PDA

View Full Version : US Ice Dance splits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

mgobluegirl
06-25-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm sure he would disagree.. Is he not dating and with Madison? Getting to share a bed with her is not doing worse at all.. ;p

Wow, that's pretty inappropriate to say.

Last I knew he was dating Becky Bereswill.

blue_idealist
06-25-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm sure he would disagree.. Is he not dating and with Madison? Getting to share a bed with her is not doing worse at all.. ;p

Doing worse, placement-wise haha.

eurodance2001
06-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Wow, that's pretty inappropriate to say.

Last I knew he was dating Becky Bereswill.

Last time I checked this is the trash can.. Enter at ur own risk..

Sylvia
06-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Emily Samuelson confirms and explains the end of her partnership with Todd Gilles: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84081

peibeck
06-25-2012, 11:00 PM

Madison is dating Devidas Stagniunas, the Lithuanian ice dancer. Talk about a very striking pair. :)

Emily Samuelson confirms and explains the end of her partnership with Todd Gilles: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84081

:fragile: Emily is madly talented; but finding a partner near her skill set is going to be nearly impossible this season. It's too bad he-Hubbell and Ian Lorello have already partnered up with new ladies.

missysays
06-25-2012, 11:06 PM

That's too bad! I saw her at Nationals this past season and her joy, excitement and gratitude to be out on competitive ice again was palpable. Unfortunately, she and Todd just didn't have that little bit of "magic" that causes a great ice dance couple to come together and stay together. She has probably explored the partner options that are already out there for her- and seen that she doesn't really have that many choices.

She seems to have a very positive spirit though and is trying to see what's available for her. I thought that she did well when providing ice dance commentary for IceNetwork a couple of years ago when she was waiting for Evan to recover. Much smoother commentary delivery than Kimberly Navarro at this year's Nationals. I wonder if they would consider having her back! I think she'd do well in that area.

Good luck to her!

blancanieves
06-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Emily is madly talented; but finding a partner near her skill set is going to be nearly impossible this season. It's too bad he-Hubbell and Ian Lorello have already partnered up with new ladies.

Any international prospects? Then again, don't know if she'd want to compete for a different country.

hlp728
06-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I adore Emily so much as a person and skater. I would love to take lessons from her. Hoping that she does find that perfect partner to compete with.

Would the USFSA release her to compete for another country if she chose that path? And who is available for her and worthy for her?

Could we get Ben Agosto out of retirement to skate with Emily?

RumbleFish
06-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Could we get Ben Agosto out of retirement to skate with Emily?

:yikes: No. Not another brother and sister look again.

MissIzzy
06-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Would the USFSA release her to compete for another country if she chose that path? And who is available for her and worthy for her?

Her last international medal was 2009 Four Continents. The USFSA's policy at least used to be four years, and I really don't think they'd hold her past that. So yes, that's looking feasible.

blue_idealist
06-26-2012, 06:07 AM
I can't think of anyone good enough from another country who is available. :( If Vanessa Crone had to look below her league, Emily'd probably have to as well. :( Too bad she (Emily) didn't get Keiffer Hubbell.. or did she try out with him at one point? I can't remember.

rhumba
06-26-2012, 06:17 AM
What about Cowan? Is he looking for partner?

hlp728
06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
I think last season Emily tried out with Keifer, Paul P., Colin Brubaker and others less known according to the press release when she and Todd paired up. Has Tavis Mager found a new partner? I think J Cowan retired and is teaching ballroom dancing.

Sylvia
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
What about Cowan? Is he looking for partner?
There was a photo of Jordan Cowan at the DSC show earlier this month and his caption said:
"Retired ice dancer Jordan Cowan has moved behind the scenes. (He's also teaching ballroom dancing.)"
Source link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3592608&postcount=38

Marta24
06-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Kolbe/Caruso split few months ago. I read that Stefano Caruso was looking for a new partner. What are the chances for Emily Samuelson to compete for Germany or Italy?