PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko needs two surgeries

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Iceman
03-09-2012, 12:59 AM
I wonder if Chan will be able to continue to skate at this level till Sochi.

spikydurian
03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Donno. I don't think he knows too and he has said in interviews that he will take a year at a time. Two years is quite some time away. Anything can happen.
BTW, why are we talking about Chan in this Plushy surgeries thread?:)

jettasian
03-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I wonder if Chan will be able to continue to skate at this level till Sochi.

I don't see why not. He can still improve on many things and he's only 21. He didn't start winning until last year's World. I feel like it's just a beginning for him.

mag
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Donno. I don't think he knows too and he has said in interviews that he will take a year at a time. Two years is quite some time away. Anything can happen.
BTW, why are we talking about Chan in this Plushy surgeries thread?:)

Because he is the new KWAN!! Yipee, I've always wanted to be the first one to randomly insert Kwan into a thread. :rofl:

Iceman
03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
The thread has probably run its course----so maybe that is the reason some of us are talking about Michelle Chan lol

jettasian
03-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope Chan is not the next Kwan. She choked in Olympics.

Civic
03-11-2012, 01:02 AM
...It does not matter to me WHO the skater is. I am firmly of the opinion that once you fall, you should no longer be able to win...

So what would you have the judges do at competitions in which all of the contenders fall? It's been known to happen. In fact, it's happened more than once; even at the senior world level.

jettasian
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
So what would you have the judges do at competitions in which all of the contenders fall? It's been known to happen. In fact, it's happened more than once; even at the senior world level.

Then the last skater, who knows before hand that all other skaters have fallen, so can't win. S/He just go out spin around 4 minutes then win :hat1:

MacMadame
03-11-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't know... wouldn't the stress of knowing you can't win if you fall make you fall on one of those spins? It would be much safer just to stroke around the rink a bit and do a lot of posing. ;)

Proustable
03-11-2012, 01:48 AM

Maybe no medals would be rewarded. I actually think that's a pretty audacious idea. But only at the senior level - at the junior level it might discourage far too many from continuing.

MacMadame
03-11-2012, 02:59 AM
But it would totally energize the Seniors? :rolleyes:

Proustable
03-11-2012, 03:45 AM
But it would totally energize the Seniors? :rolleyes:

Heh. Obviously, it's a stupid idea, but I'd like to see those who say "You can't win with a fall" say "a fall should disqualify a competitor" because that is literally the only guaranteed way that their wish can come true.

mag
03-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I don't know... wouldn't the stress of knowing you can't win if you fall make you fall on one of those spins? It would be much safer just to stroke around the rink a bit and do a lot of posing. ;)

I don't know, those toe picks are tricky. Perhaps just posing with no stroking would be safer ...:rofl:

jettasian
03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't know, those toe picks are tricky. Perhaps just posing with no stroking would be safer ...:rofl:

Then how do you determine Silver and Bronze? A spin may make the difference :hat1:

Sylvia
03-12-2012, 04:02 AM
So why was it decided that the back operation was not needed? Did the injury just heal on its own?
According to this RIA Novosti English article dated Feb. 28, 2012 (http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120228/171586895.html):

“The injury will be treated with non-invasive methods: injections into the muscles, physiotherapy, acupuncture,” Russian skating team doctor Yaroslav Bugaev said Tuesday, adding the injury would stop causing Plushenko pain after a minimum two weeks' treatment.