My Favorite Things" would go together? It's a thoroughly, wonderfully bizarre and creative concept. (They got 1st in the Jr SD.)

shan
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Yang/Baker's Jr SD was my favorite last season. I love how creative it was.

victoriaheidi
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
:( ((((((((hugs Joylyn and Jean-Luc))))))))

Ageless
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Carina Glastris is now listed on Icepartnersearch. She skated Senior at 2012 Nationals with Kevin Allison.

fluorescein
03-19-2012, 02:10 AM

Such a shame to have a career-ending back injury at 15! They were so lovely. I hope Baker can find a partner that suits him as well.

DORISPULASKI
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Is Baker known to be looking for a partner?

BittyBug
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Kristin Lench, age 15, coached by Ben Agosto, is newly listed on IPS and she includes a video of an "Ave Maria" show program skated with Jean-Luc Baker in her IPS profile: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=3973
Baker recalls a young Gorsha Sur in that video.

CoralReef
03-24-2012, 09:21 PM
All the split rumors make me :( but I understand it happens for one reason or an other. Anyway I've been checking the USFSA site periodically to see if there have been any announcements. Have not found any but I did notice 2 dance teams that disappeared out envelopes. They have bios on Ice Network and both have been updated with split announcements.

Isabella Cannuscio & Ian Lorello
Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan

Both enjoyable teams to watch and have had success. Whatever the reasons I hope they find much happiness with their new paths.

mineko
03-24-2012, 09:47 PM
All the split rumors make me :( but I understand it happens for one reason or an other. Anyway I've been checking the USFSA site periodically to see if there have been any announcements. Have not found any but I did notice 2 dance teams that disappeared out envelopes. They have bios on Ice Network and both have been updated with split announcements.

Isabella Cannuscio & Ian Lorello
Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan

Both enjoyable teams to watch and have had success. Whatever the reasons I hope they find much happiness with their new paths.

How sad. I liked both teams very much. Cannuscio/Lorello seemed to have benefitted from better programs in the future, which they would not obviously have any longer.

I am at a loss as to the Olson/Cowan split. I thought that they showed great promise/potential at nationals.

I am anxious to find out each person's future plans. Meanwhile, best of luck to all four of them; thank you so much for lighten up my days with your skating.

johndockley92
03-25-2012, 03:06 AM
^^ This is sad =( I liked both teams.

kwanette
03-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Ah, re: Ian and Bella..Liked them a lot..

reese
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Surprised about Olson/Cowan. They had a good season.