PDA

View Full Version : US Ice Dance splits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Twizzler
06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Is Travis Mager too short for her?

SamuraiK
06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Kolbe/Caruso split few months ago. I read that Stefano Caruso was looking for a new partner. What are the chances for Emily Samuelson to compete for Germany or Italy?

As previous Junior World Champion for the US and having competed internationally until just last year.. I'll say almost none:rolleyes::(

hlp728
06-27-2012, 01:52 AM
For heights I saw 5"10 and 5"9 1/2 for Travis Mager and 5"11 for Stefano Caruso. imagine Emily coached by Barbara Fusarium Poli, Stefano's coach last season.

As for a release from the USFSA, can another country pay for her release if she found a partner outside the US. Just curious to see what they allow. The US has plenty of teams and no partners for Emily as it appears right now, so why not release her if that scenario does happen. There are so many of us that would love to see her skate again competitively.

rhumba
06-27-2012, 03:26 AM
For heights I saw 5"10 and 5"9 1/2 for Travis Mager and 5"11 for Stefano Caruso. imagine Emily coached by Barbara Fusarium Poli, Stefano's coach last season.

As for a release from the USFSA, can another country pay for her release if she found a partner outside the US. Just curious to see what they allow. The US has plenty of teams and no partners for Emily as it appears right now, so why not release her if that scenario does happen. There are so many of us that would love to see her skate again competitively.

Didn't Nora's (Hungarian) federation pay for Max to get the release from USFS? I don't think he had to wait a year or two to skate for Hungary.

Iceymom
07-19-2012, 12:26 PM
New splits popping up even before Lake Placid!
Jessica Mancini and Brad Kleffman, and who knows who else?

Pitbull
08-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Brad Kleffman decided to move back home to pursue a degree in fine arts. While he and Jessica Mancini looked great together and had received great reviews, his heart was no longer in skating. Jessica is preparing to test more Int'l dances and will be seeking a new partner for the next season.

Pitbull
08-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Is it true that Tyler Brooks has split from Madeleiine Rutledge and has quit skating?

just wondering
08-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Is it true that Tyler Brooks has split from Madeleiine Rutledge and has quit skating?

Sad, if true. I have no idea about their skills, but didn't they just pair a few months ago? And she moved to Colorado Springs from somewhere?

mgobluegirl
08-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Sad, if true. I have no idea about their skills, but didn't they just pair a few months ago? And she moved to Colorado Springs from somewhere?

She's from Michigan. She's represented Detroit SC for the last 4 years or so.

Pitbull
08-28-2012, 11:39 PM
It is so sad that so many splits have occured so close to the cut off for the qualifying season. Best wishes to all seeking new partnerships or having to resume "normal life" while awaiting chances for new beginnings after this season has ended.

FSWer
08-29-2012, 01:47 AM
It is so sad that so many splits have occured so close to the cut off for the qualifying season. Best wishes to all seeking new partnerships or having to resume "normal life" while awaiting chances for new beginnings after this season has ended.

I wonder what's with all the break-ups or splits?!! I wonder too,if there is one main reason all Teams that do break up.

Twizzler
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM

Yes. I really feel for Rutledge as she uprooted her life to skate with him.

Pitbull
08-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Yes, and so young to move far away from home. Jessica Mancini also uprooted to move from Colorado to Detroit.. And Marybeth to CA. And Mia to CO. I am sure that these long distance moves disrupt families and education and incur quite a bit of financial strain.I wonder if USFS has any ideas on how to help form and maintain promising partnerships? Some people question the level of responsibility, accountability and diligence of the skaters, but what does a team do when one member decides that skating is no longer an interest of theirs?