PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko needs two surgeries

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Buzz
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Good luck to him and all the best for a speedy recovery.

senorita
02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
^correct

and Gachinski needs to improve more in the coming seasons and win again to prove his bronze at Worlds 2011 was not just a fluke. its not like he is Chan or Gold who is a lock for almost all podiums.

Gold like Gracie Gold?
Arthur is still 18, I think his peak time hasnt arrived yet, and he just tries to find his style, I like that he works with choreographers like Dickinson and Lambiel, and I agree that Abott or Daisuke, I would add Hanyu and Kozuka for sure and maybe Javier (although I think he is overrated this season) would beat him if clean, but Euros proved he is less headcase than many. He seems to skate better late in the season so who knows..

Mevrouw
02-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Has Plushenko had both surgeries or just the knee?

AJ Skatefan
03-01-2012, 12:39 AM
His skating has a beautiful lyrical quality....

We're all entitled to our opinions but I wouldn't use the word "lyrical" to describe Gachinski's skating. His skating does have many other qualities, however.

AJ Skatefan
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
What "new system"? CoP has been in place for almost a decade now.

ITA. And Plushenko won his Olympic gold medal under this "new system" didn't he?

misskarne
03-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Has Plushenko had both surgeries or just the knee?

He doesn't have to have the back surgery anymore! :)

Glacier cat
03-01-2012, 01:21 AM
ITA. And Plushenko won his Olympic gold medal under this "new system" didn't he?

One Gold and the other Silver.

rosebrallier
03-02-2012, 01:00 AM
One Gold and the other Silver.

It wasn't silver, it was platinum!:lol:
(honestly, he probably deserved gold based on the sp)

Vash01
03-02-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm happy to hear that he won't need additional surgery.

That is great news. Now he needs to listen to his doctors, allow plenty of time to heal, and not get back on the ice too soon.

misskarne
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
It wasn't silver, it was platinum!:lol:
(honestly, he probably deserved gold based on the sp)

Yes. He was underscored in the SP. But that was 2010, this is 2012, time to go on since he is. (Except that I'll always jump on and correct anyone who claims he said it.)

That is great news. Now he needs to listen to his doctors, allow plenty of time to heal, and not get back on the ice too soon.

I'm really hoping he's learnt a lesson after last year and the mega screw-up that led to him needing the exemption. The whole reason he needed extra time off was because he got back on too soon. Here's hoping he stays off until he's properly healed!

Jaana
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
With all honesty: if the others can't beat him, that's their problem!
If he wants to test himself against this "new generation", then let him. He's not hurting anybody. In fact, he can only be helping by forcing the younger skaters to push themselves harder. I think he sees it as a challenge - to skate to a new system, to face and beat these new youngsters.

No, it is not their problem, the problem is reputation judging which hurts other skaters. Because of reputation Plushenko is getting higher scores that he deserves. In 2012 Europeans Gachinski should have won, IMO.

misskarne
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
No, it is not their problem, the problem is reputation judging which hurts other skaters. Because of reputation Plushenko is getting higher scores that he deserves. In 2012 Europeans Gachinski should have won, IMO.

While I agree that Gachinsky should have won Euros, I disagree with the overall statement. At Euros Plushenko was the only one to skate clean for the whole thing. While you could argue that he left the hard jumps out of his SP, his LP had the quad and he was still clean. No-one else was.

Civic
03-04-2012, 06:37 AM
While I agree that Gachinsky should have won Euros, I disagree with the overall statement. At Euros Plushenko was the only one to skate clean for the whole thing. While you could argue that he left the hard jumps out of his SP, his LP had the quad and he was still clean. No-one else was.

Is Mishin still coaching Gachinski? If so, I could see Gachinski having a problem with this since he and Plushenko are now head-to-head rivals.

Vash01
03-04-2012, 06:42 AM
^

correct

and Gachinski needs to improve more in the coming seasons and win again to prove his bronze at Worlds 2011 was not just a fluke. its not like he is Chan or Gold who is a lock for almost all podiums.

Chan is certainly a lock for the gold medal, but Gold (Gracie) is a lock for all podiums? Did you mean all junior podiums or senior? If it's the latter, I have to disagree. She has not been tested in a senior competition yet.

MacMadame
03-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Heck, I disagree that Grace is a lock for all podiums as a Junior!